Server Suggestion Chop Shop NPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/chop-shop-npc.33914/

Main Idea: Add a Chop Shop NPC to sell stolen cars to for an okay payout.

Full description of the idea:
Adding a Chop Shop NPC somewhere on the map, possibly within the scrapyard (not like anyone uses it anyway) where you can get a decent amount of money for risking stealing somebody’s car (a very small percentage of the initial price of the vehicle). At the moment there’s no real point in stealing peoples cars unless you advertise that you’re selling a car matching its description where they can buy it back, although most of the time they just ignore the message because they’re like “I’ll get it back later, no worries I just hope they don’t wreck it”.

Obviously the payout would have to be small such as 0.75% of the initial price which I think sits quite well, not too much money and more expensive cars would realistically give you a higher pay out, more expensive cars are also rare so you won’t see people getting lots of money from stealing Bugatti’s all the time.

You would obviously be able to get your car back afterwards, possibly having to pay a small insurance cost when receiving your vehicle from the garage again.

Add a cool down between chopping cars so people don’t just constantly steal cars over and over.

Why should it be added?: At the moment stealing cars is kinda useless and if you try and sell them back to the owner you very rarely get a response, the car security upgrade is also very rarely used and kinda pointless at the moment.

I know lots of people have been wanting legal methods of making money but like @Taylor said it’s much better than just sitting still watching YouTube in your steam overlay for 40 minutes checking on your drugs now and then.

Pros:
-Another way to make money
-Makes the ability to steal cars more useful
-More calls for police to respond to
-Gives the vehicle security upgrade that you can buy more of a use since 99% of the time it’s unused at the moment
-Better illegal way to make money instead of just sitting still checking up on your drugs now and then (@Taylor)

Cons:
-Could be a hassle to code it all in
-As someone said this might mean there’s loads of people just looking for cars to steal, possibly make a lower payout because of this
-Could be money farmed with friends as @Creepis pointed out but @Taylor also suggested not being about to chop the same persons car for an hour or so

Other additions: If the NPC does end up being in scrapyard obviously people could just drive straight there and could a payout easily, this means that there should be some sort of cool down for you to lay low before you go chop the car, this’ll make sure people don’t just constantly chop cars and increases the chances of police catching them.

Ayjay

Reaction score
This is something I'm wanting to implement in the near future. Originally this was discussed as you've proposed it, but @Bolli suggested that we tie it in with other "missions" that the drug dealer can give you such as getting a specifically crafted item in return for a nice profit. Equally, he'd sometimes request you get him a specific car in return for some money etc.

If you guys are happy with this, I'd be happy to make it!

Reaction score
I think that this is a great idea! The only problem I see as it's PERP is that a lot of people steal a car to make money and then they start a car chase and end up shooting cops for no reason at all.

Reaction score
Make sure the owner needs to pay to retrieve his car back.
Also I might've missed it as I glazed over the OP but if its in one location police will wait there, so just make sure he moves.

Reaction score
Thats geniually good idea but I think it can be very much abused also there could be option to add new law about it or update theft law
Example:
Auto Theft with intention to sell on black market
It is forbidden to steal thus sell stolen vehicle for intention of income
liable for 6 years & 5500$ fine

Reaction score
Require car thieves to drive the car for at least 10 minutes before they can sell it, just to make it more challenging and less “let’s steal every car I see and sell it”

Reaction score
Cool-down threshold would be needed to avoid excessive amounts of cars stolen, along with code that should prevent you from selling the same stolen car again within a set time to avoid literal money printing

Deleted member 5577

Cool-down threshold would be needed to avoid excessive amounts of cars stolen, along with code that should prevent you from selling the same stolen car again within a set time to avoid literal money printing
Maybe the cool-down could scale depending on how many cops are on? More cops more risk if the alarm goes off and ofc you wouldn’t be able to scrap it right in front of cops so that provides some balance. Also think it would be a good idea for the NPC to move around like the drug dealer

Reaction score
Maybe the cool-down could scale depending on how many cops are on? More cops more risk if the alarm goes off and ofc you wouldn’t be able to scrap it right in front of cops so that provides some balance. Also think it would be a good idea for the NPC to move around like the drug dealer
That could work. Locations could be scrapyard, back of bank, forest tree?, and storage maybe?

Deleted member 5577

That could work. Locations could be scrapyard, back of bank, forest tree?, and storage maybe?
Maybe Scrapyard, underpass by RC, forest tree, and behind church? Feel like back of bank would be too risky as lots of CCTV and very populated

Reaction score
Maybe Scrapyard, underpass by RC, forest tree, and behind church? Feel like back of bank would be too risky as lots of CCTV and very populated
Maybe use the suburbs park too for once? I'm sure most cars will manage just fine getting into there. Probably not out, but if you're chopping the car it's not going out again anyway.

Reaction score
Following up on my post, I think it's better to have an NPC like the Drug Dealer that you can meet up with. (but then make an appointment on phone)
It's also good to have cooldowns for this, like:

- before you can sell the car you've stolen.
- have a timer where the dealer won't but from you for another 20 t 30 minutes.
- only get like 5% to 10% of the actual car worth.
- have the owner of the car not be able to spawn it while it's stolen and about 10 minutes after it's sold.

This would be result in more car alarms being sold and people paying more attention to their car.

Reaction score
Where as I like the idea of non-shooting crimes I have some questions about how this would be balanced.
- What stops people from stealing their friends car and selling it for a profit?
- How will it be enforced that people don't steal eachothers cars
- How will the payout be balanced. It is as easy to steal a bugatti as it is to steal a CRX yet the bugatti would be paying out significantly more. Does this mean there should be 'levels' of car security?

And then more importantly. Would this work?
If you for example need to buy your car back, Then within the week car security upgrades will be equipped by everyone except sweater mini's and there will not be a use for this.

Ofcourse I'd be open to feedback how these issues could be fixed as I do like the idea

Reaction score
Where as I like the idea of non-shooting crimes I have some questions about how this would be balanced.
- What stops people from stealing their friends car and selling it for a profit?
- How will it be enforced that people don't steal eachothers cars
- How will the payout be balanced. It is as easy to steal a bugatti as it is to steal a CRX yet the bugatti would be paying out significantly more. Does this mean there should be 'levels' of car security?

And then more importantly. Would this work?
If you for example need to buy your car back, Then within the week car security upgrades will be equipped by everyone except sweater mini's and there will not be a use for this.

Ofcourse I'd be open to feedback how these issues could be fixed as I do like the idea
Simple: Entwine it into a heist system where a non-player owned car spawns in a location and is the car that is stolen for monetary gain from the NPC.

Stealing player cars shouldn’t come with a profit from anyone except the owner paying a ransom to get their cars back.

Reaction score

I have written a document on how this is going to be implemented which I will share later.

Status
Not open for further replies.