What weapons practically need a sight attachment?

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Since I personally don’t like using sights on my weapons, it got me thinking which firearms I don’t use without any.

Some of the ‘meta’ weapons have great ironsights in my opinion and won’t require a 25% extra cost on top for a small dot.

Examples of guns that in my opinion DON’T need any sights because the ironsights are clear enough and dont block too much visibility:

- AK 101/47/74u
- Scar
- M4A1/M16
- HK45CT
- AS50 (depends on the range obviously)
- MP5
- Shotguns (exception of SPAS12
- Enfield
- AUG
- SG550
- SAKO

Examples of guns that NEED a sight attachment to either not block your half of your screen off or to be able to actually know where you’re aiming:

- UMP45 (ads without one makes me wanna cry)
- G36C
- MP 9/7
- MAC11
- Glock 17/20/18C (feels like the ironsights sortoff bugout on my screen sometimes)
- SPAS12 (I personally don’t use one it it, but I 100% get why)
- FAMAS
- UZI

Do note that sight attachments are situational, they are in no doubt better if you need to shoot from a distance. In close quarters, sights can be beneficial, but are redundant if you ask me.

What do you guys think? Why and/or when do you use a sight attachment? Tell us below and maybe we can teach some people a thing or 2.

(PS, when I get on, I’ll update the list when checking all ironsights again. I might even add a ‘review’ of all sights attachments.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some pistols require you to use a sight or else the suppressor gets in the way of the iron sight as it's too large. .40 S&W like the Glock 20 and I believe Walther P99 have this issue, haven't tested with P226 or the USP 40.

Reaction score
Some pistols require you to use a sight or else the suppressor gets in the way of the iron sight as it's too large. .40 S&W like the Glock 20 and I believe Walther P99 have this issue, haven't tested with P226 or the USP 40.
You can put sights on revolvers? Never knew. Good point tho with the silencers.

Reaction score
You can put sights on revolvers? Never knew. Good point tho with the silencers.
Revolvers cannot take suppressors, .40 S&W is a caliber (10x22mm) which some pistols use.
They're also known as 10mm but the only real 10mm in PERP is the MP5/10 which is actually 10x25mm and (technically?) not the same.

Reaction score
benelli and sako both do very well with sights but don't necessarily need them, they're very nice to have though

mac11 can be used without a sight but benefits with it similarly to benelli/sako - source: 4 year mac11 main

using the uzi without a sight is like waterboarding yourself with ice water while naked in the antarctic while a penguin pecks at your newly-formed icicle penis for days

Reaction score
Revolvers cannot take suppressors, .40 S&W is a caliber (10x22mm) which some pistols use.
They're also known as 10mm but the only real 10mm in PERP is the MP5/10 which is actually 10x25mm and (technically?) not the same.
I know that revolvers can't take suppressors, I was thinking that you meant putting pistols sights on revolvers. But some gun facts are always appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mac-11 take pistol reflex sight which go for $800 so its pretty good for more long range bursts, very capable
yeah this, you might as well but it's not entirely necessarily if you're in a pickle

Reaction score
Not sure where you're getting the hint of revolvers in my message as pistols are vastly different lol
I made spelling mistake, its corrected now. I thought of revolvers cuz of SW, thought U meant one of the SW models.

Reaction score
L115A3 doesn’t have any sights and when you ADS with it you just centre align the bolt to your face.

Reaction score
Every gun

once you use attachments I can't imagine not using them again, the guns just wobble so much vertically that the default sights obscure what you are shooting at.

SCAR might be the only exception