Bringing back Helper

Reaction score
Brining
bring_back_helper.png
back.

Topic:
Bringing the rank "Helper" back.

Short explanation (in notes):
- To bring back the Helper rank for people who want to be more passivley involved with the server.
-
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I was not in the server when helper was still around, and I am not really sure why the rank was taken away, but I do belive that the rank is needed back. As the server becomes more and more popular we have newer players, and new players need help. The Help chat can seem like a battlefield from users with conflicting awnsers and could make the user who was asking for help even more confused. The rank was good for people who wanted to be more passivley involved with the server and it's community and I belive re-adding it will make the server much more approacable for new users and fix the /help issues.

Optional additions:
- Ability (if Helper gets added back) for Helpers to give a definitive awnser to a help message.
- Helpers can delete messages from chat.
- Chaning the way Helpers are selected and monitored
- Adding a mentor chat system (Text Support chat) for helpers to assist new users.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Helper is an amazing rank for amazing people!
ac9363633f.jpg

Although our Lord and Saviour ShamWow did get helper, it was simply a joke (The rank is a phat phony) the rank really isn't needed, if someone does say something wrong, I'm sure a staff member with an IQ above 50 can correct them.

Pretty sure people ended up taking it too seriously, hence it being removed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I honestly liked the Helper rank, it's a brilliant opportunity for dedicated members of the community to take an active part in the community without having to take on an administrative role. One of the main reasons why it was removed was because many Helpers were actually getting things wrong and that reflected on the whole staff team and caused quite a few issues, along with some acting like administrators and 'punishing' people.

Imo, I'd like to see the rank back, but their duties outlined good and proper. Back in EvoCity they did an amazing job with showing new players around. Plus them being active on Team Speak 3 in the requesting support channels and on the forum. A minority of the old Helpers acted as brilliant mentors and helped a lot.

Was playing SAMP a couple of months ago and one server had a cool feature, they had 'Mentors'. You were able to open a 1 on 1 chat with one and get direct support in-game, they even had a nifty feature to teleport to you. Something similar, not exactly the same, would be brilliant, would certainly make new people feel a lot more welcome.

Reaction score
I'm going to be completely honest with you, I asked one of the senior administrators back in the day when it was actually added when even @Alex_:D was a helper and according to that person it was for people that they did not have full trust in putting as an enforcer yet who they put as helpers. Now also the rank Helper was removed because it was completely useless in the end as the helpers started answering questions wrong, came back a year after they got their helper rank and even asked for help themselves.

We have people who are very active in the /help chat all the time, for example @Minilarro is one of the most active users in there who consistently helps people regarding issues with rules, in-game situations etc... So in the end it really isn't needed as we already have people working in the /help chat as normal users and they're doing a good enough job at it, adding a helper rank is more or less just giving people some weird status that they really don't need.

@Jordan for the mentor part that is something I would like to have but with moderators instead, I would like a feature where we can contact people and start up a conversation between us and them, where as they join the server they can select to talk to us which I really like instead of them running around rdming people just because they don't understand the concept and get bored.

Reaction score
All I see this doing is a rank for people who dont fit the requirements for the enforcement. No point at all.

People will start saying "I am a helper stop this or I get admon to ban you" or something along the lines of pretending to be staff.

Reaction score
Helper back in Evocity was good, they were useful but often answered questions wrong, this caused players to break the rules as they were following advice from a 'staff' member that they trusted to give them a correct answer. This not only made the helper look stupid but also meant players didn't understand the rules as they should.

Me and Bollu removed that shit to stop people giving out incorrect answers that got people banned/warned for breaking rules.

Rip helper it will never return.

@jjjackier was a prime example of a shit helper. Just saying.