Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Puffy Sandvich

IN-GAME NAME: Aidan Dunham

STEAM ID: STEAM_1:1:51937904

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thepuffyguy

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:

I’ve been around on the server since 2014 and to be fully honest have always wanted to be in a staff position. I used to be a rather angry child, and my first ban shows that. I believe I have moved on from that as I haven’t had any outbursts like I used to in the past year. I believe that I demonstrate a deep enough passion to improve the server to make myself an ideal candidate for enforcer. When I feel strongly about something, I push and push to get it done. If I feel something was done wrong, or I made a mistake, I try to fix it. If not, I accept the consequences. I have been back for a while now and I have not even received a warning in almost a year. That was also for jumping off the city hall which is an incredibly minor offense and did not hurt anyone. My only warning before that was over two years before in 2015. I believe that my lack of penal action indicates my knowledge of the rules, and I believe I have enough knowledge to enforce them.

I also see a lot of the times where there are people in OOC begging staff to handle their reports due to the overflow of them. This is I imagine incredibly frustrating for both sides, as the players feel as if the unjust action is allowed, and the staff are being pestered. I would greatly love to assist the staff in handling these situations. I believe I am level-headed enough to properly handle an admin situation, and consider myself intuitive enough to judge someone pretending to care versus actually caring. At the end of the day, I just want to make the server a better place. I try to help people out whenever I can. If a sweater asks how to get somewhere, or even for a little bit of cash, I try to help them out with that. I also try to be active in the /help chat whenever I have knowledge of the answer. (I am rather inactive when it comes to gun talk as I spend most of my time in the PLPD)

I have also been in the PLPD for quite some time now, and despite the fact that it is different from administration, it shares some key similarities. You have to deal with people who are doing things wrong (Either by knowledge or unwittingly) and chastise them for doing so. You also have to determine what would be a suitable punishment for said offenses. People will often times also start being disruptive (resistance, micspam, questioning excessively, etc) and you have to be able to tolerate that kind of behaviour without breaking. I believe I can do that.

I have receieved such observation reports as

“The officer holds a great deal of professionalism. The officer can investigate and work on his own without any help. He showed that he can deal with heated situations and can easily follow orders.”

I believe that this is indicative of my abilities as not only a player but a person as well. It shows that my deductive skills are present, and I am able to function without needing “approval” or oversight. It also shows that my conduct is not rude or disrespectful. I try my best to sound neutral in situations like this, and when someone apologizes I usually believe them (Unless it is a repeat offense in recent history) I believe that I would be able to effectively utilize the tools available to the enforcers and moderation team thereafter to be able to deduce the events that occurred at a potential rule break. I also have no problem putting aside my current role-play situation (As long as I am at a point where it would be acceptable to do so) in order to assist other players.

In addition to all of this, one of the ways I would love to help out newer players is, instead of just giving a short text-based answer to their questions in help chat, would be to go to them in person and explain it out in detail. I imagine this would greatly help newer players as I had someone who tried to do that for me when I joined the server at first. It allows you to better learn the map and even potentially connect yourself with a network of people who can help you out.

However, another thing I believe is worth noting is the ability to know when there is not enough evidence. Unlike some things, you cannot just go with “good enough” in the case of admin situations. If it is word against word, you cannot just make a decision against one player (unless their story is obviously bogus) because you think it sounds “realistic enough”. If the situation has no admission, or indication of rule break aside from a witness account, you do have to ask the reporting player to make an Action request, or submit a video to you. (Sometimes they can shadowplay it) I can do that, and sometimes you have to do that as an officer. I believe that I more than capably demonstrate the ability to tolerate a lack of outcome in a situation that does not warrant it. It’s better to leave a rule-breaker unbanned for a short time than to ban a rule-abiding player.

At the end of the day, I have always just wanted to help people out. I hate it when people are treated unfairly or unjustly, and I just want to have the proper tools to be another person who is able to make a proper difference.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: Indeed

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:

On my last application, a common complaint was that players in the community did not know me. I believe I have since made myself more noticeable among them and have gotten a better image. I understand some people will still not know me, but they probably have run into me quite a few times now.

I am not going to run down the list of my warnings and bans as some of them are pretty stupid. I will however post a link to both my warnings and bans, as I believe that all members of the community should be able to see the full picture of me before they support or reject my application.

Warnings: https://bans.perpheads.com/warnings?search=Puffy+Sandvich

Bans: https://bans.perpheads.com/?search=Puffy

Thank you for taking your time to read this. (If you did)

REQUIREMENTS:

In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:

1. Your time played on the server must be at least one week. It is over a month.
  2. No recent bans and warnings on record for at least a period of a month, this includes both the forums and the server. Last two warnings were in August 2017 and August 2015 respectively.
  3. You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them. I believe I do.
  4. You must have access to and use a microphone. I do.
  5. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server. I do.

Reaction score
Disclaimer, if you disagree with me please comment why. Drives me crazy when people don't explain their reasons for support or denial :p

Reaction score
I'm staying neutral, I barely see you in-game doing stuff, the only times I've seen you is when I'm on duty and I've never really seen you help out anyone except in help chat, which you respond in when you're on the server.

I think that you could definetely hold the role as enforcer but as I said, I barely see you on the server

Reaction score
I'm staying neutral, I barely see you in-game doing stuff, the only times I've seen you is when I'm on duty and I've never really seen you help out anyone except in help chat, which you respond in when you're on the server.

I think that you could definetely hold the role as enforcer but as I said, I barely see you on the server

Eh, fair enough dude. I'm on at weird times though, early mornings and late nights on weekdays and randomly through the day on weekends for decent chunks of time. I haven't ever really interacted with you in game but I see you around the city all the time. Regardless, thanks!

Reaction score
One of the reasons why I said no to you last time is simply because you're way to inactive, it's important for me to have someone who applies enforcer to have them go on atleast every other day, it's also important for me to have someone who interacts with the community when they're in-game aswell. Anywho, goodluck with your application.

Reaction score
Funny how you rated my post "informative" after I gave the same rating to yours xD I am not the one applying to enforcer, you asked for us to explain why we disagreed and now you're acting salty lmao, n1 dude

I'm joking man, I can be a little snarky sometimes. No hard feelings. I'm just saying with you it sounds like were not on at the same time because I think I might have seen you once but even then I'm not sure :p I didn't mean to sound salty.

Reaction score
One of the reasons why I said no to you last time is simply because you're way to inactive, it's important for me to have someone who applies enforcer to have them go on atleast every other day, it's also important for me to have someone who interacts with the community when they're in-game aswell. Anywho, goodluck with your application.

With school winding down now I able to increase my activity. I have been somewhat busy lately as my life had gotten a bit crazy with my father taking a second job but it's stable again finally.

Reaction score
Change your name as it wouldn’t suit a coloured name and change your name ingame as it looks immature

That is singlehandedly the weirdest piece of advice I have ever seen. How is my name immature lol? (In character that is)

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is singlehandedly the weirdest piece of advice I have ever seen. How is my name immature lol? (In character that is)

Maybe this is another reason why people don't want you as enforcer?
Doesn't matter how shit is comment was, your answer was just as bad

Reaction score
You’re not that active, whenever I see you active you don’t help in ooc or help chat and you also sometimes get mad in the ooc chat when you die. Overall In my opinion I don’t think your ready to be staff member.

Deleted member 6228

In my opinion you have the temperament, but even when I used to see you before my ban you would play at odd times and sporadically. Increase your play time and you're a good candidate in my opinion

Reaction score
u seem very emotionally unstable -support

My emotional problems have nothing to do with you, or my ability to moderate/enforce on the server. While yes I do suffer from clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder I am also medicated for both. I'd suggest you stop concerning yourself with my medical condition thank you very much.

Maybe this is another reason why people don't want you as enforcer?
Doesn't matter how shit is comment was, your answer was just as bad

That's just an odd thing to say and I was quite curious as to why he was saying that. It was in fact the weirdest piece of feedback i've ever been given. And I did find it funny. Thus my response.

In my opinion you have the temperament, but even when I used to see you before my ban you would play at odd times and sporadically. Increase your play time and you're a good candidate in my opinion

Thank you Inchs, I appreciate it :) I'm working on being more active all the time :p

you seem to get aggressive when things dont go your way

-support

I got aggressive in my debate about rule 2.8 because I have seen how badly it can damage someone to be forced into a situation like that. I do not want people on this server abusing others by threat of banishing them from a server they have put months or days of time into, to make them pretend to have sex. Despite the fact that most players see it as a joke, some do not. This is incredibly humiliating not just for the character, but the player. Personally, I disagree with RapeRP in general but if others want to do that whatever. However what is not okay is forcing a PLAYER to engage in it. That is why I got so aggressive. It is an issue which is incredibly close to me and present in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.