Server Suggestion Balance Police when lower population

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Balance Police when lower population
Suggestion Description: During peak hours the police and criminal balance is good, especially with TFU. However during peak US hours their is a serious lack of police, sometimes less than 3 police officers are present, During these times it is a slaughter for the police, criminals are more rampant during these times because they know they can get away with the crimes, and when police do respond to these calls with their pistols they are severely outgunned. The police department is getting fully wiped multiple times an hour. This is not how it should be, in real life police overpower criminals, the least we can ask for is a way to balance the police during these times.

I understand this game is trying to be "realistic" but the amount of gunfights is not realistic therefore police need to be better equipped by default.

I have the following suggestions to combat this;

- When the percentage of police to civilians is less than a certain percentage, (ex. 20%) allow police to equip higher tier weapons, either an SMG or long rifle.

- Allow police officers to purchase advanced weapons at the armory for a discounted rate (AR-15, Shotgun, MP5) - This is my favorite idea

- Allow senior officers + to equip some sort of longer range rifle from their trunk

Why should this be added?:
- Allow for a better balance with police vs criminals
- Discourage a server of chaos and crime when population is lower

What negatives could this have?:
- With more firepower its possible new players that become cop could minge more

Reaction score
- When the percentage of police to civilians is less than a certain percentage, (ex. 20%) allow police to equip higher tier weapons, either an SMG or long rifle.

- Allow police officers to purchase advanced weapons at the armory for a discounted rate (AR-15, Shotgun, MP5) - This is my favorite idea

- Allow senior officers + to equip some sort of longer range rifle from their trunk
Senior officers already have access to better weaponry, when they can prove they are capable of using them appropriately and effectively by Joining TFU. Allowing anyone of the rank of senior officer to simply run around with sub machine guns, shotguns and rifles would not only alleviate the purpose of light TFU to begin with.

Having a system that allows weapons to be used based on a player count ratio would require the game to strip these weapons upon these conditions no longer being met, not something that's very realistic or practical.

By joining TFU, You can patrol with a stun grenade, An M24 sniper rifle, Mossberg shotgun, UMP45, MP5A4, Or M16A4.

Simply giving cops better weapons is not going to be a viable solution to people zerging at 4am UK time because there's so few cops.

Reaction score
I used to solo zergs late in eurosnooze timezones with TFU. Normally the only zergs that bother raiding that late are the ones that can't raid because they suck during the day. It's a skill thing tbh. the pistols are way underrated just hit their head and it normally does the trick. The only problem is if there are no TFU or CPLs then you can't breach shit but other than that meh no problem

Reaction score
With the current flow of new players to the server it would be the exact opposite of what every roleplaying server now does to ensure RDM does not happen - make people earn weapons, and earn better weapons in order to require playtime in order to obtain them. Even as officers.

The entire idea of TFU, is that you need to learn many more policies than a usual police officer learns before going on duty, from the easiest - minding collateral with rifles, to the hardest - resolving hostage situations. It would be pointless to disregard all that now, and let random SOs take an m4 and shoot up 3 collateral people at bazaar.

The solution to that problem is getting TFU training, its not that hard if you put yourself into it, and its really worth the time. In total you need 2 decent ORs - it will prove that you can be trusted with the rifle, probably, and then passing TFU app, which will show, you know the theory of using the rifle, and then you can use it correctly in live scenarios.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I used to solo zergs late in eurosnooze timezones with TFU. Normally the only zergs that bother raiding that late are the ones that can't raid because they suck during the day. It's a skill thing tbh. the pistols are way underrated just hit their head and it normally does the trick. The only problem is if there are no TFU or CPLs then you can't breach shit but other than that meh no problem
Its not a skill thing, when you get shot from 200 yards away with a rifle and you have a pistol. If you cant even see the person. Thats being under equipped for the situation.

Reaction score
  • Staff
You also get slightly better pistols as you advance in the PLPD, CPL+ gets a shotgun without TFU

Again none of which gives police a ranged option, neither pistols nor shotguns are competitive against the guns criminals use at range. Their needs to be a longer ranged option when no TFU is online.

Reaction score
This idea would only apply if their are no active TFU.
Which unfortunately still does not resolve the problem of misusing the firearms, lack of proffessional knowledge, when it comes to resolving firearm related situations, and others.

I also usually do play late night hours, so I understand your concern, however doing so, motivated me to do CPL and TFU. Now when the server pop drops to around 80, i patrol exclusively in light tfu gear, not to be frustrated.

Reaction score
Police are already extremely powerful as is. In my mind, if you are losing when there is a low pop and very few police, it really isn't an issue, because the main concern is balance at normal pop. Besides, cops have no trade-off anyway, it's just guaranteed money with no risk/reward even a part of the equation.

In conclusion: nerf cops

Reaction score
You have a solid argument, and I'm very familiar with the frustration. I don't know how some are just able to flick and kill me at a moment's notice, or from such a distance. It's honestly infuriating sometimes, straight-up black screen sim. Don't even get me started if you are dragging trying to arrest someone (especially in Bazaar), as nearly everyone is willing to get into something that doesn't involve them just to shoot at cops.

@Bnej is right, abuse or misconduct will happen regardless. The only middle-ground I can think of is giving Snr/Officers different pistols. I'd preferably love to see the Sig (but that's just my opinion).

TFO is a necessity. End of story.

Reaction score
Police are already extremely powerful as is. In my mind, if you are losing when there is a low pop and very few police, it really isn't an issue, because the main concern is balance at normal pop. Besides, cops have no trade-off anyway, it's just guaranteed money with no risk/reward even a part of the equation.

In conclusion: nerf cops
The point is to have balance at any pop.