[Discussion] Should we be able to build in and around the streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Currently, you are not really allowed to build anything fun in the streets or in the forest or parks etc, like tree houses and all that shit, but I think you should be allowed too up until the point that you build something fucking ridiculous or you're building shit that causes cars to crash or something.

A lot of creative things could be brought to the server to ENHANCE and CREATE role-play, the city itself is actually boring as fuck, no one really hangs out anywhere, everyone just sits in bases and power-grows until someone raids them or they raid someone.

I feel as though creative roleplay is honestly too restricted at this moment in time and the server is quite literally cops and robbers now, unless you become a road crew worker for five minutes until you're bored. Let us build some fun shit, even if it's just a little shack on the sidewalk or on some grass that you could roleplay as a homeless person in. I'm not saying fucking hot wheels ramps or loop de loops. If you try set up your roleplay with props on the sidewalks or anywhere these days, you're told to move on straight away and get rid of it all.

Leave your thoughts.

Reaction score
I don't think fun is an official recognized word in the staff's discretion book.

May wanna explain them what's the concept of fun because I don't think they've grasped it yet

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
A lot of the staff team will follow every single rule to the dot and would instantly physgun what you're doing. Because of this opportunities like this are missed out on. I used to like people doing shops at city hall to a degree if it was done well. Maybe get rid of the marketplace and make it something more useful.

Reaction score
A lot of creative things could be brought to the server to ENHANCE and CREATE role-play, the city itself is actually boring as fuck, no one really hangs out anywhere, everyone just sits in bases and power-grows until someone raids them or they raid someone.
"3.9 Placing Props
Props may only be placed within properties that you own, or if you have permission to do so from the respective owner; this excludes the use of Police Barricades and Cones. In some cases props may be placed in public if they benefit roleplay, however users must use the report function to consult an Admin if they intend on placing a prop in a public area. Props must be placed realistically; for the placement of a prop to be deemed realistic, it must demonstrate that it can remain in its position without being frozen through the use of a Physics Gun. A maximum of three spotlights may be concentrated on a particular area."

?

Reaction score
i set a roadblock up in forest, got told it was allowed so i could mug people etc and then when someone got mugged i got told to take it down

Reaction score
Never forget Olsen Treehouse @Husky @nade @MachineGun0

It's already covered by 3.9 if it benefits your roleplay then go ahead and build it if it rustles your jimmies but there will always be some staff with another opinion and just wreck down your building with his big boi physgun. I always allowed these buildings even near the city hall market, people used to crash when loading in but not anymore as a Garry's Mod update already fixed that timing out issue so you can still build there as a FYI. Let people have their fun even if it promotes criminal roleplay, it's what keeps the server fun and different as long as you do it realistically.

Reaction score
@D3V didn't appreciate my car show ... :/
c27331cbf77b31a61c8e7767e9f6b0ca.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1515883868,1515882852][/DOUBLEPOST]
fe4de4d92fa23e5621b60c4e61fae2f9.jpg

988b71565de1a63a95be0a4433dc50a5.jpg

Loved setting up scrapyard like this with @nade @Blicky @Cole @Adrish @MachineGunO @Fasool @Jamal

Reaction score
"3.9 Placing Props
Props may only be placed within properties that you own, or if you have permission to do so from the respective owner; this excludes the use of Police Barricades and Cones. In some cases props may be placed in public if they benefit roleplay, however users must use the report function to consult an Admin if they intend on placing a prop in a public area. Props must be placed realistically; for the placement of a prop to be deemed realistic, it must demonstrate that it can remain in its position without being frozen through the use of a Physics Gun. A maximum of three spotlights may be concentrated on a particular area."

?

If the item placed is to engage roleplay then there shouldn't be a problem with removing it, just simply make a report and speak to a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.