Dispatcher CCTV Map Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post:

https://perpheads.com/threads/dispatcher-cctv-map-overhaul.16245/

Main Idea:

To have a map with small icons on them which represent each individual CCTV and for you to easily switch between them when needed.

Full description of the idea:

To give the Dispatchers a small interface when viewing the CCTV, on said interface each dispatcher should be able to click on a "blue dot" which represents CCTV, upon clicking it should immediately switch to that camera.

Why should it be added?:

Currently watching CCTV to help with pursuits is extremely difficult and makes it mostly pointless by the time you actually find the camera you need it's already at a different location and you have to find the new camera.

As you can see by the image below it is covered discretely with blue dots, each dot represents CCTV my concept is that you simply click on the dot and it will instantly switch to that camera.

Pros:

A lot easier to navigate through cameras.
"Possible" more interest in Dispatcher job.
CCTV is more beneficial to the government.

Cons:

Not sure if any.

wco4lk.jpg

Reaction score
My only concern with this is the difficulties of when you need to switch to a new camera, you would have to rush back to close it and then open a new one. For that reason I feel that it should also include the old menu so once you're in if that is easier for the current situation you're observing.

Reaction score
As we're on the topic about a map I'd like to add something for the camera viewpoint, if you're on a CCTV you should have the posibility to have a small version of the map that you can enlarge and navigate yourself to the next camera

opinion?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could we also add some more cameras because there are a LOT of blind spots right now for dispatchers, (ex whole suburbs highway stretch, regals, slums) it's pretty difficult to actually keep tabs on a lot of situations.

Reaction score
A lot of the conversation within this thread seems to be bringing up new and other ideas which although similar should have been brought up in the discussion post. This area is not to advance the idea any more than the OP first made it. Questions are fine if you wish to understand the idea, but additions to the idea need to be discussed in the appropriate section. So do not modify your idea based on replies here other than very small things like a price or value. If need be, retract the idea and further the discussion in that thread, then post with the new revisions. If you wish to make amendments to an idea be sure you post a link to it, but it still must be discussed first.

As for placing markers / indicators of where the CCTV cameras are on the dispatcher map itself...

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.