Biggest investment wins/losses (crypto and/or stocks)

Reaction score
TLDR: losses from initial money spent, Crypto: -80%, Stocks: -20%

CAUTION: NEVER GAMBLE, INVESTING COULD BE SEEN AS GAMBLING TOO. IF YOU DO WANT TO INVEST, ONLY USE MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING SOMETHING YOU’LL REGRET.

Hi y’all,

Here I am with another question to find out who the financial gods of PERP are.

What are your biggest gains/losses made on investments via crypto or stocks?

Here are my financial stories.

Crypto: I started a few years ago on Binance. Just logged on to check the current state of it. At my peak I was like 80% in the plus. So like 180% my initial money put in. Right now I’m at around 13% of my peak and like 20% of the initial money put in. So a fat -80% or -87% from peak. Great I know.

Stocks: I don’t daytrade whatsoever. I only but stocks I know, understand and trust. I initially made big bank with 50% profit within months. Sadly enough the whole world went to shit and after losing around 40% of the peak of my balance I decided to up my portfolio with around 40% the amount of the money I put in at the start. As of now if I calculate where I would stand if I add up both times I added money to my portfolio I have a hefty 20% loss. And if I would consider it from the peak a near 40/45% loss. Ouch I know.

All in all the monetary value lost isn’t fun at all. Luckily enough I’m near immune to stress and can afford to lose the money. But still hurts.

These calculations I’ve done from the top of my head so they might be off.

Curious to see your story, share it below!

Note: you ofcourse dont have to specify the exact values, percentages are more than enough. (Providing my own exact amounts are to painful lol)

Reaction score
CAUTION: NEVER GAMBLE, INVESTING COULD BE SEEN AS GAMBLING TOO. IF YOU DO WANT TO INVEST, ONLY USE MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE. THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING SOMETHING YOU’LL REGRET.
GET IT TWISTED , GAMBLE ✅ . PLEASE START GAMBLING . GAMBLING IS AN INVESTMENT AND AN INVESTMENT ONLY . YOU WILL PROFIT , YOU WILL WIN ❗ ️. YOU WILL DO ALL OF THAT , YOU UNDERSTAND ⁉ ️ YOU WILL BECOME A BILLIONAIRE AND REBUILD YOUR FUCKING LIFE

Reaction score
I’d also like to add for underage readers. Don’t let possible success stories posted below trick you into trying it yourself to get a quick buck.
Because of the following reasons:
1. This is an online forum. Everyone can lie to make themselves look good.
2. For every success story there are multiple lifedestroying fail stories.
3. For someone to win big, someone else has to lose big. There is no “we all get rich” tactic.
4. Always consult an adult or parent before attempting anything.

Reaction score
GET IT TWISTED , GAMBLE ✅ . PLEASE START GAMBLING . GAMBLING IS AN INVESTMENT AND AN INVESTMENT ONLY . YOU WILL PROFIT , YOU WILL WIN ❗ ️. YOU WILL DO ALL OF THAT , YOU UNDERSTAND ⁉ ️ YOU WILL BECOME A BILLIONAIRE AND REBUILD YOUR FUCKING LIFE
I know that ur trolling mate and normally I would laugh about it. But for the sake of the kids I cant laugh at this one lol.

Reaction score
Eh I never got big into crypto sadly as taxes would also fuck me over unless I hold them in a stable coin for a year or so which makes them non-taxable in Germany or something like that. I traded in baby numbers.

I put 100 Euros into Cardano and got 380 in return and also traded a bunch of shitcoins with Binance which also got me some profit here and there. Safemoon was one of them and other /biz/ shitcoins.

Reaction score
Eh I never got big into crypto sadly as taxes would also fuck me over unless I hold them in a stable coin for a year or so which makes them non-taxable in Germany or something like that. I traded in baby numbers.

I put 100 Euros into Cardano and got 380 in return and also traded a bunch of shitcoins with Binance which also got me some profit here and there. Safemoon was one of them and other /biz/ shitcoins.
Nice returns on Cardano tho. I got a fun story about safemoon. My old housemate invested 200 euros an cashed out 18k or something few weeks later. Mad really.
Sad part is that I was about to invest in safemoon too but decided to place a 1k bet on a fight first. Being certain my fighter would win, jokes on me... If I had won I wouldve put the entire payout of 2.2k or summ in safemoon. But guess I made the wrong call sadly. My friend lost all of it btw in other coins lol.

Reaction score
Nice returns on Cardano tho. I got a fun story about safemoon. My old housemate invested 200 euros an cashed out 18k or something few weeks later. Mad really.
Sad part is that I was about to invest in safemoon too but decided to place a 1k bet on a fight first. Being certain my fighter would win, jokes on me... If I had won I wouldve put the entire payout of 2.2k or summ in safemoon. But guess I made the wrong call sadly. My friend lost all of it btw in other coins lol.
Safemoon is a fucking tragedy, I remember watching their AMA on their Twitch and they had literally 0 use cases but it lifted off for some reason.

BOG was also really interesting, wish I got into it sooner. Bought around $8 and managed to get up to $20 with their sniping tools and was just another shitcoin that actually had development.

Reaction score
Safemoon is a fucking tragedy, I remember watching their AMA on their Twitch and they had literally 0 use cases but it lifted off for some reason.

BOG was also really interesting, wish I got into it sooner. Bought around $8 and managed to get up to $20 with their sniping tools and was just another shitcoin that actually had development.
Safemoon and other bs coins are the exact reason I never rlly believed in crypto all together. Too much of a shitshow and easily influenced. Seeing dogecoin rise like crazy back a while ago was the pinnacle of shithousery imo.

Reaction score
I started trading a few months after I turned 18, and it was a great experience. My dad has been doing it for some time and was able to teach me a lot and gave me weekly picks on what to invest in - I passed this on to a good amount of friends from here and quite a few made hundreds of dollars from the picks.

I made a very good amount of money, I was never losing on anything and it was like an unlimited high. And then, Covid and JOEEEE BIDEN. Everything went to shit and I was thousands down, I still am but I don’t even remember that I have stocks unless someone brings it up / reminds me.

During the unlimited high, I developed a tragic trading addiction. I was in my senior year of High School and everything was online because of Covid and during lectures I would ALWAYS have my stock charts on my 2nd monitor and would be watching the amount get higher and higher and I was just boiling with excitement - I thought I was about to break out of the matrix before Andrew Tate was even a thing

I could not shut the fuck up about my trades and the money that was coming in, @Creepis and many others here close to me can probably confirm.

I have uninstalled all my trading apps and just reinstall them when my dad asks how my portfolio is looking like every 6+ months.

Some things I was heavily invested in are/was:

NIO
FCEL
PTON

and so many more I cant think of rn.

In the long term, I am sure I will make my money back and thats what trading is all about.

Reaction score
I started trading a few months after I turned 18, and it was a great experience. My dad has been doing it for some time and was able to teach me a lot and gave me weekly picks on what to invest in - I passed this on to a good amount of friends from here and quite a few made hundreds of dollars from the picks.

I made a very good amount of money, I was never losing on anything and it was like an unlimited high. And then, Covid and JOEEEE BIDEN. Everything went to shit and I was thousands down, I still am but I don’t even remember that I have stocks unless someone brings it up / reminds me.

During the unlimited high, I developed a tragic trading addiction. I was in my senior year of High School and everything was online because of Covid and during lectures I would ALWAYS have my stock charts on my 2nd monitor and would be watching the amount get higher and higher and I was just boiling with excitement - I thought I was about to break out of the matrix before Andrew Tate was even a thing

I could not shut the fuck up about my trades and the money that was coming in, @Creepis and many others here close to me can probably confirm.

I have uninstalled all my trading apps and just reinstall them when my dad asks how my portfolio is looking like every 6+ months.

Some things I was heavily invested in are/was:

NIO
FCEL
PTON

and so many more I cant think of rn.

In the long term, I am sure I will make my money back and thats what trading is all about.
Oof idk whether I think its nice or really sad for both of us that our stories have many similarities…

That high you get when you feel like you cracked the code out of the matrix is impossible to explain to someone imo. You have to experience it to be able understand how it feels. Craziest drug imo.

Lets hope we both recover on the longrun. Maybe in a few years we look back and can say it was part of the journey… lol lets keep hoping

And about Brandon…

Nuff said about Joey I think

Reaction score
Guitars I got for £200-£400 like 4-8 years ago are going for £800-£1200 on the used market at upcharges but they aren't really selling often for a high price. Unfortunately, I will not sell any of them anyways, because they are cool and I like using them and them making me look and sound cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Reaction score
Guitars I got for £200-£400 like 4-8 years ago are going for £800-£1200 on the used market at upcharges but they aren't really selling often for a high price. Unfortunately, I will not sell any of them anyways, because they are cool and I like using them and them making me look and sound cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Why is that? Is it like a shortage/them not being made enough or anymore? Or just because they are like specific year bound and have become more rare now? Nice profit tho

Reaction score
My friends and I all had a small trading arc a few years ago, some of them still trade but I don't. Around the time covid hit I invested around $500 in Ocugen ($OCGN) when it was valued at ~$0.20 and sold about a month or so later at ~$3.00 for a nice little profit. This was the only real trade I ever made as I was confident that OCGN could skyrocket based on the fact that they were helping with the vaccines in some capacity. I never got into any of the crypto stuff.

Reaction score
I know that ur trolling mate and normally I would laugh about it. But for the sake of the kids I cant laugh at this one lol.
a53

Reaction score
i turned 1 quid into 100 quid on csgo skin betting then lost it all on a 75% chance

i made 10% profit on various coins in like a couple days of crypto trading then had to withdraw because i needed the money and lost all the profit on transfer fees pmsl

Reaction score
I remember when BTC was around 20k and then it went up to like 120k+ but I pulled out just before that, good times

Reaction score
Quick and easy:

- +300$ in crypto, invested 100$ in 2019 and after, did not like the fact that one tweet was enough to destroy or hype a coin so I just removed everything
- Got almost 5k$ in stocks now, aiming for dividends mostly (currently, portfolio : +5%, dividends (6 months): 100$ )
- About to borrow 50k from bank to launch myself in real estate
- My sister been making loads of moneys in forex, waiting for her to teach me and might put some Ks there as well

There you go :D

Reaction score
Why is that? Is it like a shortage/them not being made enough or anymore? Or just because they are like specific year bound and have become more rare now? Nice profit tho
The “profit” margin here is superficial and doesn’t mean I’ll ever sell them for more than I got them for, I know for a fact that my old stage guitar in its condition would only sell for a massive profit to an actual moron.

My old main stage guitars were old 2000’s era Japanese Pro series Jackson’s, made in Japan. Back then, Japan was the hub for mass producing higher end but still affordable guitars. Nowadays, the cheap Labour required to keep these expensive guitars affordable moved from japan to China, South Korea, India, Indonesia, etc. Because they produce guitars of the “same quality” (arguable). Nowadays thanks to brands like ESP and Ibanez, who have been making all their high end guitars in Japan for decades and these brands being what japanese guitars are known for in the modern era, A guitar being made in Japan is often considered on the same price caliber as USA made guitars thanks to this. They don’t realise that the “made in X” tab doesn’t necessarily dictate its quality.

People aren’t realising that the quality and craftsmanship of japanese mass produced guitars vs the quality of a custom shop made Japanese guitar is night and day. There’s also now the fact that it’s been out of production for so long that no one who remembers it’s original price, or they can slap the “rare / antique / out of production” labels on it.

In the era I started playing guitar companies were putting generous helpings of USA made / brand name components on their guitars because there was a big surplus of them. Guitar has become ever more popular now due to people taking it up thanks to social media and lockdowns. Because of this guitar companies cut costs and supply chain issues by adding less premium components to guitars.

Because of this, owners of guitars that came stock with expensive brand name pickups use current guitars with the same components and woods as a starting point when pricing their guitars on the secondhand market and because people who started learning guitar during lockdown don’t know much better they sold and the price points stuck with people.

Tl;dr: People simply don’t know how to price something and compare it to a similar guitar on the market today with similar features and people are buying these terribly priced instruments being none the wiser.