Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: ellie
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: GainAxeDK
Your Roleplay Name: Louie Gonzalves
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:226391237

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5 - User killed someone for no apparent reason when the person tried to go to his apt. Person got shot at but didn't shoot back and the user executed him. Claiming he was mugged by them, was countering them and felt threatened. Bad attitude in the admin sit.

Why should this appeal be considered?: So basically I where counter-raiding slums 1 when this girl comes up. She has m4 in passive I then shoot after her bc she had a gun in passive in an ongoing scene where people were moaning. She then runs after me pointing the m4 at me. Then as soon as I look back she takes the gun down and I shoot. I don't understand how Ellie couldn't understand that she literally ran after me pointing it at me. To be fair she shouldn't even be in slums when people are moaning and police cars outside. I never claimed that I got mugged by Ophelia but I explained that I got mugged by the ones raiding slums 1. The reason why I have a "bad attitude" in the sit is that I was asking why I would get banned and said that I didn't understand. After that, she then proceeds to use CAPS in a whole sentence explaining in a really mad and angry way how things have worked out. In the first 2-3 sec where Ophelia yells "is it clear" I don't see and I just say hi because they look at me. I felt like in the f6 that both admins (Ellie and collier) had an opinion on me and that was to get me banned. Im tired of that its always collier or ellie taking my sits because they hate me alot. Wich makes them easier to get angry and mad.

Additional Information: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/5eVPnPhuc0TI-/z8MLwrmiOVSj?invite=cr-MSxUemIsNzczOTAxMyw
here is the link for the video

Reaction score

It was abundantly clear that there was nothing for you to "counter-raid" and no benefit for you to loiter around Slums, other than to go into your apartment and continue with your day. The situation at Slums 1 was evidently over - the doors were wide open, there were dead bodies consisting of your muggers and police. It was clear that there had been a police presence and even that means there is nothing for you to "counter-raid" unless you were flanking to give Slums 1 an advantage, which was obviously not your intention as they had mugged you.

As such there was no conceivable way that Ophelia could have been an immediate threat to you. Even when you fired at Ophelia the first time, they did not react or return fire at you and as such there was no reason for you to continue and kill them. To suggest that you were being "flanked" or going to flank when you were standing outside Slums not doing anything does not seem plausible. Why would you go all the way up the stairs near Ophelia's apartment and wait? If your intention was to target Slums 1, surely you should have been inside breaking open the bathroom door?

To summarise, there was nothing for you to counter-raid. The situation had already finished and you started another shootout for no reason. It is also pretty disingenuous of you to suggest that they "want to get you banned", when based on the report you changed your tune about why you killed Ophelia three times, and it took them a long time to resolve. We agree with the decision made by the three staff members who were dealing with it at the time, and even looking at it retrospectively with more evidence nothing changes. Make a Staff Complaint if you feel that Collier or Ellie are specifically out to get you as that is not a matter for us to address in a Ban Dispute.

Reviewed with @A1L and @blobvis 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.