Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
Drivers License / Driving Instructor

Short explanation:
-Add the job "Driving Instructor"

Detailed description:
I do not know if there is anyone else who has talked about driver's license, but I think it would be a good idea that you have to do some sort of test before you can drive a car. I've been run over more times then I can count, but 9/10 it have been a police or an ambulance that has no contol at all, so I thought maybe its something we can do to prevent accidents in the traffic by something like that? And perhaps make a new job; driving instructor?

Optional additions:
-

Just something I've been thinking about, dont know if its possible but oh well. Have a good one :)

Reaction score
Well isn't this interesting, I was just telling you about this a couple hours ago. I see her driving on the middle of the road, recklessly, no headlights on. I pull her over and give her a ticket, her excuse I just got my first car 10/10 Moa.

But she is right, the fact that now we have a job exam, there should also be a car driving exam, cause if you look at it. There like 1000 People who don't know how to drive, and the amounts of deaths that happen on the daily is simply amazing.

jesus-seal-of-approval_o_749881.jpg

Reaction score
Well I do not see how a Driving Instructor would help here.... As the main issue is people not giving a damn about the Traffic Laws. Especially during night time I experience that people go twice as fast as they shouldn't. What I also experienced the past few weeks is that Police (when running code 3) think they can just speed past through everything. Normally when approaching the Intersection (when running code 3) you should always slow down and it does not even matter if you are chasing someone or not. Safety of other drivers goes first.

*I guess i will go into detail when making some sort of an tutorial*

I also don't see what a driving instructor would change anything. As people would drive carefully during the test and when its over they just continue on breaking the traffic laws... And who would do the Instructors Job ? I haven't seen anyone on the Server being capable of holding that position.

Reaction score
I personally would like the driver license to be affect on our server, as it would help quite a lot of people with driving in a Serious RP manner/way which could be when you are about to turn left lane on the highway, you learn to use the indicator light proper.
However I would strongly suggest having a car for it that has a very easy handling aka Toyota Prius. ;)

Reaction score
I personally would like the driver license to be affect on our server, as it would help quite a lot of people with driving in a Serious RP manner/way

How would it help people to drive properly ? As i stated above people would just drive carefully during their test and as soon as its over they would not care about the traffic laws. Most of the situations that occur whether its a Car accident or just someone just speeding around the map happen only because people can't be bothered to follow simple laws and when they have to take the consequences (car crash) they just evade the situation without roleplaying it. Often 2.1, 3.3 and 3.15 gets violated just because of that.

Reaction score
i can't say this wouldn't be nice ...but:
there should always be an Instructor otherway who haven't a car yet couldn't take the lincense, and as @Sgt.James said there wouldn't be many player who could be the instructor since you must perfectly know driving laws

Last edited:
Reaction score
+1 to this, great idea to be honest. It would stop people from crashing so much I think. Plus it gives another job to the game which I think would be great!

Reaction score
+SUPPORT One time i was a cop and i saw an accident, secured the road an such, fine, called a paramedic, healed him still fine, called roadcrew to repair fine, but still for a moment, a police car was on the highway, 100% saw the cones but crashed in the accident and killed the victim of the little accident. He drived like he got no brake. He said its because of the speed limit, but i turned around and reached the limit from the car and (he got an charger and i got the VIP car) i was still able to brake before i crash in it. Let's see if it become added

Reaction score
I totally agree there needs to be a drivers licience and points system.

Driving Instructor doesn't have to be a job there could be a application on the forums for people to apply for this driving instructor.

I saw pinball with a mini it crashed into the cop car then went left onto the wrong side of the road then killed me. Also for goodness sake please add more rules on driving and a hit and run law I seen too many cars suddenly driving away from a accident like nothing happened

Reaction score
I saw pinball with a mini it crashed into the cop car then went left onto the wrong side of the road then killed me. Also for goodness sake please add more rules on driving and a hit and run law I seen too many cars suddenly driving away from a accident like nothing happened

Rule number 2.1, 3.3, 3.22 aswell as 3.15. Also depending on the situation even 3.4

Reaction score
Once again who will be the one teaching them ? I haven't seen a single person being able to do that.
Does it matter who teaches them? Even if that person is present, what stops them from ignoring traffic laws? I have failed to see what is gained by this idea whatsoever. If you need someone to teach you how to drive properly, so you won't get pulled over if you do obey the traffic laws, that can be arranged. Otherwise I don't get the point in this.

Reaction score
I agree and if we force having to take a test with a instructor to get a licience dont because who will be a instructor any voulanteers?

Reaction score
This brings back some memories that Rutger knows and Lewis that left the community, oh well ok back in da dayz i've been playing on a serious RP called BIZRP, they had the driver license it was pretty annoying, and pretty good in all ways, but i think it's good like it's so i will go for a -Support

Reaction score
1+ to this idea. Very nice.. this idea can be improved.

It can be like, there is a npc for sign to have driver license and pay some money like around 20-25k and you wait for driver instructer, when he/she arrive you start being driving around by obey traffic rules etc. With instructer And if driver instructer decides to let him/her pass the exam and instructer will go to same npc and click for like "I want to decide about his/her skills" or something like that and will choose he/she passed or not.

This is my idea about improving it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a idea if there can be a blacklist for cars then the instuctors or staff has to review their driving to have a chance of the blacklist being removed.

Its just a draft but it is open for improvement any ideas go ahead.

Reaction score
The new rule 3.22 should prevent accidents so I don't think there's any reason this should be added it's almost to excessive and I can't see it working.

Reaction score
Before Perpheads I used to play on a different PERP-community server. Drivers license was then added to the server but people still violated traffic laws as frequently as before. However, it would add realism to the server in some extent.

Reaction score
+Support, I really love the idea, and i have also played on one were there was drivers license and instructors, and alot of the newer onces really seemed to thing about their driveing, becouse they didnt wanna loose theire new drivers license that costed 15k. I also think it would be nice if you could buy a fake one, for thoose who cant wait to get enough money to get a real one, can just go all ricky mode. (Ofcourse for this to work, you would need drivers license to get your car from the garage, and a fake would be able to bypass this. But cops should be able to detect a fake one)

Status
Not open for further replies.