Antimalware Service Executable

Reaction score
So recently, the process Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) has taken up huge amounts of CPU usage to the extent where my PC severely slows down and my games start lagging. Currently, it is alone using 30% of my CPU while my PC is idling. Does anyone know what is causing it and how to fix it? I've tried the things I've found on google, none of them helped.

Deleted member 6228

try running task manager as an admin then doing it

Reaction score
dont turn it off you will get a VIRUS!!!!!!!

computer-virus_1024px-750x375.jpg

Reaction score
Disable the service completely so after restart if you are here the button should be unavailable completely

1e0f9adf0d.png

after that it should be fixed, just use malwarebytes program once every other month to scan pc just incase, other than that just use adblock and your brain to avoid any malicious downloads.

windows still does some aids shit in the background aside from this anyway, and sometimes just eats up my disc read/write speed when I check task manager.

Reaction score
Disable the service completely so after restart if you are here the button should be unavailable completely

1e0f9adf0d.png

after that it should be fixed, just use malwarebytes program once every other month to scan pc just incase, other than that just use adblock and your brain to avoid any malicious downloads.

windows still does some aids shit in the background aside from this anyway, and sometimes just eats up my disc read/write speed when I check task manager.

Despite disabling it in Services (And windows defender not running, according to the Services tab) it continues to run and swallow 30-40% of my CPU.

Reaction score
Right, I finally figured out how to disable it, turns out I'm just an idiot that misunderstood. Thank you people.

Reaction score
Right, I finally figured out how to disable it, turns out I'm just an idiot that misunderstood. Thank you people.

Could you elaborate on how you disabled it?

Interested in trying this myself to see if it improves performance.