Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Police Officer Whitelist.

Short explanation (in notes):
- Whitelist on SWAT
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
After my gametime on this server I've always been thinking of something with whitelisting the police, however it has come across that the SWAT officers have gotten a lot of shit on them for shooting hostages and such during a hostage situation bank robberies where they just rambo in and spray the house down. So what I've been thinking of now for SWAT is a system where some people train them. Some of you may know that Sgt.James was working on this for the officers. I don't really know why that gone down as I was inactive back then. Well here are the ranks that could be used for the SWAT officers.

SWAT Training ranks.

Head Training General - Senior Training Commander

SWAT Training Officer

Trainer in Training

SWAT Standard Ranks

In-training

Normal SWAT Officer

SWAT Management

Chief of Management

Senior ™

The Management team are the people recruiting SWAT Trainers and aswell they would be able to train people who've applied for SWAT and got accepted.

I believe that SWAT officers are in need of this.

Optional additions:
- Whitelisting the whole police force if needed (excluding Speed enforcement)
-
-

Trande

+ support

The police force lately makes me sad. That's nothing special anyway, but the SWAT force makes me suicidal. Honestly, sweatervests donate and get big guns. Not so good idea.

Reaction score
I like the idea, after seeing some of the SWAT officers. But I think it would be better to put a exam instead. Also who would decide who gets the job and who doesn't, if it's a person I can see this easily abused -support.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please no, I don't want this perfect server turn into a thing where to get a single job you have to apply on the forums, I would be okay if only swat, But the whole police no? Just no. I would support this, And i think i am if it is only for swat, Support.

Reaction score
+Support

This would be a great idea, if this were to be implemented i gurantee it would stop the "Random swat raid" reports and ban requests.

Garrett Woodfield

+Support, maybe make so you need to apply over forums? Thats kinda HL2RP but, it would make more professional swat / officers, trust me.

Reaction score
Police have to go through an exam aswell and you see whats the outcome... nothing has changed at all.
I can see where you are coming from but if one person is interviewing trainee SWAT or police officers then the system can be used to stop people getting any job. Insted of getting a human to decide weather a person should get the job or not, the server should let some have the job after the person has over a week or two time in game. But still doesn't this come down to one thing?, if the LT doesn't have control over the SWAT or the LT doesn't want to risk getting randomly reported for demoting a miss behaving SWAT.

I also agree that the exams have changed nothing but it stops people who have just join an hour ago getting the job.

Reaction score
I completely agree most SWAT are just screw the hostage shoot the guy.

As for the exams 5 questions is not enough general knowledge about rules and law will help.

Reaction score
A concern I have with this, and I'm sure others will agree is that the SWAT job is all in all a pretty idle job and there isn't always a SWAT team as it is, so white listing it would mean there would be a lack of on duty SWAT more frequently. Secondly, the SWAT job is a premium only job as it is, now I'm not saying all premium players are flawless in their knowledge of the rules and laws but they are or at least should be more sensible and trustworthy than the average sweater-vest.

Another matter would be the whole 'Management Team' thing, who would be consistently active and dedicated enough to maintain this system and would they have the time to 'train' the other SWAT officers. If there are concerns about the way SWAT conduct themselves and their 'trigger happy-ness' It may be an easier solution to make a Job Exam for the SWAT job or maybe have some examples added to law 11.3

User0

+Support some swat will raid without warrant or abuse the laws without getting punished. Or add a exam for swat officers with hostage questions bank etc

Reaction score
UPDATE: I've now created an automatic warning system for the SWAT Management and Training team. Normal SWAT Officers will have access to this so they can view their warnings and such.

Reaction score
Random raiding is not the problem of SWAT. SWAT's job is too show up and follow the orders giving too them from the LT. It is his decision too issue a warrant or, not SWAT just shoot the people.

Reaction score
Technically, SWAT is already white listed job as you need to pay to play it. And if you get blacklisted you practically burned your money. But giving basic training, like a actual training course for SWAT while they are not on duty, because those guys just stand by their van and do Sex-RP half the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why whitelist when we can also just blacklist. The problem usually doesn't lie with the knowledge of the rules, but with how people obey the rules. People won't have a problem filling in an exam, but will tend to start break the rules when they're bored. Another option instead of whitelisting could be being more strict and enforce the rules.

Reaction score
I myself have had bad experiances with swat, if they were whitelisted it would mean that you could always know, swat would do their job well. As long as people who are actually good as swat are accepted. EDIT ON PHONE: I agree with rutger but that would not be a solution that would be practical in my opinion. This would mean swat would have to break the rules first before, therefore they would already if ruined roleplay at some point. Whitelisting, if done correctly, could mean that no roleplay is not ruined, that swat could be trusted to do it right. +support

Reaction score
DENIED - The suggestion will be denied, we're adding the other concept of having the senior police jobs whitelisted. However, thank you for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.