Auto-Equip guns when pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In real life you'd be able to use a gun you picked up from the floor. Having to pull the gun out right after you picked it up doesn't make sence. It also means that weapons can now be dropped more easily, as they get equipped when picked up. Also if someone minges your gun - you can get easily get it back by killing the person quick enoght - he'll drop it cause it's equipped.

Reaction score
I think the perpheads coders are working on something simular to that, together with weapon lockers. Not sure though ^^

Bow

Reaction score
-+ you know why ?

because you can just pick up a gun on the floor in real life and put it in your pocket .

what about if the cops just shot and killed a guy with a gun in the bank won't you just pick it up and hide it or do you prefer to put it on and get shot like the other dude .

Maybe if the coders could add this in options and let you choose what to do .

Reaction score
The Bowpro said:
-+ you know why ?

because you can just pick up a gun on the floor in real life and put it in your pocket .

what about if the cops just shot and killed a guy with a gun in the bank won't you just pick it up and hide it or do you prefer to put it on and get shot like the other dude .

How on earth would you hide an ak 47?
Also why would you pickup a gun IRL that has been used to shoot cops with.
Don't you think the cops would search the hostages for the gun as well?

Bow

Reaction score
The Bowpro said:
-+ you know why ?

Who said that all of the guns are all Aks-47 , and if you were next to the body you can just pick it up like boss and run away .

Reaction score
The Bowpro;n5388 said:
-+ you know why ?

That's the thing - when you have a weapon equipped it takes time to put it away. It does so in real life, and it does so here. That's what's good about this system, you can't just run into armory of somesort and take 50 ak's within' 0.3 seconds.

Reaction score
Also if you are trying to pick up a shotgun, while holding an AK - then you have a problem: both are primary slot.

Solution to this is either
  • Unequip AK first
  • Drop AK
I mean think about this: In real life you have an AK and you're trying to pick up a shotgun, you wouldn't be able to hold them both in a way you could use either of them. You have to either pull the first gun away, then use the other one. Or drop the first gun, so you have free hands to pick up the shotgun!
If someone else takes your AK, you have plenty of time to kill them before they unequip it.

Reaction score
Also in real life it doesn't take any time to drop something you have equipped, it does for something you have UNEQUIPPED.

EDIT: You have to have something out in order to drop it. ​
Compare how the system stands now:
  • Have gun in hand? Gonna take 3 seconds to drop it!
  • Have gun in pocket? Insta-drop!
  • Picking up a gun? Insta-pocket!
To what I'm proposing here:
  • Have gun in hand? Feel free to drop it!
  • Have gun in pocket? Get it in hand before you can drop it!
  • Picking up a gun? You now have it in hand!
I hope I made my idea clear.

Reaction score
This idea is almost too obvious to not have been implemented yet.

Would prevent mingegrabbing and add to realism and gameplay.

Bow

Reaction score
Wait wait hold on a sec I'm not against your idea or anything but just to pick up a heavy gun you need "Unequip" your primary gun first and then drop it next . boy you can just hold a shotgun with your hand and pick up the other thing with the other hand .

Man I had cousin once who could fire with an m9 smoking weed and having a dump in the same time.

But the dropping time is "ALOT" they should fix it

Reaction score
The Bowpro said:
Wait wait hold on a sec I'm not against your idea or anything but just to pick up a heavy gun you need "Unequip" your primary gun first and then drop it next . boy you can just hold a shotgun with your hand and pick up the other thing with the other hand .

Man I had cousin once who could fire with an m9 smoking weed and having a dump in the same time.

But the dropping time is "ALOT" they should fix it
The reason dropping time is a lot right now is because people could simply drop the gun and pick it back up to put it back in their inventory instead of unequipping. So until we overhaul this system, drop time will remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.