Discussion regarding the applications for CoD

Ayjay

Reaction score
It's true that I have held this role before, however I was juggling two senior roles & a busy job at the same time, this disallowed me from focusing too much on being CoD. Since resigning, I have been very outspoken on my disagreement with the lack of management and transparency within the department as a whole. I hope to solve many issues that players have with the department, and offer a more inclusive, functional part of the community.

I appreciate that you want something brand new, but I can assure you that I am offering as much (if not more) progression and development as other candidates. I can get things done quickly in terms of PD-related server development, something that others may be waiting months to complete. I've laid out what I believe are the most important steps for change in my roadmap, please ensure you read my plans & help me work with you guys to provide you with something new and exciting.

Ayjay

Reaction score
My part within server development is greatly assisted by the other developers in the team. I have recently got @roxie involved, and he's already made several models for upcoming updates, @Madda is going to be working on map updates, @Fredy is working on the organisation update, @Xquality has assured me he will be working on the updated player models. I am a part of the development in the team, and yes I will be contributing towards future updates, but this isn't going to take up too much of my time.

The most of my free time could be spent focusing on a vital part of this community, the part which many people have personally complained to me about since I resigned - I have shown that I am working with the best interests of this community in my mind, it's time to revitalize a poorly managed structure, and restore some trust in the department I helped build.

Reaction score
Only way to regain trust is to make public all records, i have yet to see the first applicant for the position announce that they will do so. Virtual confidentiality on a gmod server where half the players haven't even reached legal drinking age is a fucking joke. Sure, it will expose corruption within the PD but the only way to fix it is to expose it and deal with it from there. By keeping it a secret nothing will change, no matter who's in charge.

Sam

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by records? Do you mean employee records?

Reaction score
How would this information benefit anyone other than the complaintant and the accused officer?

Reaction score
@Saint Wylde There won't be no random promotions and demotions without valid reasoning, because it would be made public. It keeps people in check, just when someone makes an AR and the staff member dislikes said person. They can't ban them for 6 months just because they ignored gunpoint without prior record.

Sam

Reaction score
So let's say that the PD is a big corrupt organization like you seem to think. How would you be able to trust that the information we give is accurate?

Ayjay

Reaction score
Exposing 'corrupt behaviour' is an extremely important point, it's true that over the years some people have benefited from having friends in higher ranks. Now I'm not too sure how making all records public would go, it's likely that many people could be deterred from making complaints in the first place.

I'm all for what people want, and if people want us to trial a system where more information is avaliable for the public then I'd be fine with that. We'd need to assess what the best strategy is, which might require a bit of experimenting going forward. One thing that I've thought of in the past, is releasing information about specific cases that are of public interest, allowing members of the community an insight into cases of high-ranking individuals, providing the reasoning and justification behind specific outcomes of cases.

Many things need to be improved in regards to this, and I'm sure that the PD and the community can come to a logical compromise.

Sam

Reaction score
@John Daymon I have already suggested this several times to have people to oversee the PD. Like a board consisting of civilians that actually want to do the work. And it would even add some good rp. Majority of SMT/SA did not like this idea tho...

I think it's a great idea, and something I would love to see.

Sam

Reaction score
@Slayerduck Adding onto releasing information, We have had internal discussions about making complaints public for years. But we have always decided not too. I would be open to making complaints public on a couple of conditions, such as old complaints would not be made public unless both the complainant and defendant agrees. In many cases complainants wants to remain anonymous, making all old complainants and records public could compromise their anonymity. If there is a specific record or complaint you want access to, I am sure we can work something out tbh.

Ayjay

Reaction score
@Samuel Just adding onto that:

It might make more sense for a 'freedom of information' request to be filed & supported by a number of community members - After that, a full record of the decision making process behind that complaint could be released in detail.

Reactions: Sam

Sam

Reaction score
@Ayjay Yea I see no problem with that. We have in fact in the past released information about a couple of complaints upon request.