Weapon Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This change will affect gameplay heavily; however, I believe the change will greatly promote realism and improve overall gameplay, especially in terms of the amount of rule-breaking.

You should no longer be able to store weapons in your inventory wheel.

The only weapons you should be able to carry are the weapons you currently have equipped.

Any weapons you find and pick-up will have to be equipped, which will start the equipping delay screen.

For example, if you pick-up a pistol, but are already holding a pistol, the current pistol you are holding will be dropped, and the new one equipped. This means, to take a weapon, someone else will either have to carry it, or you will have to pick it up with your fists and carry it somewhere.

You should be able to carry 2 primary weapons, 1 on your back, and 1 in your hands; however, this means that you will always have to have a primary weapon in your hands.

For example, if you are carrying 2 primary weapons, and you un-holster a pistol, the primary weapon that you are currently holding in your hands should be dropped.

Dropping weapons should now be instant (but picking-up weapons would require them to be equipped, and therefore not be instant).

Cars should have storage capacity, specifically for storing guns; this would allow you to carry guns, from a building where you just stole guns from, and store them in your car to take back to the warehouse; it would also allow you to store guns in your car instead of having to carry them.

Police could then search cars, if they have a search warrant; cars could also be broken into with a lock pick, like they are now, but will also provide the ability to steal the contents (if the contents include weapons, the thief would have to equip the weapons).

This system would require a change in the current structure for gun stores; I'll post a separate suggestion for this:
http://perpheads.com/forum/server/ideas-bug-reports/1685-weapon-lockers

I think this will be a great improvement to most aspects of the gameplay, albeit a little hard to get used to.

Benefits

Greatly increased realism.

Less stupidity/FailRP and RDM, more care taken with weapons.

Less people 'jumping-into' conflicts unexpectedly.

Less people unrealistically un-equipping weapons to save them.

Less people breaking into a building, and then equipping a large gun from 'no where'.

Greatly increased amounts of people FearRPing, as people will genuinely be worried about losing weapons.

Less people breaking traffic laws as their car could be searched.

Less people driving dangerously as guns stored in their cars would be destroyed if there was an accident.

When Police, and players in general are preparing to conduct a raid on a criminal building, actual recon could be conducted which would be useful; at the moment, the only useful recon you can get is the amount of people on the property; with this change, you would also have a good idea of the weaponry involved.

DEATH WILL BE SCARY - As most people walk around with guns, or with guns ready to be equipped, if this change takes effect then either people will not use weapons, or people will genuinely be afraid to die.

People will NOT be able to 'minge grab' as the weapon would be equipped, and the 'grabber' would likely get shot.

Possible Concerns

People who own property, be it commercial or residential, wouldn't have to walk around with guns; instead, they could leave guns around the property, for example, under the bed, under the shop counter, etc, to be equipped if needed.

Reaction score
Police cars could then also have a shotgun stored within them by default; this needs to be added anyway and having cars with storage could allow for this. A fire extinguisher could also be included in Police cruisers.

Reaction score
I like it, this will also make people think twice before carrying a sniper or any expensive weapon arround :)

Reaction score
You know, it's funny... But it's almost as if Luke is reading my mind. Not less than one week ago, Dudeh and I talked about the importance of being only able to carry one primary, but a set "weight" limit of pistols. For example, if you can carry 5kg of pistols, you could carry about 4 berettas, but only 2 deagles. This idea has been in our document since we started out, we just never got the time to properly implement it. However, it's great that you bring this up, Luke. Nice to see people's responses.

Dye

Reaction score
So what happens when a 15 man organisation comes and raids you? You just have to carry the weapons into your car one by one with the buggy and pathetically difficult to use "picking up" hands?
I'm not sure if you've gotten used to the admin physgun and being able to pickup every object with that but it's like playing surgeon simulator with these hands trying to pick stuff up.

Reaction score
Dye;n1708 said:
You just have to carry the weapons into your car one by one

Yes, exactly; but there are 15 of you, so it shouldn't take too long...

People rush too much in this game, which is essentially the opposite of what an RP game is intended to do.

Dye;n1708 said:
the buggy and pathetically difficult to use "picking up" hands?

Here's a potential solution for that:
http://perpheads.com/forum/server/id...geting-reticle

Dye;n1708 said:
I'm not sure if you've gotten used to the admin physgun and being able to pickup every object with that

That would be against the rules...

Reaction score
Luke said:
Dye;n1708 said:
You just have to carry the weapons into your car one by one

Yes, exactly; but there are 15 of you, so it shouldn't take too long...

People rush too much in this game, which is essentially the opposite of what an RP game is intended to do.

Dye;n1708 said:
the buggy and pathetically difficult to use "picking up" hands?

Here's a potential solution for that:
http://perpheads.com/forum/server/id...geting-reticle

Dye;n1708 said:
I'm not sure if you've gotten used to the admin physgun and being able to pickup every object with that

That would be against the rules...
"but there are 15 of you" I think he ment the 15 man organisation that all died and dropped weapons and you have to pick them all up and get them to locker or car. However i've almost never seen 15 people raid somone at the same time xD

Reaction score
Please do add this, also remove everyone's weapons from their inventory, and warehouse, if this is going to be added.

Reaction score
Frosty;n2001 said:
Please do add this, also remove everyone's weapons from their inventory, and warehouse, if this is going to be added.

What's the point of wiping everyone's weapons while they still have their money so they can just craft them back? Did I get the thing you're saying wrong?

Reaction score
Wow, great idea Luke, but I think, what if people get mugged and they don't have money on them, and they have an M82! In there invetory, They'll be sooooooo sooooo sooo pissed. Plus people will more likely want to KILL people for their weapons, they'll always find a "reason", keep that in mind.

Reaction score
talkhtw5;n2020 said:
Wow, great idea Luke, but I think, what if people get mugged and they don't have money on them, and they have an M82!

You shouldn't be walking with a M82 on your back if you're not able to protect yourself, same goes for the other guns.

talkhtw5;n2020 said:
They'll be sooooooo sooooo sooo pissed. Plus people will more likely want to KILL people for their weapons, they'll always find a "reason", keep that in mind.

I always say, if you can't handle losing a gun, don't craft/buy it in the first place. Also, people shouldn't be killing people just for their guns without any roleplay, they can mug you though.

Reaction score
Knowing that you can only carry one primary and it'll be shown on your back regardless whether it's equipped or not, why would you take a Sunday stroll down the street with an M82 on your back? Display of firearms is against the law, people who want your gun will find ANY reason possible to take it from you or you might even get crushed by a speeding car.

Conclusion: Only a careless man would carry a gun such as the M82 outside of his property/far away from his weapon safe.

Just one question about this, what will happen if you buy a gun from a gun store?

Reaction score
Seeing as though firearms are illegal for display, I would imagine that also includes the sale of such items, meaning that if you were to buy one, you would not do so in a public area. And if cars had a trunk to put weapons into you would simply buy said item then place it in the trunk of your car and drive away.

Anyhow getting to the heart of the matter, we will be making some definite changes to weapons in the way they're handled, some of which is covered here, but some parts of this may be omitted. Such as being able to carry 2 primary slot weapons at any given time, I understand how it would be possible to have one on the back and one in the hands, but I'd rather not have people carrying around 2 primaries that they could easily swap out like that. So I have a few questions for anyone that likes this idea as additional ideas.

1) Should you be able to drop/switch guns (of the same slot) within X minutes of firing it? (if you like this, please say what you think X should be)
(police / SWAT would be able to give you a 10 second window in which it would be possible to drop your firearm)
Since right now and even with this idea, someone could bring out their heavy duty sniper, take one shot then immediately stash it back in their car or change to a lesser gun, which to me isn't very good.

2) When someone dies, how many of their clips that they were carrying should fall as well? Or for that matter, what should fall on death, just weapons or more?
Random amounts would be ok, or have the clips become some of the parts that make up the clip, like instead of dropping a clip itself, it would be pieces of metal or plastic.

I may need to create a poll based on some of the feedback given to get a clear concise way to see how players feel about the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.