YouTube Premium

Reaction score
YouTube has also started cracking down on ad-blockers harder than Twitch because another mega corporation is missing out on a 0 in their yearly profits report. Please give the poor company money, they are starving and can't think of other ways to make money. The perfect time to fuck everyone over during inflation and subscription based services are the biggest trend.

Today I got the more threatening version to turn off my ad-block and that is that I can watch 2 more videos until YouTube blocks me from watching any more.

Well fear not because there are some solutions available. Feel free to discuss alternatives, I'll also link Louis Rossman's video to spread awareness of his own app made to follow creators, not platforms.

If you want to cirumvent the ad-block detection add this to your filters in uBlock Origin
Code:
youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)

youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)

youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])

youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)

Semi-annoying thing is that it pauses videos 2-3 seconds after playing but it's way better than the annoying pop-up. Just press space bar.

I also recommend doing what Jesus does.
rzi66rwxfsub1.png

Apparently logging out and back in to your YouTube account lifts the block.

Edit: Some alternatives that work to circumvent the adblock from blocking playback:

Use Firefox and not a chromium based browser (Chrome or Brave).
Firefox with uBlock Origin works fine, you don't even need the custom filter above.
If somehow you still get blocked from playback after 3 videos you could try using a user-agent switcher and use Microsoft Edge as 'your browser'. This should hopefully unblock you, even when logged in (which worked for me).
Chrome/Brave https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg
Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher-revived/
You know it worked when you see this on the forums:
MQk0Dt4.png

Comes with great features like an actual video downloader and several formats you can choose from. And of course, an ad-blocker.

Edit: Consider switching to a non-Chromium based browser like Firefox. Recently I got permanently blocked with no way of fixing YouTube videos from playing. Besides, Firefox is actually superior :pcmr:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Multi million dollar companies only get away with anti consumer behaviour because idiots actually blow their money on the shit without a second thought. If no one actually purchased the shit and just switched to a different platform, there would be competition forcing them to stop. But here we are, welcome to the modern world where you have to be forced to waste 30 seconds of your time every time you want to watch a video.

Reaction score
fr just insert all your youtube videos to discord or perpheads and there aint no adds for me

Reaction score
Multi million dollar companies only get away with anti consumer behaviour because idiots actually blow their money on the shit without a second thought. If no one actually purchased the shit and just switched to a different platform, there would be competition forcing them to stop. But here we are, welcome to the modern world where you have to be forced to waste 30 seconds of your time every time you want to watch a video.
advertisements have existed in media entertainment for a long time before Youtube. You switch to a different platform, the upkeep becomes more expensive and they will eventually add advertisements too. Lol

Reaction score
What le heck??? Why would you want to stop them making money??? What are you, Fascist??????? How else will Pewdiepie and MrBeast put food on their tables and keep providing us with wholesome content???? You WILL watch the adverts, Chud!!!! Otherwise my favourite streamers can’t afford to just play video games for our entertainment and will need to get Blue Collar jobs in factories... Do you really want that???? I bet if it was the hacker clan 4chan and not YouTube you’d be happily watching adverts…

F60B5D17-0BEB-4AAF-AC0E-76A76CB22DDD.gif

Reaction score
advertisements have existed in media entertainment for a long time before Youtube. You switch to a different platform, the upkeep becomes more expensive and they will eventually add advertisements too. Lol
Thing is the advertisements on YouTube weren't as annoying as they are now. There are unskippable ads and you even get 2 ads in a row. Them not enabling us to block them in the first place makes it even worse. I've actually had an allow list for some creators but I've ditched it with these changes.

Oh yeah and the ads themselves straight up suck giving you nightmares or some sort.
5d0j473th7ub1.png

sasdsa2321312.PNG

Reaction score
Thing is the advertisements on YouTube weren't as annoying as they are now. There are unskippable ads and you even get 2 ads in a row. Them not enabling us to block them in the first place makes it even worse. I've actually had an allow list for some creators but I've ditched it with these changes.

Oh yeah and the ads themselves straight up suck giving you nightmares or some sort.
5d0j473th7ub1.png

sasdsa2321312.PNG
I mean, the algorithm caters to your interests typically or your geographical location, LOL.

Idk, i just don't see it as a big deal especially considering if you watch TV, you go through 10-20 minute ad-breaks. At the cinema, you go through ads. Take 2 ads that account for 30 seconds of my life over the others, tbf

Reaction score
I use the same anti-adblock detection script from some Chinese guy since before Corona. It never stopped working on 99,9% of sites. One new youtube sometimes a ad loads and freezes, and I have to refresh the page to start the video, but that is about it.

Reaction score
I use the same anti-adblock detection script from some Chinese guy since before Corona. It never stopped working on 99,9% of sites. One new youtube sometimes a ad loads and freezes, and I have to refresh the page to start the video, but that is about it.

holy based

Reaction score
valentine buddy put the reading glasses on, it says ‘serious men’, not chronically online virgins #333 #halfevil #palilalia
So off this thread then? Did your boyfriend call for his booback to come try and shittalk me since he done such a shit job at doing so

Reaction score
I'm not letting you know which adblockers still work @Creepis; how much is youtube paying you?
They ain't paying me the fuck are you smoking my belgian root beer
also when you select the option that says "Allow adblockers" when a pop-up appears you have 4 options to choose from which AdBlock you're using so they already know lol

Reaction score
you're a 900 lbs fucking toyota driver
400 me + 500 your mom when I pick her up full nelson.....stop talking shit about my trd bro.......at least it doesn't magically and coincidentally get totaled and vanish out of existence an when asked for pictures and proof of ownership like that one jeep you were flexing.....

edit:

you're a 900 lbs fucking toyota driver
*whispers shakily to himself again*: you're a 900 lbs fucking toyota driver