Server Suggestion [Suggestion] Roadcrew expansion.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Roadcrew expansion.
Suggestion Description: Vehicles that are blown up turn into wrecked models, which RC can hook up to and tow to the RC station and crush for a reward for cleaning the streets of derelict vehicles.

Wrecked cars that are created whilst no RC is in service will despawn after 10 minutes. Otherwise, they remain for up to 30 minutes to give RC time to respond and tow away.

Rewards per wreck would range based on the original vehicle's impound fee. (If too complicated, default $500)

For this change to make sense;
- Vehicles burnt to destruction will instead cause a smaller explosion and change the vehicle's model to one of the proposed models.
- Vehicles car-bombed will have a full explosion and instead of disappearing, turn into one of the wrecked models proposed below.
- All vehicles (except for; TFU Van, Fire Truck, Ambulance, Limo, Roadcrew Truck, Courier Truck and Porsche Tricycle) will use this system. The listed vehicles that don't, will simply remain as they are, and will spawn car parts.
- Vehicles that are blown up or burnt, will be re-spawnable at the car dealer or car garage immediately after the vehicle has been blown up, or burnt into this state. The wrecked model will not despawn when doing so.
- Police Officers can "impound" the wrecked vehicle with their ticket book if no RC is on-duty. No reward is given for this, and the vehicle is simply removed.

a8zmvC7.png
models/props_vehicles/van001a_physics.mdl
jL7OGwy.png
models/props_vehicles/car005a_physics.mdl
TQ5h0H2.png
models/props_vehicles/car003a_physics.mdl
JgxV0yv.png
models/props_vehicles/car004a_physics.mdl
z4sHcpy.png
models/props_vehicles/car005b_physics.mdl
ola4WzY.png
models/props_vehicles/car004b_physics.mdl
LurjNKP.png
models/props_vehicles/car003b_physics.mdl

A6F3Bsv.png
models/props_vehicles/car002a_physics.mdl
ExWbB2y.png
models/props_vehicles/car002b_physics.mdl
mP8Asx4.png
models/props_vehicles/car001a_hatchback.mdl
J6XCIuR.png
models/props_vehicles/car001b_hatchback.mdl

Why should this be added?:
- Additional avenue of income as a result of cars being car-bombed, burnt or otherwise blown up.
- Gives RC more tasks in the event of a vehicle getting car bombed, or burnt to a crisp.
- New dynamic to burnt-out vehicles. Could affect shoot-outs.

What negatives could this have?:
- Proposed vehicle models do not vaguely fit all vehicles that are on the server. Pickup trucks do not have an equivalent in hl2's ruined vehicle models, nor do super cars.
- Fitting the wrecked vehicle models with vehicles not on the exclusion list is going to be a stretch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This would sacrifice an ownable and usable property for something that would be used like twice a week on normal circumstances.The current system with car parts is fine imo, plus there won’t be awkward model shifts when cars explode.

Reaction score
This would sacrifice an ownable and usable property for something that would be used like twice a week on normal circumstances.The current system with car parts is fine imo, plus there won’t be awkward model shifts when cars explode.
I've updated the thread, specifically in regards to the ownable property part.

The vehicle being deleted on explosion isn't really all that realistic. I'd rather have an awkward model shift than nothing at all. Every game has something that's jank, but ultimately adds to the experience. (In most cases)
I feel that giving RC additional ways to work is more of a positive than a negative.

Reaction score
*Clears throat* People dont play because theres no reason to play. give them a reason and they'll play more. Just like how people said a fire update is useless because nobody plays fire and then they finally updated and theres atleast 1-2 ff all the time not counting myself.

Reaction score
I think it's a good concept. but would that also mean you couldn't retrieve your car when it is in it's wrecked state?

Reaction score
Wrecked cars that are created whilst no RC is in service will despawn after 10 minutes.

Love the idea, but if there's no RC on I believe cops should be able to remove the car using the ticket book, even if I absolutely love the traffic management rp, if its a busy day, wrecked cars would just block the highway without cops to actually set up cones and stuff

Reaction score
Love the idea, but if there's no RC on I believe cops should be able to remove the car using the ticket book, even if I absolutely love the traffic management rp, if its a busy day, wrecked cars would just block the highway without cops to actually set up cones and stuff
Added it to the suggestion. It's a fair concern.

I think it's a good concept. but would that also mean you couldn't retrieve your car when it is in it's wrecked state?
Read the original post. This concern is addressed there.
TL;DR, you can retrieve your car once it goes into a wrecked state and becomes one of the listed models.
Edit: that means you can go to car garage or car dealer to pick it up again. the wreck won't despawn though.