Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: 3izu
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 5 Days

Your Steam Name: henryy
Your Roleplay Name: Charlie Montgomery / Angus McFifeXIII
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:45858194

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.6, 2.5, 3.4 - User killed an officer without justification, later in the report attempted to deceive me multiple times trying to justify his actions by bringing up different excuses.

Why should this appeal be considered?: after watching back the pov of the officer, i can see why he felt it was random and unjustified.
from my perspective, he was questioning my friend who had a gun out. alongside this, we were also growing weed in one of the bazaar shops literally 2 doors down. shortly after, my other friend swung on the officer with a bat. after the officer ran away to presumably pull out a gun, acting in an impulse i pulled out my gun and shot the officer. i had already been dealing with negative police officers during this session, who were abusing their power, and i didn't want to be thrown in jail again.

after cooling down and looking at it from an unbiased perspective, it does seem like i had no justification. however, we were actively growing weed and i may have even had weed on me at the time, so i wasn't willing to let an officer search or detain any of us. i admit that it was wrong, i was merely acting on impulse. after reading 3.4, i can see why i was reprimanded. truthfully, i hadn't read the examples under that rule until today and that is my fault. i apologise, and it will never occur again.

in terms of giving false information/excuses, i wasn't intentionally lying. an admin pulled me aside at least an hour after the incident happened, and by that point i had already forgotten the main details of what occurred. i believe i told the admin that one of us had a gun and was being threatened, and thats truly how i felt at the time. i wasn't intentionally siphoning incorrect info, i gave everything i knew. it became quite frustrating because the admin couldnt hear my mic, making me type over text, and he was rejecting my information as lying or excuses. following that, I disconnected before the conversation had ended and that was wrong.

i would like to apologise to the admin as i got frustrated, i was sincerely trying my best to give you correct information. due to real life circumstances i do have an actual issue with my memory, i wasn't attempting to lie or give excuses. i recounted the situation as i remembered it: feeling threatened and then shooting an officer. you kept insisting that it was just random and it wasn't, i truly did feel threatened. yes i may have said that someone had something they didn't but i wholeheartedly couldn't remember clearly.

killing the officer was wrong, and i realise that now. i thought i had probable cause considering our drugs were right by, but i realise now that he wasn't going to notice the drugs and i should've just let him reprimand my friend. it's hard to not side with your friends- but moving on i will take more care of this. i guess i just misunderstood how much you can/cant get away with as a criminal. thanks for reading :p and once again im rlly sorry.

here is the officer's pov.

Reaction score
help

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.