Drivers Licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/drivers-licenses.19140/

Main Idea: Users have the ability to apply for a drivers license

Full description of the idea: So, when the users joins the server at the moment they have $25k which is used for a house to live in, some drugs, pots etc. which leaves users with $10-$15k to spare. So, what I was thinking is that a user could pay around $500 to apply for the license at the City Hall NPCs, this test would be in the same format as the other tests such as Police, Secret Service and so on. This would contain questions about the road laws and signs such as the stop signs, yield signs etc. If you pass the test you would get the ID card in your inventory (Q) or as a SWEP. If you was to fail the test you would have to pay a slightly lower amount to resit the test and if you was to have your ID mugged off you or you was to lose said ID, you would have to pay a $100-$150 fee to get the ID back.

Why should it be added?: I believe this feature should be added as I believe it will make the police job slightly more interesting due to the fact that they will be able to be given ID rather than having /mes and /descs to support it.

Pros:
- Removes the un needed /me for the giving of ID
- Adds another use for the NPCs
- People will drive more "safely"

Cons:
- Officers may forget to get the ID
- People may not pay for the ID
- More muggings will occur

Reaction score
Simply making a suggestion without discussing in the discussion thread is not useful at all. Many issues were brought up in that you did not address at all or respond to. This includes one reply which takes a direct quote from me that this "idea" still has not addressed in the slightest.

• Pros
    • It's the same difference as using /me hands over ID since you still would need to use some command to do it.
    • Having another use is hardly a pro
    • It would in no way promote safe driving as repairing a car can already be very costly (more so than what is suggested here) and it does not stop people from crashing into everything.
  • Cons
    • That's a major con and one that would effect gameplay massively, since it's more than just officers that need licenses to perform a duty
    • So what are these people to do?
    • Wonderful... More muggings, just what is really needed
While you are not the first to completely omit anything discussed, it does not aid in development when there are plenty of unknowns/issues which would be up to us to resolve. So until you can craft a more suited idea which address these concerns it will go under denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.