3.22 Highway Driving (Edit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:

3.22 Highway Driving​

Players should at all times drive on the correct side of the highway and should not perform unrealistic maneuvers while driving along the highway, for example performing a U-turn or driving down the wrong off ramp. In addition traffic laws must be obeyed while at the intersection, this includes stopping at red lights. However if the player can provide a reasonable justification for their actions they may be excused from punishment. For example a player may run a red light at the intersection if doing so will significantly increase their chance of survival.

Your version of the rule:

3.22 Highway Driving​

Players should at all times drive on the correct side of the highway and should not perform unrealistic maneuvers while driving along the highway, for example performing a U-turn or driving down the wrong off ramp. In addition traffic laws must be obeyed while at the intersection, this includes stopping at red lights. However, if the player comes to a full stop to check if there is no one coming, it is allowed to run the red light. Additionally, if the player can provide a reasonable justification for their actions they may be excused from punishment. For example a player may run a red light at the intersection without stopping if doing so will significantly increase their chance of survival.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: This is basically how it goes already and I don't see a reason it shouldn't be allowed within the rules, just full stop, check for oncoming traffic or cops, wait if they are there and if not you can go

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes lets make a rule which allows you to break a law.

This is useless to say the least if you really had to run a red light the cops won't ticket you

Reaction score
Yes lets make a rule which allows you to break a law.

This is useless to say the least if you really had to run a red light the cops won't ticket you
that is a really dumb statement...

there are many rules that allow you to break laws

Reaction score
tbh driving should be enforced by TFU and the PLPD and not staff unless its intentional of course like ramming

Reaction score
tbh driving should be enforced by TFU and the PLPD and not staff unless its intentional of course like ramming
TFU is the PD btw. The reason the “rules are enforcing traffic laws” is because, well, cars cost money to fix, and minimising lengthy investigations into red light runnings resulting in players cars being wrecked from a staff perspective is easier on us.

The wording of the rule “if they can provide a reasonable justification” means basically what the rules suggesting. If your justification is “I stopped and looked both ways before doing so” and they are able to prove that they did so safely, that’s a reasonable justification.

Reaction score
that is a really dumb statement...

there are many rules that allow you to break laws
So? What is the benefit of this? I literally see none except even more people doing stupid crashes as you very well know no one will look. A sentence later in the rule it states there needs to be a reason this voids that part leading into alot more problems then pros

Jossyl

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I think it is dumb to get a ban or kick for running a red light to start with. I mean in real life people don't run a red light. yeah right, I gues you live in a fairy tail then. you should only be punished by the PLPD in game and not with an out game ( staff ) punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.