Conditions to become SWAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As far as i know you can't be a SWAT member if there aren't enought police officers, so i'm suggesting to specify how many police officers there's need to be before someone can get promoted to SWAT.

As it's now people can get demoted (or even blacklisted i think) since there's no rule that says anything about that, indeed i got demoted the fist time i did it since i didn't know i couldn't.

Also today there was just me playing as Officers (0/1 Lt, 0/2 Sgt, 0/2 Speed enforcer) and then another one became Officer and then SWAT, so i told him there's need to be at least 2 officers in service to have a SWAT, and he replied: "oh no, there's no rule saying anything about that"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think there should be a rule about it, as swat needs to be called out (most cases) to work, otherwise if they see a critically crime in front of their standby location. I think there has to be 1-3 LEO's for someone to become part of swat.

Reaction score
1 officer 4 swat lost count how many times I saw this.

SWAT is needed alot less than police all they do is sit at PD farming money then once they get to a call out they shoot literally everyone even the hostage. I believe that there needs to be some form of whitelist or exam for SWAT the job earns a huge ammount of money for doing barely anything.

Reaction score
Not to revive an old post, but I suppose this is as good of a place as any. This type of idea has been around for quite awhile, however main reason it hasn't been changed in all honesty is because I need to freely join SWAT while testing anything to do with them, and since I often test alone the limit would hinder my progress. That said, the problem is more than joining it also has to do with if other officers resign yet SWAT are left over, what should happen to them? Random demotion or do they keep their job?

On a side note, with the recent changes to police with sergeant added, there have been talks about SWAT are reserved slots to which the lieutenant would assign certain officers to sign up for SWAT if needed. So instead of a permanent job it would be more of an as needed one. Pay/slots for now would still be set by the mayor, but who could join specifically is at the lieutenant's discretion. Also it would be in the rules about if SWAT are active with no currently needed situation that they would be eligible for immediate demotion.

Just thought I would share some insight into what I view as the best option for SWAT and combating the times in which they do nothing but sit around.

Final thoughts: As mayor, I would recommend lowering SWAT pay/slots if there is no need for them at that time. Lieutenant and mayor are free to demote SWAT if the person refuses to leave their post for an officer role instead when there isn't a time to have employed SWAT members. Keep in mind they can make up a rather large part of the city expenses. Lastly, try to find an answer to my questions in the first part of this post.

Reaction score
That said, the problem is more than joining it also has to do with if other officers resign yet SWAT are left over, what should happen to them? Random demotion or do they keep their job?
About the first problem, i tought it would be good as it is now (nothing happens) but the player, knowing the rules, should leave the his SWAT job by himself. So I'd, for the moment, just add a rule saying that if there aren't enought Officers you can't join the SWAT team, and if an Officer resing and the Officers are below the limit (of 2-3) you(SWAT member) have to resign your position

Status
Not open for further replies.