curaks Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: curak

STEAM ID: STEAM_1:1:72214944

IN-GAME NAME: Peter Sharinglot

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?: I want to become a helper in order to help the community. I've made some enforcer application before, mainly cause i wanted to help as well. Whenever i'm playing i feel like i could do more and help more people. With this rank it will actually allow me to help new players and all the other players as well! I would like to be able to help everyone whenever needed. I feel like i already am great at helping as well!

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?: My rule knowledge is very good, as you can see if you check my warning/bans, i've only received one warning, for 1.1. This has been a long time ago and i know i've improved ever since. I certainly have the abilities/qualities needed to be an excellent helper! I'm active on the server(i'm barely active during exams though and that happens twice in a year for 3-4weeks). I always remain calm, i don't insult people OOC. I'm very good at keeping things professional. And last but not least i love to help everyone that needs my help!

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?: I don't have any direct staff experience for any garry's mod server. Although i have worked with staff stick on policy academy for quite a while now as i hold the rank of Traffic Trainer on there. I do have enough experience in the criminal side as well as the government side on perp, to be able to help if people have any problems.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?: I hope everyone feels the same way i do about this application. If i don't get accepted i'll do what i can to improve with the feedback given to me!

Reaction score
To be honest, I can't remember the last time I saw you in game or OOC. I feel like you need to pump your activity up and make yourself more known. That counts for the forums as well. You made a lot of posts on wednesday, but before that your last post was back in April. Since I don't know anything about you, I can't say anything about your conduct or anything else really.

That's the only advice I can give you. Activity. I want to see your name around more often. You used to be a lot active before though.

Reaction score
Thx for the feedback!

Yes i'm a bit unactive now as i'm having my exam month. My exams are till the 17th of june. Also due to corona i had a lot of selfstudy and more projects then normally which forced me to work and focus more on school.

As for the forums, I do check the forums a lot i'm just not much of a person who posts a lot of stuff.

Reaction score
Hello curak,

My feedback for you on this application is as follows:
  • Activity - Your activity is not the greatest. I understand you have exam month and Self-study and so do many of us as well. I feel you need to improve on your activity, this goes for the forums and TeamSpeak as well.
  • OOC/In-game Conduct - I see you conducting yourself really well in OOC. I haven't noticed any toxicity from you. However, I feel that you need to be more helpful in OOC and /help.
  • Roleplay - Something I see is you generally sitting in a Bazaar shop just crafting. I rarely see much Criminal/Police roleplay from yourself, Then again, what am I to say when I mainly play Police.

Ways I think you could improve on being more helpful could be contacting TinySlayer and asking him about writing up some guides on help.perpheads.com
I am sure TinySlayer would love for more Writers.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
thx for your feedback @Jimmy Jackson

I know my activity isn't well, and i also know a lot of people do have exam month and a lot of self study, i'm not the only one. I do prioritize school over gaming though, i don't really see this as a negative thing, if I fuck one of my exams up i have to redo them in august so i'll be inactive even more... That's why I'm not that active during this exam-month.

As for the forums, like I told jjjackier as well, i'm very active on forums i always have them open. It's just that i'm not someone who posts very often. I do know i should give my ideas a bit more on suggestions and applications and so one. That is one of my working points.

As for teamspeak. Since i don't really go into private channels, i don't go on teamspeak a lot. I'm on teamspeak though whenever needed and i can surely improve on this as well!

For the roleplay part, you're again right. I've been crafting a lot lately as i'm trying to make perpmarket.com a real and a good working site. I personally think this really helps the community. And as i don't have much time as I've mentioned in my activity part. I do craft most of the time on the server. This will change though after my exam-month is over! I'll have more time to play, so i'll have time to roleplay more actively!

(My exam month lasts till the 17th of june btw.)

I will contact TinySlayer about helping out to write the guides, i didn't since i thought there were already enough writers!

Thanks again for your constructive feedback, I really appreciate it!

Reaction score
It's understandable, the UK Is currently saying ''Maybe we will send you back for exams, but maybe not". It's become a pain in the ass.
Good luck with your exams!

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson Thx! I've got all my exams online. It sucks since i have to make a vid of my room and they record using my webcam the entire exam. Like i kinda find it a breach of privacy, but whatever i want to get over with these exams.

pfff the unknowing is hard i guess, it's fucked up i'd rather take them online then in a shitty way.

Reaction score
Hi @Ashur, @ibraaa, @Muffins, @Zexinity, @DB KILLER, @Daigestive!

You have every right to disagree with my helper application, however i would love to receive some feedback from you guys, so I'm able to improve on whatever capabality or requirement I do not meet according to you. Please give me some constructive feedback so i can improve and become better for everyone!

If you really don't want to go into depth about this, it's good as well, i just thought i would write this to you guys, since you're the 6 guys who disagreed but didn't give me any feedback. Feel free to do what you want.

Thanks in advance!
curak

Reaction score
Wait till your exams are over, then apply. Dont do it while still not very active. Just an advice, rather than that I can see you being a good staff member and helping the community. Althought I do think there will be too many helpers, atm there are a ton already, havent been on server so dunno how much it is compared to how many people, but from looking on the forums, alot.

Reaction score
thx for giving me the feedback, i thought i'd apply since i'm still somewhat active now, during my exams, since i've prepared good in the last month! I've been on the server for around 80-90hours in the past two weeks i think.

Reaction score
Hi thx for the feedback!

I've been inactive for a month i know, due to me preparing my exams and working for schoolprojects. That has passed now and i've already been on the server for 80-90 hours in the past two weeks. I will be fully back after exams that end the 17th of june. I don't feel like this should be a reason for me not to become helper since i'm pretty active when i don't have exams....

Thx for the feedback though, i've heard it from a lot of people, i'm working on it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
pls don't take my reply to you in a wrong way. I was just wondering if you guys had some feedback, if not that's completly fine! I just want to improve who I am as a player and hopefully future helper!

I've hesitated to contact you all seperatly in a private message, but since this is about my helper application. I thought it would be better to contact you in my application.

Thx for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.