3.22 highway driving in emergencies, chases, and a notice upon joining the server.

Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:
3.22 Highway Driving
- Players should at all times drive on the correct side of the highway and should not perform unrealistic
maneuvers while driving along the highway, for example performing a U-turn or driving down the wrong off ramp.
In addition traffic laws must be obeyed while at the intersection, this includes stopping at red lights.
However if a player can provide reasonable proof that their life is in danger or they are being chased by the police they may disregard this rule.

Your version of the rule:
3.22 Highway Driving
- Players should at all times drive on the correct side of the highway and should not perform unrealistic
maneuvers while driving along the highway, for example performing a U-turn or driving down the wrong off ramp.

In addition traffic laws must be obeyed while at the intersection.
All players and even government employees driving with lights and siren on must perform a complete stop before passing the intersection,
and ensure they don't get hit by a speeding car, unless the light is green.
(Otherwise they would also put their lives at a risk greater than the gain from having a bigger chance to get away.)
When a player is being directly chased by police or is directly chasing another player (applies to police officers), they must slow down reasonably.
If a player can provide reasonable proof that their life was in immediate danger when passing through, they may disregard this rule (for example when being shot at).

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:

First of all, REAL LIFE. I believe that in all countries all government employees with lights and siren on have to slow down reasonably before passing any junction. And I'm not just talking about a junction. IT'S A HIGHWAY and all emergency services should have to stop before driving through it. I have witnessed many times a cop in a hurry being hit by a car at the intersection and driving away.
Also I don't think anyone would speed through a highway on a red light - it breaks 3.4 Putting your Life at Risk.
Remember that it's not an usual junction every perpetrator can speed through. It's a fictional highway, but still a highway.

ADDITION:
All current players and also every new player upon joining the server the second after accepting all the rules should have a notice displayed showing this rule (with a header saying it's an important rule). The bold text should only be in the notice.
Different people still break it multiple times a day. Some still don't know about it because it's reasonably new (similar to the law 9.5 saying that you must drive on the rightmost lane).
Here's how it would work: you get a window displayed with Accept and Deny. To accept you have to wait 10 seconds. Similarly as with the rules. It IS that important! Or do you prefer a moderator standing all day at the overpass looking for people passing a red light without a valid reason? Even if I witness someone doing it, I only know how the car looked like. What's the point in reporting if many people don't pay attention to it if they break other traffic laws? By the way the part about U-turns is important as well. And it's not hard to implement.

EDIT: I know that 4.2 says government employees can break traffic laws, but have you seen one speed through a highway like this one on a red light? It still breaks 3.4 and if you're meticulous, it's not even realistic. Besides that, 4.2 says "(...)may violate traffic laws if responding to an emergency services (...) and if doing so can be done without putting themselves or others at unreasonable risk."

Last edited:

M

Reaction score
4.2 Disregard Traffic Laws- Government employees may violate traffic laws if responding to an emergency services call that is vitally time sensitive, and if doing so can be done without putting themselves or others at unreasonable risk.