Admin / Mod "Follower"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: A system where in a single player can follow a admin and or mod on duty.

Short explanation (in notes):
- A way for players to follow admins or mods when they are on duty.
-
-

Detailed description (why should it become added):
I believe this should be implemented because, it will give people with a dream of becoming enforcer (or above) a way to see what it is like to be some one tasked with enforcing the rules.

Optional additions:
- A sub forum where people can apply to become a follower and admins can accept or denie
-
-

Side note:

- The player following the admin or mod must be on TeamSpeak 3 with the given admin or mod.
- The follower is not there to help the admin or mod, they are there to learn what its like to be an admin or mod.
- A admin or mod with a follower must track the amount of time the follower has spent following

(Please don`t start commenting about my grammer that is not what this is about)

Reaction score
When I was staff member, I used to do this.
Just ask nicely and i'm sure that someone will happily take you under their wing so you can observe, there's no need for a formal system.

Reaction score
What? Honestly, do not take this offensively but this is like the dumbest suggestion I have ever seen. What is the point of making this and implementing it? Like bruh why not just ask the admin? Why not just continue your RP or do something ingame while IC? This isn't Admin Tours 2K15. If you really want to see someone be an admin, ask them to make a Youtube channel and record some footage.

Reaction score
Listen mate, whenever you post a suggestion. Get ready for criticism, alright. Stop being 4 year old saying your "Great Idea" was amazing and can't take others opinions on it. There seems no logical point for it Ross. It's my opinion, and I shouldn't be scared to post what I think about something. In the internet we have something called freedom of speech. @Gabriel Ross

- Yes I'm on my phone.

Reaction score
I asked some of the staff about this and it is not allowed even if the person has applied for enforcer.

I'm sorry but if you want this you need to speak with Bolli the Head Admin i want to do the same thing to learn a thing or two. I guess the real reason for this is that they think that this will get in the way of their work.

Neutral It is Bolli's choice

Reaction score
As an every day member of our community you can see what being an enforcer would be like by knowing that you would have the ability and responsibility to help keep RP situations going smoothly. And basically if two people are screaming at each other you would need to do some conflict mitigation.

But not having the position and wanting to watch their responses is rather pointless as it is only for those involved. And we don't have any spectator type mode for nonadmins and that would be bad to add as admins are not always busy with reports or whatever. So you could easily meta game with it.

However we can judge your ability to be enforcer by the way you handle situations, interact with others, likelihood to break rules, and how much you try helping those around you or in OOC/help chat. So if you seem like a candidate we like based on what we have seen you doing and you make an application you probably will be accepted.

Once you are enforcer you are instructed how to use all the tools we have for doing your duty. We also will help guide you in proper etiquette of dealing with what you do as enforcer. Eventually you may wish to become moderator, at that point we have assessed how well you do as enforcer and will promote if we see fit and you make a good application for it.

Before becoming moderator though, as enforcer you may be taken to some reports by a mod+. You would be briefed on what the report was and what more info that may be of use to that point. (This is more or less kinda what you wanted) You would then be tasked with trying to resolve the report as best as you can. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have during it. We'll also give you some suggestions along the way of how we see it.

Basically if we think you are enforcer material we would consider your application and may take you to reports as you wanted in this thread. So this idea isn't really needed as if you became enforcer and found it to be too much for you, we will restore you to an average player if you request it. So basically there's no harm/shame in applying but finding out it is too difficult or whatever. As for this idea I wouldn't even know where to begin; as there are too many flaws and would lead to some easy abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.