Reaction score
Topic: Concept for Mining

Short explanation (in notes):
- Mining lmfao.
-
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

I really don't like this format xdddd

Most obvious reason on why this should be added would be to create another legal job for civilians so they can make money legally. This has been suggested before, however I don't feel it went in depth about how it should work.

So here's the concept behind it;

You'd head to Uncle Cos to purchase a pickaxe

9a9780895b.jpg

After that, you would drive your fresh mini cooper to the stone hedge area or the area next to the dead tree

I guess to gather the resource you would just whack the hell out of these massive rocks, which would give you the ore of the resource, let's just say it's iron for now. So you would receive Iron ore, obviously you can't carry it all so you'd need to utilize the storage of your car, so buy some dench transit for the best miner rp xdddddd.

rover-mini-cooper-monte-carlo.jpg

82ac1f09c1.jpg

4a99d1a990.jpg

Then you'd head back to Uncle COS and speak to this sharp gentleman who will process the ore to iron for a fee.

1fbff99756.jpg

After you have the processed iron you would then head to the docks, where you will be greeted by the iron processors twin (optional addition meme) where you will be able to sell the Iron.

543d85e0cd.jpg

That's the concept that I feel would work best, there is a distance in between each process which wouldn't make it that OP and it would allow dirty crims to mug these poor guys. I wouldn't know how much the finished product would sell for, I guess that's something that we should all discuss?

This whole process is the common way it works on Arma servers;

OK, @Imperial Watch and I drafted something very quickly about the money making side of it, so:

• You can make a maximum of $36,000 an hour by growing drugs with premium
  • You can make a maximum of $18,000 an hour by growing drugs without premium

• When mining, you would be able to gather 2 ore a minute.
  • When you process the iron ore it will halve the amount you have and turn it into bars.
  • Iron bars can be sold to the NPC at $450.

• You can mine a maximum of 120 ore an hour.
  • Processing that 120 ore will make 60 iron bars.
  • Selling 60 iron bars will get you $27,000.

• Ore will take up at least 1kg of space, To put it into perspective, a Mini Cooper has a maximum of 10kg of space.

My reasoning for mining making more money than a non-premium doing drugs is because of the effort you need to put in during the entire process, you need to actually get the ore, drive to the city, process it, which will involve you switching out the ore from the car with the bars and keep going until you've done it all, then you'll need to drive to the buyer at the docks.

If you think there is anything wrong or you think it should be different, please say!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Should add mining levels aswell. Just a suggestion but maybe: 1-15 mining gets you copper and tin @ Stonehenge, 15-55 gets you iron and 55+ you could mine like adamantium or something. Just a quick suggestion I got..

Reaction score
d280989b4a.jpg

Ok.
This would be nice for the sweatervests because so they won't forget about their favorite game Minecraft but they want to grow up so they mine in Garry's Mod instead!

Maybe start with coal, then iron, then gold, then diamond and maybe some emeralds.

Reaction score
Just for reference, how much 'average' would you make from growing drugs on a single 'batch'?

Reaction score
I like this idea and all, but couldn't this just open for plenty of people getting mugged at stonehenge when trying to mine?
Can multiple people mine at the same time? Any idea about how much you can get from one rock, will it be an infinite source?

Reaction score
I like this idea and all, but couldn't this just open for plenty of people getting mugged at stonehenge when trying to mine?
Can multiple people mine at the same time? Any idea about how much you can get from one rock, will it be an infinite source?

Of course it gives the opportunity for them to be mugged, that's why people are going to have to remain vigilant, the PLPD are going to have to take that area into consideration and patrol there. Besides, I don't see why people would mug people that are mining ore, it'd take a very long time to move stuff to the trunk of the vehicle since you can't carry it all. However, certainly at the docks area when you're given the money.

I don't see why there should be a restriction on how many people can be mining, tonns of rocks yo.

I would say the source itself should be infinite, at the moment I'm seeing how much that you can make, just scaling it to drugs.

Reaction score
This sounds great, i loved mining in minecraft, and hate perpheads so this would make it mineheads and i would love it +Support

Reaction score
I think It would be cool if you could sell the metalls to other players that they can use for crafting. Also a function that makes you able to chop trees and sell it to a npc or another player for crafting.

Reaction score
Welcome to our community Ryan The Russian dog.
As much as I like your idea, yes it has been suggested before. And it IS a good idea, but 3 years have passed since player owned economy was announced, just like Gayben can't release Half Life 3.
I really can't say anything here that will help hurry the player owned economy up.

Reaction score
OK, @Imperial Watch and I drafted something very quickly about the money making side of it, so:

• You can make a maximum of $36,000 an hour by growing drugs with premium
  • You can make a maximum of $18,000 an hour by growing drugs without premium

• When mining, you would be able to gather 2 ore a minute.
  • When you process the iron ore it will halve the amount you have and turn it into bars.
  • Iron bars can be sold to the NPC at $450.

• You can mine a maximum of 120 ore an hour.
  • Processing that 120 ore will make 60 iron bars.
  • Selling 60 iron bars will get you $27,000.

• Ore will take up at least 1kg of space, To put it into perspective, a Mini Cooper has a maximum of 10kg of space.

My reasoning for mining making more money than a non-premium doing drugs is because of the effort you need to put in during the entire process, you need to actually get the ore, drive to the city, process it, which will involve you switching out the ore from the car with the bars and keep going until you've done it all, then you'll need to drive to the buyer at the docks.

If you think there is anything wrong or you think it should be different, please say!

Reaction score
I think there should also be illegal ore where you have to mine illegal toenails and sell them to the scary toenail man but he only operates during certain hours to stop people getting loads of profit in early hours of the morning when there's no police.

It's a mining job for the passive and aggressive alike.

maybe a little bit more in depth than this but you know

Reaction score
tfw people are hypocrites and +supports cus its jordan xd

Anyways; I would love something like this as obviously jobs like these are needed at the moment instead of having sweatervests growing with an ak-47 shooting cops for no reason. For real though I believe this would make the gamemode more enjoyable for cops and passive rpers as obviously it opens something new up. +Support

Reaction score
+Support for the idea and POSSIBLY you could buy a claim of land from the bank (that has rocks duh) and then hire workers (sweaters) and could open up opportunities like kidnapping @LordTyla and then forcing him to work the claim also there would be different type of things such as fighting over claims..... we all know lots of people will raid claims more and make sweaters work the stakes and then strip them of the ores and then the claim owner sells it then hands back estimated 10-15% of the price made by the ore, also will open up things in factions such as Mine Operator (Owner) then Claim Security then you have your Workers ((Sweaters)) who work for alleged "freedom"

Status
Not open for further replies.