Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @steelo
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Month

Your Steam Name: Borat
Your Roleplay Name: Bob Boogly
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:180694545

Why were you punished?: 3.4 - Shot and killed a police officer as revenge for killing one of his org mates.

Why should this appeal be considered?: The Rule I broke was 3.4, specifically 3.4 regarding law since I shot an officer which would lead to dire in-character consequences such as freedom and imprisonment. Some invalid reasons to murder police are given in the server rules under 3.4: avoiding minor sentences, or loitering around the crime scene for the purpose of engaging in combat. Some valid reasons to murder police under 3.4 are: Risk of a long sentence, Preventing the detection of drugs, and Committing a violent crime police would reasonably use lethal force to apprehend you for.

In my situation, the Officer had murdered an org member in my sight. I understand now that you CANNOT revenge kill police, however in the moment I had thought it was the same rules as when you see a civilian kill an org member. I was not ill-intentioned and I now have gained a deeper understanding of the rule 3.4, which is that it is an unreasonable risk to murder an officer over killing an org member.

I apologize for my confusion regarding 3.4, and I apologize to the Officer involved, I did not mean to take from your experience.

Additional Information: Ban History Consideration:
I understand that I have past 3.4 Offences. I have learned specific things regarding 3.4, for example you cannot revenge kill police, and that you must be sure, with evidence, that an org member is going in for 10+ years to act on it. Multiple 3.4 charges were genuine mistakes, one being a knee jerk reaction to pull out a gun but not firing and attempting to put it away when lockpick raided, one was I had thought an org member was going in for 10 but had false info.

What I have learned is that I will play it as safe as possible, and avoid killing police at all unless my life is in imminent threat from them.

Reaction score

If you continue to act in defiance of rule 3.4, your punishments will continue to be harsher and harsher. Please be more careful and make an active attempt to abide by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.