ADD Character Name to SCAM Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Add character name to scam menu. This would show the users IN-game name next to the Forum Name.

Why should this be added? (pros): At the moment, All it shows is OOC name and Forum Name. If for whatever reason, A helper needs to blacklist a user from a job or needs to open a report with a player to inform them of something or to help them without clogging up OOC, It's difficult to find what user we are looking for, after all, we are unable to view a User's OOC name with a god stick.

What negatives could this have? (cons): None, Not entirely sure how SCAM Menu works exactly, in terms of coding, but It shouldn't be too hard to code.

*Other additions: Alternatively, if This is difficult to add, allow Helpers to have a god stick without any Permissions on it, Maybe "A staff member thinks you're doing something stupid" and view character details etc, Permissions which can't exactly be abused, to make it a lot easier.

Sam

Reaction score
You know, this is already a feature. You just lack the proper permissions, as helpers were created to help players and not hand out punishments. Times may have changed tho.

Reaction score
gCCPnpF.png

Reaction score
In which case, if this is a feature, I'm not sure as to why Helpers can't see RP names. Unless it is combined with a certain permission helpers shouldn't have.

Sam

Reaction score
You lack the permissions too. Helpers were supposed to be a helping role, not a rule enforcement role. So such permissions were not added or thought of.

Reaction score
@Samuel Although that is true, if, at times, a player decides to minge about on a job, I.e RC or medic and staff aren't on, then it's helpful so we can easily find out their name on scam.

Reaction score
closed

Make a suggestion on slack, thats where we discuss these things. You should have been added by now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As true as what you're saying is, helpers some times in emergencies have to use the blacklist feature given to them. I've intervened and handed out job blacklists due to massrdm and attempted massrdm when staff weren't online. It'd be good to be able to verify their OOC name with the RP name so we don't accidentally give a blacklist to someone who had nothing to do with the situation at all. It's honestly just guesswork if you don't know the guy.

I agree though, I focus mainly on being a supportive staff member rather than looking for trouble intentionally as you said. Just some times we have to "help" keep the peace when these things happen.

Please see attached video 1 and attached video 2. They have the same premise, but different conclusions because of how I acted. In the second one I did not intervene versus the first. In both cases there were no staff members on the server with the exception of the first video where @Blackdown helped. I handed the situation to him with this video and left it at that. In the second instance I had to issue a blacklist to prevent them from going back on duty and causing more damage and a lack of staff. In the second instance I had to rely on outside information in order to actually get the right person, I had no idea who they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.