anyone able to help me with a dead language?

Reaction score
Okay, so I am doing Latin. and I have stumbled onto a question that remained unawnsered so maybe if I am lucky, someone can help me here...

here it comes, I have a form which is called the "coniunctivus praesens in the main sentence" (i think subjunctive in the main sentence in English)
wich basicly enables you to add some words to your sentence in latin, varying on wether it is a wish, an order, an option or an insecurity to change the meaning of that sentence slightly.

this form for the ones that know briefly what I am talking about but are not sure:
audi -re (inf. form praesens) = to hear/ to listen
audi-a-t (third pers. singular coniunctivus preasens) = may he listen / let him listen / he could be able to listen / is he going to listen?

now my question is relatively pretty simple; how do I decide which form/translation I should use? is it just context wise or?

I am going into a holiday so it isn't really for a test, it's more for me getting clarification on something...

Reaction score
Thought you were talking about Welsh when I read the title.

BASICALLY
Latin's probably the hardest language to learn
Just don't.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score

BASICALLY
Just don't.

Beat me to it lol. Welsh will never die! Considering first language schools force you to speak it otherwise you get detention and how the teachers are psycho....

You're 15 and learning Latin? What school do you go to? Eden.

:wales: :beef: :moron:

Reaction score
Like asking teachers is sooo 2015.
I have, he is not responding due to the fact that it is almost holidays...

BASICALLY
Just don't.
it's actually very easy due to the fact that a lot of languages are built on it.

You're 15 and learning Latin? What school do you go to? Eden.
grammar school, gymnasium in dutch