Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Tinyslayer
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: Tinky
Your Roleplay Name: Tinky Starksy
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:107027937

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.1, 2.5 - Killed a new player because they didn't understand that they could heal people as a firefighter. After killing them insulted them in LOOC.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was in the middle of fighting police when myself and 3 of my friends were crippled. I went to pursuit the firefighter to get them to heal me and my friends. I got to the firefighter I told him to get out the car and heal me. The firefighter told me he's not a medic and I told him that he can still heal me with his health kit. He proceeded to not heal me and tell me to put my weapon down when that is not a requirement to heal someone, meaning he didn't attempt to heal me. I killed the firefighter due to him not following my orders under gunpoint and went on to kill more police and eventually die.

An admin-made f6 was created by TinySlayer asking me why I killed the firefighter and I told him exactly what happened and then Tinyslayer said that the player is new and that I shouldn't have done that. I told him that despite the player being new, they should have read the rules before playing on the server as they are displayed upon joining the server. Tinyslayer proceeded to ban me without any consideration about what actually happened.

I believe that new players shouldn't be exempt of rules after being told exactly what to do in a situation.

I also called the firefighter a 'fucking dumbass' in looc which is part I do not dispute.

Additional Information: I believe that if the ban is somehow deemed correct, my ban doesn't deserve to be a week due to my record being almost perfectly clean for months while also playing actively on the server.

Here's also my demo of the situation : https://mega.nz/file/qWJ0hJpT#uEZtPVSYlRyi5Wihot73ID6EMO_8WkjgyUxOX-bjnqg

Reaction score

For some context, the player you shot had first connected an hour before you killed him and this was his first time being a firefighter. He had been on the job for 9 minutes before you shot him. He probably did not know you could heal people as a firefighter.

As for the ban reason, we still believe it was excessive for you to involve a random firefighter by chasing and shooting at him for your crippled legs. You are technically correct that he did not comply with you, but he probably had no idea how to (or that you even could) heal players as a firefighter.

Additionally, you had to drive past a hospital to chase this firefighter. If you didn't want to waste time, you should have gotten your legs fixed there instead of involving an innocent player that was not even in the vicinity of your shootout.

@Hendricks @Hayden @Mim

Status
Not open for further replies.