Bring back S.W.A.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Return the old S.W.A.T team to Paralake city

Reason for that: i belive people miss the S.W.A.T in plpd and the swat replace with TFU now alot of people enjoy playing swat they got VIP and had fun being swat officer but now with the TFU only corporal allow to apply to be TFU and i belive alot of people want to be S.W.A.T so i they coupld be the tactial team in plpd aswell and not only TFU
i know people did stupid stuff when they play as swat and theres no control on the team so i think make a rank for swat that theres a swat leader team or something that can be on control on them that they dont do stupid stuff so i suggest bring back the S.W.A.T back

search

Reaction score
People wanted TFU because SWAT was always retarded. This arguent is now invalid, but there are others which still make the TFU system better than the old SWAT system. Its just that there need to be way more TFU officers...

Reaction score
Oh please no. It was cancer. 8 year old skids yelling "Flashbang" into their mics.
No thank you sire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
There's pros and cons to both systems, personally I prefer tfu as its a more skilled and a more well thought out process than a 12 year old team flashing 8 cops. I liked the SWAT system due to it being more chilled and more like a game, anyone could become swat and it was a nice place to start within the PD but now TFU is a very big part on why <Corporal want to rank up . It's also nice to have TFTO's "training" them (this needs to be sorted js @Niko ) and getting them ready /assessing them for the position. Without the new system we wouldn't have a great command team in @Niko @Smily & @Creepis adjusting and fixing certain issues to even gameplay and to have a more "realistic" experience. :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Reaction score
TFU was originally supposed to be a reactionary force in case of emergencies (I was captain in the command team back when @J and I discussed this) but right now they're just walking robo cops with max armor and weapons.
Although the original SWAT team had its merits, i.e, they were only able to respond when called, current TFU also have their advantages even though its aids to see max armored and weaponized cops walking around for no reason whatsoever

Reaction score
TFU was originally supposed to be a reactionary force in case of emergencies (I was captain in the command team back when @J and I discussed this) but right now they're just walking robo cops with max armor and weapons.
Although the original SWAT team had its merits, i.e, they were only able to respond when called, current TFU also have their advantages even though its aids to see max armored and weaponized cops walking around for no reason whatsoever
I feel this really makes it difficult to do any sort of crime. Ofcourse it should be but when TFU is litteraly guarding the mayor for 3 hours straight its exactly as you describe it, a fucking robocop movie.

Reaction score
Yeah I much preferred drawing nightstick dicks on the PD walls, lobbing flashbangs into the PD toilets, randomly cuffing my fellow SWAT members and running over sweaters while on mealbreak.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reaction score
I like the TFU, but i think it's just strange. Sometimes it takes 1 headshot with a revolver to kill a tfu and other times it takes 2 m4 headshots to kill the TFU. I've seen countless amounts of people saying TFU is broke (Even TFU themselves), but not very broke there is just 1 game changer for me and thats the headshot thing and it can affect civ's alot when in a shootout and TFU oficers themselves as they might get fucked. Being able to kill a TFU is unpredictable how many bullets it will take whether you're civ or the TFU officer yourself.

As for the Marksmanship and compensators they get on every gun, i just think they're just a tad over the top not to mention the SWAT van. (Im not saying having compensators is bad, but is it really needed for the extra marksmanship levels too)

I liked the idea of petrolling with standard MP5's, and then having to return to the PD to collect proper gear and the SWAT van but that never happened. Personally i think that, that would make it alot more balanced. Despite the whole (realistically cops are guranteed to win so we should be able to) although its an RP server there has to be a limit.

I dont think it should go back to SWAT as like many people have stated it was super aids, but i think it should be tweaked slightly to make it less unpredictable.

(Tried to be as least biased as i can)

Pretty sure the old SWAT didnt take 2 headshots, thats my point.

Reaction score
The old S.W.A.T was amazing in many ways, But many officers just ignored us and decided to turn into Rambo and attempt to go in first and alone before S.W.A.T. This pissed me off a lot but although I saw it less I always made sure to speak with the rambo wannabe officers that do this and to tell them not to do it. When I was TFU I used to always say "Don't go in secure the perimeter" 80% of the times that would work but it depends on how incompetent the officers are. I even started to shoot officers in the back who got in my way of shooting someone as their punishment for not letting me do my job properly. S.W.A.T was more tactical than TFU from my POV as shown in that video. Would have looked a lot better if officers didnt ruin it but ya know.

Reaction score
Like @Husky said,Theres Pros And Cons, However, It Would Be Great If When you must be whitelisted In The PD, But When You Have VIP,Take A Test (LIKE IN THE OLD Times) for SWAT.With the minimum rank to apply for it,Senior Officer, This Would Make It So If No TFU,Theres usually Some ,Maybe 2-4 maybe 5 senior officers on,that means we at least have 3 maybe 4 swat officers. (MAKE IT SO IT CAN ONLY COME INTO ACTION WHEN THERES NO TFU,WHEN ONE COMES ON DUTY, They Must Take their SWAT Gear Off And Become A Normal Officer).

Reaction score
Don't mind swat being back but at least white list them like TFU, I did not care sitting in PD tbh, I enjoyed it, but TFU won't be removed because it is a great addition to PLPD

Reaction score
We changed to TFU for a reason, now I do see the cons and pros. But, the TFU team is often better trained and can allow for a more realistic RP experience. Even when there is no TFU on, we do have CPL's with shotguns. I feel like most of the people arguing for this to be allowed are SO's who want bigger guns. You also have to factor in the fact SWAT might not be as well trained and not go by any PLPD protocol if open to VIP. Witch @SC3 Gazzy gaming said that you must be at least SO for it. I could see many ways this is abused, however, as well as the simple fact it's not really needed. Just get to CPL and have CPL's take over with shotguns when no TFU is available.

Reaction score
TFU has become quite elitist, rather than trying to train their officers recently, they've made mandatory test sessions where you must pass scenarios or be DEMOTED from TFU. I think that's a step in the wrong direction and is giving up on training officers and just getting rid of the problems rather than fixing them (sounds a bit like Brexit to me). The decisions made by the command teams have not been in a positive direction but seem quite lazy to me. I really believe officers who aren't good enough should be trained until they are competent TFOs and not threatened with demotion if they're not good enough, especially when there are little to no training sessions ran by the command team and the team leaders still don't have permissions to schedule training sessions - even though I've suggested they are to be allowed this many time - meaning that the people who aren't good enough aren't taught how to be better but are then scolded for not being good enough as an officer.

Just because the command team members are 'good' TFOs, doesn't mean everyone else is nor do they know what is expected of them - there aren't any guides and before anyone asks why I didn't try to train them: I was denied from TFTO because I called Smily a cunt because he didn't tell me what I needed to do, got mad when I had a go at some TFTOs for listening in to the plan of the TFU raid whilst that TFTO was about to defend from said raid.

I don't think TFU itself needs to change but the way it is run is not friendly nor is it approachable. I've submitted suggestions like this in feedback surveys but they're never acted on - at least to my knowledge - and I don't believe it's fair how officers are tested on skills they've not been taught nor any attempts to teach them have been made. This is the state that academy used to be in, now they run regular training sessions and help teach applicants and officers who aren't good enough for promotions or application passes; TFU needs to develop it's training areas and actually train officers so they can join TFU rather than setting up some segregation.

tl;dr:
- TFU don't train officers
- TFU assess officers on the skills they aren't taught
- TFU becomes elitist
- This is what Academy used to be like
- Academy now train officers who aren't good enough
- Academy provides less segregation and elitism, more people are satisfied.
- TFU hasn't got enough officers for constant presence
- Officers feel like they just can't get into TFU
- Becomes more elitist, cycle repeats.

Reaction score
i feel like one of the reasons perp became less fun is because ppl in all areas try to make it less like cops and robbers and more serious rp, but they only do so in 1 area so you go cop and there's all these sweaty divisions with a million ranks but then u go any other job and no one gives a fuck.

Remove all ranks and bring it back 2 cops and robbers or make the effort to make more than 1 gov job have some meaning to it, or the 3rd option which is typing this is a waste of time because no one gives a fuck anymore, only enough to type a 2 sec response :)

Status
Not open for further replies.