Model Suggestion DNA Tool Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: DNA Tool Replacement
Suggestion Description: Replace the DNA toolgun with a new custom model of some kind, perhaps a fingerprinting kit instead.

Why should this be added?:
- No more medics pointing toolguns at stuff, which looks a bit silly ngl.
- Right now the dna tool is just a magical toolgun, and it feels silly having it be used by medics and supervisors to find out who killed someone.

What negatives could this have?:
- muh development time
- "wym you got fingerprints i shot him with a sniper?"

Useful Images:
61+43c5cc6L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Reaction score
Ballistics kit for gunshot victims perhaps? Make the process a tiny bit more interactive for the medics when they have to choose between both.
Negatives
Why does a medic have a ballistics kit? :shifty:

Reaction score
Honestly, a Coroner/M.E./crime lab tech jobs should do all this shit instead of cops and medics anyway.
So the coroners can be drive-by killed by the person who killed the person being DNA Scanned instead of cops or medics? Having a whole job to do this would be pointlessly complex, and the job would almost always be dead.

The realism and complexity aspect of virtually every other complex feature added to perp was toned down eventually, this would just be the case for the "Coroner" job eventually too.

Reaction score
So the coroners can be drive-by killed by the person who killed the person being DNA Scanned instead of cops or medics? Having a whole job to do this would be pointlessly complex, and the job would almost always be dead.

The realism and complexity aspect of virtually every other complex feature added to perp was toned down eventually, this would just be the case for the "Coroner" job eventually too.
How about a coroner's office in the Hospital where the medics instead of bodies disappear into thin air and there's a drop-off zone and medics drop bodies off there and make a field DNA test requestable if there are too many bodies to transport? Keep the option to just instantly get rid of bodies if the coroner isn't active. It would have to be very high paying though.

Reaction score
So the coroners can be drive-by killed by the person who killed the person being DNA Scanned instead of cops or medics? Having a whole job to do this would be pointlessly complex, and the job would almost always be dead
The cops and medics get gunned down to so there isn't much difference with that. Cops also end up dead very often so again not much of a difference either. PD is known as black screen simulator.

Reaction score
Just pointing out, the kit you supplied would be unable to really do much in most PERP Situations, as it only uses black powder, and what I assume is finger printing tape to lift said power.

If you REALLY want realism, remove DNAing by police officer all together, force officers to bag or use another acceptable means of containment based on the evidence type, add closed metal paint cans to the server, just one example of new items needed. All important things must be brought to a area in PD wherein a new job handles everything going forward. DNA would need to be gathered for every new sweater and placed into a database. Fingerprints would also need to be gathered from every new sweater.

What is the flash drive doing there?!

Honestly, a Coroner/M.E./crime lab tech jobs should do all this shit instead of cops and medics anyway.

Coroners are elected officials if your using the US system to base it on, as I assume you are based on everything else you have said

Reaction score
i think that would be a good addition to perp, a job that allows a more civilian based faction to do DNAing, maybe att Gunshot residue kits for officers to confirm if someone has shot a gun or not, or add some sort of code that allows us to see if a gun is "hot" when we search a person. like; Glock 20 (HOT) or (COLD) etc
Just pointing out, the kit you supplied would be unable to really do much in most PERP Situations, as it only uses black powder, and what I assume is finger printing tape to lift said power.

If you REALLY want realism, remove DNAing by police officer all together, force officers to bag or use another acceptable means of containment based on the evidence type, add closed metal paint cans to the server, just one example of new items needed. All important things must be brought to a area in PD wherein a new job handles everything going forward. DNA would need to be gathered for every new sweater and placed into a database. Fingerprints would also need to be gathered from every new sweater.

What is the flash drive doing there?!

Coroners are elected officials if your using the US system to base it on, as I assume you are based on everything else you have said
I think he meant it just as a model considering the way DNA'ing works in perp is already wierd and not that realistic. It will anyways look way better then the DNA tool we have today.

And i dont think we would go that in depth and have an elected official, that wouldnt work as we need the job to be open at all times so that dnaing can be done effectively, and that anyone competent enough can fill the job.

Plus; I think making some sort of corner job taking away body removal from medics could be looked down upon, maybe re-develop the system medics have atleast to make the job give them something back as a replacement for body removal pay.

Anyways, i think adding some sort of role maybe even allow medics to change into corner gear whilst on duty so that it is still counted as the medic job and just renaming the job to Medical Services could do the gig too.

Reaction score
YEs I think this suggestion is a valid one but not critical Maybe to add to the experience some type of way to select certain parts to find DNA and to maybe tell you where they was shot in the body!

Reaction score
In my honest opinion, a Coroner job or such would be dead. I think Bnej hit the nail on the head. It would be cool for the first few weeks, but after that it would end up like Dispatch.

What COULD be used, is a rework of how a medic handles dead bodies.

How about a coroner's office in the Hospital where the medics instead of bodies disappear into thin air and there's a drop-off zone and medics drop bodies off there and make a field DNA test requestable if there are too many bodies to transport? Keep the option to just instantly get rid of bodies if the coroner isn't active. It would have to be very high paying though.

What I dislike about this is it still needs a Coroner. But the general idea of having a medic transport the body to the Hospital and drop it off in an office BEFORE DNA can be gathered is an idea I enjoy. Could even add it as a "Morgue" where the medic brings in the body, and once in there, talk to the Morgue NPC and they will perform an autopsy and get rid of the body afterwards.
Not only would this be realistic, it would stop the part of being gunpointed by criminals and forced to remove bodies without any DNA. Because if they do this now, the medic can just take it to Hospital and you're boned. This would actually mean Criminals have to get rid of bodies in a realistic way, and not just "REMOVE THE BODY REEE".

Anyway, that's my two cents. Add a morgue, have medics transport the body there, talk to the NPC and wait for the autopsy to automatically be submitted on to the Police Computer.

This got way off topic, considering it was a simple suggestion of remodelling the DNA tool lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.