add a dedicated roadcrew patrolling vehicle

Reaction score
Description of the idea: The added rule that allows the use of patrolling in a roadcrew truck is unrealistic and is guaranteed to cause problems. I suggest that we add a smaller van or car that can patrol and perform smaller roadside repairs, and leave the larger RC truck stationed at base. Additionally the smaller truck can be used to purchase items already available from the roadcrew NPC by pressing T on the smaller van or car.

Why should this be added? (pros):
All other jobs have a dedicated patrol vehicle alongside the larger one
Less likely to cause problems
Repairs on vehicles are likely to be performed faster
Additional opportunities for roleplay (callout a partner to retrieve the larger truck)

What negatives could this have? (cons)
The smaller truck could be abused
Vehicle recovery may take longer

*Other additions:
like I mentioned, the smaller van can have a RC shop interface where you can buy lye or whatever he/she sells

pt cruiser as a patrol vehicle!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree but Let’s not have a fucking PT cruiser as a patrol vehicle, it’s literally the ugliest car in the world lol.

I propose they have a ford transit because they are easy to skin and are used by vehicle repair companies IRL due to it being possible to build a workshop inside of.

Reaction score
Make it a GMC Sierra or GMC Syclone. Add a small yellow light on the driver side rooftop, you could just re-use the model light you use for the interrogation rooms that show if they're on use or not. Vehicle should have the same colour as the tow truck.

Would make a nice patrol vehicle.

Reaction score
The new rule stops them from patrolling, but It'd be nice for them to have a patrol vehicle that could be used to buy things out of at a costier price and could repair cars. To tow vehicles, They'd require the big RC Truck!

Reaction score
I thought they added it back, but It appears that they removed that bit of the rule. @Collier should have put [REMOVED] next to the rule. :mad:

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson
The rule changes outlined in this post made by @LEWIS 088 have gone live. For convenience, they will also be included in this post. Additions will be marked green, removals will be marked red, edits will be marked orange.

* 4.4 Roadcrew Workers.

Road Crew Workers must at all times remain within the impound lot, unless responding to a call out via the /roadcrew function.

Not sure what more you could ask for.

Reaction score
Imo, using the GMC vandura with the spoilerless model, and a paint job that matches the tow truck would suffice perfectly as a roadcrew patrol vehicle.