Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Exnem

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:56233091

IN-GAME NAME: Alexandra Lotus

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?: As generic as this is, I would very much like to help people with their troubles. I would also like to use this position to introduce new players to the gamemode, help them stick around a little longer to see that the experience isn't just looking at a black screen whenever they play. That it's deeper than just being dead for having said the wrong things, or done something wrong. Guiding newer players on the correct path to learning all that perp has to offer has been an idle interest of mine for quite some time, not that I can't do that right now. The reason I want to be a helper on top of all of this is to show people that when the information is given, it's from a trusted source. After all, official titles are a little easier to trust than completely random people in a public chat. An idle interest of mine was also to be able to hold a low level staff role. I have plenty of time on my hands and this is a new avenue for me to explore, so why not spend it doing something useful for a community I've been in for so long.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?: I don't believe I've had a huge impact by myself on the forums, I have been answering help chat in-game occasionally with accurate information whenever I knew the solution to someone's problems. Over time I've also deliberately gone bug hunting to rid the server of bugs I thought could cause issues, and reporting said bugs. I found quite a few including being able to buy baseball bats and equip any weapon as any job, just to name some. With 3488 hours on perp alone, and a total of 8900 hours on Garry's Mod, I've gained a lot of experience playing here, that's experience and advice I can pass on to other people, new or old alike. I've been doing some work on myself to curb the mingy side, as well as in general improve my reputation.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?: I have never actually held any administrative role actively, where enforcing rules or helping people was a daily task of mine. But I'm optimistic going into this.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?: Any feedback is appreciated, please do highlight where you think I can improve myself. Like I said in one of my previous Enforcer applications, I'm mostly testing the waters with this application and not entirely expecting to be accepted as a member of staff, but with the application I am quite willing to hold the role should I be.

Reaction score
I have seen this guy help out a lot recently on the server, one situation which stood out for me is when the guy asked about getting rid of grass and you took the time to find out the correct command and provided him with a helpful response.

Clearly very experienced with the server itself despite the lack of administration experience I reckon this guy would make a great helper regardless

Best of luck

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
isn't this the same dude who made the most dramatic goodbye post of all time?

Reaction score
I've seen you around the past couple of days/week, you seem like a decent guy, know the rules and tries to help when possible. +support from me.

Reaction score
a very nice member of the community, I especially enjoy get ziptie alerts from you :banghead: Only thing is I don't think I've seen you help out too much in OOC. However I haven't played to much recently so I'm not sure if thats maybe why. Assuming you sort out your activity in OOC I think you'd be a very good fit for a position like this.

Reaction score
My attempts at leaving failed miserabely. After about a month or six I start to feel like joining the server for whatever reason, primarily due to being bored I think. That was a pretty dramatic one, yes.

Reaction score
I haven't had the OOC activity I'd like, I notice that I tend to ignore OOC when I'm busy doing something in-game. It's definitely an area I can improve on.

Reaction score
+Support, You may not be that active in OOC but recently I have seen you helping people asking about things in LOOC or IC. Those people I have seen you help you really try to do your best!

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
+Support
Helpful person, I do believe he will be good for this role, Also put some effort into his application! :)

Deleted member 5577

Sure im more than happy to get proof but the report was dealt with

Reaction score
Since it's now dealt with.
The situation happened due to a misunderstanding on my part, and I completely missed a broadcast the mayor made which verbatim said: "The taxes are at 0%". So admittedly I was wrong. I was too focused on assassinating him and missed it completely. Even during the report I had no idea he made that broadcast. I had no intention to break 3.12, but I wasn't paying enough attention and that's how it happened and I agree. If I paid more attention then this wouldn't have happened at all.

As to me asking for evidence, you mentioned 2.5 before editing your reply to say 3.12, and I had no idea what you were referring to then.

Reaction score
Puffy is a separate matter entirely. We warned the mayor in advance. Due to the misunderstanding, roughly 30 minutes later I shot him. This wasn't careless, I did this by complete accident and I acknowledge what I did. I was confused because I was missing an important piece of the story.

Deleted member 5577

I put this reply before I got banned as well as another reply which got deleted yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.