When talking about grades, which grade system to you prefer?

Which type of grade system do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
its like i live in the toilet the way i be shittin
I made this as we recently talked about grades in shoutbox, I want to know what grades perpheads prefer. Also, please tell me if you use a different type of system, so I can add it to the votes.

I am fully aware that this is useless, I just want to know what the community thinks.

Reaction score
Great, now we wait 5 years for this poll to close. Now I wish I had 2020 vision

Trande

1 - best

6 - worst

Simple and logical. Every other system is shit.

Deleted member 1235

UK uses letters so its best to worst: A*,A,B,C,D,E,F,U however in the next few years it will be changing to numbers thanks to Michael Gove the knob

Reaction score
In a percentage of schools in England, there is a separation between key-stage 1/2/3 (KS1/2/3) and key-stage 4/GCSE (KS4/GCSE) in highschool. The system in my particular area in England goes like this:
  • (Levels)KS1/2/3: (Low)N, 1c, 1b, 1a, 2c, 2b, 2a, 3c, 3b, 3a, 4c, 4b, 4a, 5c, 5b, 5a, 6c, 6b, 6a, 7c, 7b, 7a, 8c, 8b, 8a(High).
  • (Grades/marks)KS4/GCSE: (Low)U, F, E, D-, D, D+, C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, A-, A, A*(High).
The average level for someone in KS2 is 4b by the end of Year 6 (7th Grade).
The average level for someone in KS3 is 6c/b by the end of Year 9 (10th Grade).
The average grade for someone in KS4/GCSE is in the B range.
These levels and grades change depending on knowledge and dedication of course. I managed to achieve primarily 4b's in KS1/2, 6a's in KS3 and currently on grade B's and A's in KS4/GCSE. I was however predicted D's and C's in all of my GCSE's judging from my KS2 results, I guess not everything is bad in my life. :)

It may be confusing at first but when you have been using this system for 10 years, it becomes pretty easy.

Reaction score
And here's how it goes for me, from worst to best: 03/-3, 00, 02, 4, 7, 10 and 12. If you get below 02, you've failed.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Our system in England is not that bad, however our letters change depending on what course you're on and how much you actually need for that grade; pretty much the same for any grading system.

However, as @Duffy said; Gove felt that it was needed to fix something that is far from broken - The numbers sytem won't really affect me considering I'm going to be in university when it changes but it's something the country feels should be changed and if our goverment has voted for it I guess that it's obviously right. (sarcasam).

I'm not too sure what I prefer, a number system seems simpler for autistic people - However, the grading system that England currently uses is all I've ever known and A, B, C (The rest are for autistic people) D, E, F, G, U. seems to be pretty simple for most people here.

Reaction score
Well two types of grades in UK
Levels like 2C,2B,2A,3C,3B,3A,4C,4B,4A,5C,5B,5A,6C,6B,6A,7C,7B,7A,8C,EP
EP Meaning Exceptional Progress

And also
A*,A,B,C,D,E,F

MattIs

Only annoying thing at A-Level is that E's and D's are still pass whereas in GCSE it's a "you're fucked in the head"

Reaction score
for some years in Italy we hadn't letter nor numbers we had words:
| weightily insufficient | insufficient | sufficient | good | distinct | excellent |

but now we have 1-10 nubers again, and it's much better, it's also easyer to calculate the average mark you have