Mining Suggestion for Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Adding a semi-complex mining system as a new method for making money. I propose this because I strongly believe the server is in dire need of new ways to make money. Here is how I think the idea should work.

-You purchase a pickaxe or other stone tool
-Go to Stonehenge or a mine if there is one on v5 @Madda ??
-You begin hitting the Stonehenge and have maybe like a 70% chance of finding a rock on each hit
-Once you have enough rocks, you go to a rock washing NPC that could be located somewhere around parker/glass co - this location makes the most sense to me.
-After your rocks are washed, you need to process them with ANOTHER NPC. After processing, you receive different minerals like Diamonds, Gold, Iron, and maybe add like a 1/100 chance of getting an Emerald or some other prized mineral that is worth significantly more.
-After processing the rocks, you find different NPC's for each corresponding mineral. There should be an NPC for Diamonds, Gold, Iron, etc or just make it one if you want. NPC location should be dynamic like the drug dealer and should have spawn points inside the Jennifer's clothing & jewelry store and maybe Cafe's, the bank, McUwes, and other civilian locations.

Why should this be added? (pros): More ways to make money, situations providing for more rp scenarios, aDdS rEaLisM

What negatives could this have? (cons): time to code

*Other additions: no

DIY-Diamond-Armor-Minecraft-Steve-MommyMafia.com_.jpg

Ayjay

Reaction score
Hey!

You'll be happy to know that something along these lines is already in the works, we've wanted to do it for a long time, and a new map is the perfect place to release such an update. @Madda has already started work on a 'mine shaft' under stonehenge for V5 and I'm working with @roxie to get models and animations made for this update. This system will feature the following things:

• Backpacks/duffel bags can be bought/made (these can be used to carry mined ore/materials)
  • Pickaxe can be used to mine ores whilst in the mine shaft (different pickaxes are stronger than others)
  • Unsmelted ore can be sold directly to the foundry for a much cheaper price
  • Ore can be smelted/refined using a 'furnace-style' item
  • Smelted ore can also be sold OR used as materials to make certain (new & old) items
  • Base metals vary in price depending on what ore you have mined and other variables
  • The price for certain metals will vary over time, requiring you to check what is in demand before you go mining
  • We will offer a simplified version of mining/smelting for a lower profit return
  • Mine shaft will change over time and we will continue to develop this 'job' to ensure it stays fun

Ores:
  • Copper
  • Iron
  • Zinc
  • Led
  • + more(?)

There's certainly more things that we will feature in this update, but this is the bare bones of it. I'm really excited to work on this, and I think it'll be a new fun and exciting thing to do, we just have to ensure it's done correctly and is made for longevity rather than a flash in the pan update (org update).

We're always open for suggestions and would love to hear your feedback, in the coming days I'll open up a suggestion form for this specific update. I may also open a thread which will showcase mine and @roxies development for the new map with things such as mining, farming and lumberjack activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.