Alan Erwin's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Alan Erwin

ROLEPLAY NAME: Alan Erwin

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:106963981

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:

Hi! For those who don't know me, my name is Jack, however many may know me as Alan. I have been a part of Perp since 2016, with most of my time on the server being during 2019-2023. I have recently increased my activity and have decided that I would like to take more responsibility on the server. With the community developing and growing faster than ever, I thought that it would now be my best chance to make as big of an impact as possible.

I have always been somewhat interested in applying for enforcer, and with the influx of new players, I feel now is the best time to do so. I have always enjoyed guiding and mentoring new players, even introducing them to the server myself. Although I really do enjoy doing this, there is always part of me that wants to do more. Be it punishing people who have broken the rules, or helping someone buy an unused bazaar shop (I know that pain all too well) I simply just want to do as much as I can for the community. I often see people in OOC and help chat asking for people to respond to their reports, which makes me want to help even more and relieve the stress on the staff team as much as possible. Overall I believe my experience in and out of the server has helped to give me the motivation, skills and qualities to fulfil this role well, alongside all of my other life experiences.

The drive to become enforcer sped up very rapidly recently, partly due to the new community, and partly due to not knowing what I should do on the server anymore. I have previously progressed to SGT in the PLPD, I have been part of numerous organisations, I have ran many bazaar shops and so much more. Enforcer is a new perspective to look at perp from and I find that to be extremely exciting. I have also recently loved my time on the server, joining a new organisation, strengthening old friendships, even making new ones and continuing my PLPD career. This has made me fall back in love with the server and have a desire to open up a new lane of opportunity.

I have good knowledge of the rules, as evident by my relatively clean record, and excellent knowledge of the Paralake penal code. However, I am always open to improvement and feedback. I often find that I learn particularly well when I get to learn from those around me. I believe that I can be mature and remain unbiased, allowing for me to deal with situations with professionalism and accountability. Overall, I believe I have what it takes to become part of the staff team and will be a valuable asset.

TL;DR

I want to join staff, I think I'd do alright.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, any feedback is welcomed! :)

Reaction score
Having known Jack for many years now, I can openly say without a single doubt that he would serve as a fantastic addition to the staff team. Throughout all of my experiences with him, he's demonstrated to me that he's incredibly mature with great judgement with a strong ability to be objective and fair in any situation he's faced with. His forum activity may not entirely reflect his presence in the community these years, but I see no reason why that would inhibit his ability to work well as a staff member and it can always be improved. I assure you that if you have the pleasure of crossing paths with him in-game then you will see why I support him so strongly.

I think, given the opportunity, Jack could make a really positive impact in this role. He may be a little shit, but I'd say he's worth a shot!

Reaction score
take this with a pinch of salt because i'm simply just not sure of the exact details myself because my memory is hazy

i've always known you to be a friendly person but there was one encounter of note where i received a bizarre bout of unprompted (to my knowledge, again i could be completely wrong my memory isn't the best) passive aggression laced with a holier-than-thou attitude after being on what i believed to be pleasant terms previously - again this could've very well been prompted and more than deserved because i've been known to be an annoying twat, but my spotty memory tells me it wasn't - however that's not exactly something to rely on

as long as any attitudes like this aren't on display i wouldn't have any issues with you as an enforcer because you've been nothing other than a good bloke otherwise and i don't doubt your knowledge and ability to enforce the rules

good luck mate

Reaction score
Me and Jack used to know eachother very well back in 2020, and i remember specifically him stopping me from doing stuff because it broke rules many times. So this fucker acted like an enforcer even 3 years ago, and always knew the rules. I give this a big fat +support

Reaction score
  • Staff
take this with a pinch of salt because i'm simply just not sure of the exact details myself because my memory is hazy

i've always known you to be a friendly person but there was one encounter of note where i received a bizarre bout of unprompted (to my knowledge, again i could be completely wrong my memory isn't the best) passive aggression laced with a holier-than-thou attitude after being on what i believed to be pleasant terms previously - again this could've very well been prompted and more than deserved because i've been known to be an annoying twat, but my spotty memory tells me it wasn't - however that's not exactly something to rely on

as long as any attitudes like this aren't on display i wouldn't have any issues with you as an enforcer because you've been nothing other than a good bloke otherwise and i don't doubt your knowledge and ability to enforce the rules

good luck mate
Honestly can't say I remember this, although I don't doubt it happened. I can't provide anything in the way of reasoning or excuses behind my actions, nor do I think that'd be the appropriate response really. All I can do is apologise, albeit very late haha.

That being said, I appreciate the constructive and fair criticism and feedback. :)

Reaction score
Absolutely+support to alan. Since I've first met him hes been a pleasure to chill with

Status
Not open for further replies.