YouTube is slowing down its performance if you use AdBlock

Reaction score
As the title says.

YouTube introduced artificial latency for users who use AdBlock during a New Year's update. Some of you may have noticed this and it's pretty annoying.

YouTube did respond to a thread of a user who reported this latency and they simply responded with "Turn off AdBlock".

Article from pcgamer.com

Solution: use uBlock Origin

Reaction score
Reaction score
I haven't had this issue thanks to this extension. I also use it with uBlock
whbiixv.png

So maybe give this a try.

Reaction score
I actually had that Chrome was slowing down my whole computer when I had youtube loading with AdBlock enabled. Unsure if it was dodgy adblock or Chrome itself deciding to use as much RAM as possible.

Reaction score
I actually had that Chrome was slowing down my whole computer when I had youtube loading with AdBlock enabled. Unsure if it was dodgy adblock or Chrome itself deciding to use as much RAM as possible.
Chrome and Brave (also basically Chrome) always takes a full minute or so just to load the first page when I open it up, I have no clue why its doing this and my hunch is probably on Adblock too.

Basically why I switched to Firefox (which also has some issues like still not supporting HDR on YouTube since 2016)

Reaction score
Chrome and Brave (also basically Chrome) always takes a full minute or so just to load the first page when I open it up, I have no clue why its doing this and my hunch is probably on Adblock too.

Basically why I switched to Firefox (which also has some issues like still not supporting HDR on YouTube since 2016)
It was getting to the point my computer was unuseable which when I have 32GB of RAM and good CPU n GPU should not be the case.

All problems resolved the second I removed the adblock.

Reaction score
I've only recently made the switch from chrome to brave, whilst they do both run under chromium, for years I've always ran into eventual problems with chrome where things just gradually decide to break and stop working overtime as well as be pretty heavy on performance too. No issues with brave for me so far and if anything, it's been a much faster and better experience.

quickly put, chrome just fucking sucks, use brave or firefox

Reaction score
I just found this out accidentally yesterday, I turned off my Ad blocker and it was running smoothly again.

The amount of fucking time I wasted this year waiting for videos to load :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Secondary pro tip- Dont use ad-block+; it fails to bypass the adblock block AND they take money for advertising to circumvent their blocker