What you guys think about school??

Ayjay

Reaction score
I could go into a bit debate about school and how current systems are not benefiting people as much as it should however you have to realise that there is only a certain amount of work and effort schools can put into people, you have to do a lot of the work in order to gain good grades.

School isn't just about learning books, reading over Pythagoras and exam papers. Its about the social skills, analytical skills and overall progression of development you gain throughout the years you're there. I feel a reform in many school systems should be put in place, I mean some people excel at exams, go through them with straight a's and make something of themselves. But that one system might work for some students, but not for others, some kids may be creative and loves developing and making new things where as another may be more intellectual and prefer copying down stuff from a book and revising the things they have learnt.

What I'm trying to say is learning is different for everyone, knowledge is power there is no doubt about that.

Reaction score
Some lessons I hate and some are kinda fun, I'm in my last year of high school (Year 11)

Reaction score
Here in America if you don't take school seriously and your family is somewhat underprivileged or even middle class, you won't necessarily lead a good life. College is truly the gateway to "success" depending on major rather, so don't expect anything good to come out of a liberal arts degree. However, you don't necessarily need to go to college to make something out of yourself. It honestly might not be for you and it just depends on the individual at hand.

You could easily learn a trade later or right out of High School rather than go to college to make something out of yourself. But working a dead end job in retail or something low maintenance that requires little schooling and is salaried at under $50k a year isn't for me and I realized that a little too late into High School but I miraculously pulled out of my bad school habits towards the end of my 2nd year of high school. I still procrastinate and really could've tried harder in school but I just didn't because I'm a lazy asshole and it honestly was the best years of my life (so far) doing so and it's sadly coming to an end as college rolls around. If I tried hard enough and took school as serious as others I probably could've made valedictorian or salutatorian seeing as their test scores are shit but their GPAs are pretty nice.

Bottom line is, you don't have to like school to be successful in it. You just have to care a little bit to be successful in it but if you don't want to be a bum and leech off your parents then you should probably do good in school and care enough to get your ass a degree.

(I know this post is old, no one posts in the homework section anymore, just remind people of the importance of school)