Appealing for: Ban / Blacklist
Appeal type: Apology
Which staff member banned you: (See: ScamBans) Bigbenji
How long were you banned for: 5 days

Your Steam Name
: The Incredible Holgh
Your In-game Name: Magnus Andersson
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61373815

Why were you banned/blacklisted: (See: ScamBans) I was banned for "intentionally stealing a car to drive it into the lake, and disconnecting before waiting 10 minutes".
Why should this appeal be considered: I would like to appeal this ban because of the following, I did not steal it to intentionally drive it into the lake at hicktown as stated in the ban, I have never stated this, this might be what the guy who's car I stole would say. After stealing the car I drove around in it for a few minutes before I started being chased and shot at, I eventually lost my pursuers and drove to hicktown to ditch the car and get a ride out from a buddy to avoid being killed, after I ditched the car I hid in the nearby woods and contacted an org member to try to get a ride out of the forest, at this point I had probably been in the forest for around 15 minutes. The org member says my car is not there I figure it's stolen and I won't get a ride out and I log out for the night which I had been planning on doing for a while since it was getting late, (please note that at this point I had waited in the woods for around 15 minutes.)

Additional Comment(s): I would like to point out that I do understand that me logging out can cause interruptions if someone's stolen my car or similar and that I waited a while before logging off purely because of this, I would also like to add that I actually waited about 15 minutes after ditching the car until I logged out for the night. I had no malicious intent with anything I did regarding this incident, I don't think ditching the car in the lake was out of character for someone who's being chased and shot at for stealing it. Also, after I had been hiding out in the forest for the said 15 minutes or so, I logged off for the night and didn't try to log on until now, I say this to point out that I did not try to reconnect immidietly and that I was actually leaving for the night and had no malicious intent with disconnecting. Thanks for your consideration, I wanted to give my side of the story since I feel this incident has been taken a bit out of context.

EDIT: In the appeal above I state that I waited for 15 minutes before logging off, which I clearly did not as another admin/moderator posted the logs which showed that it had been about 3 minutes and I was sure that it was way longer when I made the appeal. In the ban it also said that I logged off knowing that my car had been stolen which is also true. At this point after ditching the car that I stole into the lake and hiding in the forest for a short while, I contacted an organization member to come pick me up with my car and he said it was gone, I clearly realized it had been stolen and I chose to log off anyway since I did not want to walk back to the city since I was planning on logging off shortly. It was also stated in the ban that was issued that I stole the car specifically to dump it into the lake, this is the only thing I am denying out of what happened, after driving around in the car for a short while I started being chased after and shot at, I was able to get away from my pursuers and decided to ditch the car and get a ride out of the forest in order to avoid being killed, this was not something I had planned when I stole the car it just played out this way and I figured it was a reasonable thing to do at that point to not get killed. In conclusion I would like to apologize for the disruptions caused by me logging off like that whilst my car was stolen and I was being actively searched for. My hope is that the ban perhaps could be shortened I do however understand if you choose not to shorten it. Thank you for your time - The Incredible Holgh

Last edited:

The Holgh

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I would like to add that I understand why the ban was issued and that I could have handled the situation better by atleast saying I was logging off in OOC

Reaction score
Here is some information logs from:
You drove the car last (into the lake) (13 feb. 2021 23:30:12)
Your last message in org stating "oh ffs" acknowledging your car was stolen (13 feb. 2021 23:33:00)
You disconnecting (13 feb. 2021 23:33:27)

Showing you waited exactly 3 minutes and 15 seconds between ditching the car into the water and disconnecting
(I am probably not dealing with it but I just wanted to post the logs here)

The Holgh

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I was sure that I waited longer after ditching the car than 3 minutes, to be fair I was barely awake at this point, I absolutely understand the ban then, I will however maintain that I had no malicious intent, thank you for the information

Reaction score
Accepted:

You'll be refunding @thehomelessdude for the fuel you wasted with his car though. (1.5K)

Further bans for breaking these rules or other common rules will be considerably longer in the future.​

Status
Not open for further replies.