A Perp 5M Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
While in the metagame discord bunker a few people mentioned the idea of having a 'Perpheads' FiveM RP server. We felt if this was to happen then it would be a 'One of a KIND' type of server based on the fact the community has been around for so long, the experience is there from both the current staff team, owners, and devs. We also don't think the whole community should be transferred to 5m but simply to just open a 5m version of Perp but obviously not exactly like the perp we have now. There is a lot you can do with the GTA mechanics and 5m in general and there can be so much room for progress and everything else. We also felt having a 5m server could entice and bring people from 5m over to the Garry's Mod server, but the questions and support come from the current community, this isn't a suggestion but more so intended to be a place where this idea could be expanded and talked on.
This whole Idea and talk came from our own group of people in discord so I thought why not ask everyone else what they think of it and if they have any sort of ideas.

Reaction score
It wouldn't be the same and isn't FiveM third person? PERP has its charm as is.

Reaction score
problem with third is that you can just peek corners while being fully covered

Reaction score
I'd want it to be capped at first person tbh. RPing in 3rd person just feels odd.

Reaction score
Just make on foot first-person and third-person+first-person in cars, I don't know if possible but drive-by only possible if you're in first person to make it harder and not just a crosshair you're aiming with.

Reaction score
I do believe you can have a roleplay server with the same community as those on Perp, however, I highly doubt the quality will be anywhere near as good as what's been delivered on GMOD, this is partially due to the mechanics that's already been established on the GMOD server, the main mechanic being seamless interiors with the open-world, giving newer players a sense of security and safety should they be new to the server, most GTA servers (especially the larger ones) force you to do illegal money-making methods in open public areas to which most players normally get robbed as soon as they're finished as larger groups tend to 'camp' outside these zones to steal the loot from the tedious processing methods most servers have.

Government jobs would also require a bit of reworking to fit around the GTA playstyle, being a police officer on FiveM can be a nightmare but it's manageable once you have knowledge of the map, and keep communication crystal clear (not sure if this is still the case with the PLPD), but the sheer size of the map can make this difficult, the same would apply for medics as well, and if you've played any medium to large FiveM server, you'll know just how demanding being a medic is, which I can imagine will be stressful considering how short-handed it is on the server already. I've done some work on blip mods to make this easier for government jobs, however, it doesn't remove how demanding the jobs will become.

What makes GMOD unique is the customization players are provided with tools such as the physics gun, temporary stores, and residencies that can be bought in-game, and other options that let you manipulate the environment, all of this is virtually removed on all FiveM servers and is extremely difficult to implement. Now if you're more of a shooter the benefits are most certainly there for you, you're given more opportunity to do activities such as mugging, house robberies (which I've made a new mod for), kidnapping and bank robberies, newer players also don't need to rely on skill trees for accuracy or damage either making combat a tad fairer. Combat on GTA in general is a lot more varied, of course, and this can benefit both newer players and old.

TL;DR: The benefits sway heavily towards combat, rather than roleplay, calling it Perp would only be relevant because the player base would mostly come from people who have played on this server. It's an interesting concept and I do feel like it's worth a try however, if anyone's willing to invest into it.

Reaction score
While in the metagame discord bunker a few people mentioned the idea of having a 'Perpheads' FiveM RP server. We felt if this was to happen then it would be a 'One of a KIND' type of server based on the fact the community has been around for so long, the experience is there from both the current staff team, owners, and devs. We also don't think the whole community should be transferred to 5m but simply to just open a 5m version of Perp but obviously not exactly like the perp we have now. There is a lot you can do with the GTA mechanics and 5m in general and there can be so much room for progress and everything else. We also felt having a 5m server could entice and bring people from 5m over to the Garry's Mod server, but the questions and support come from the current community, this isn't a suggestion but more so intended to be a place where this idea could be expanded and talked on.
This whole Idea and talk came from our own group of people in discord so I thought why not ask everyone else what they think of it and if they have any sort of ideas.
@Aquaa RevengeRP??? get it back up

Reaction score
They dont really have to know the map, on servers people can add a button to share your location.

Reaction score
The benefits don't lean just toward combat. Sure the combat aspect is there, but the RP potential that it has compared to the current GMOD one is way bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.