Exact playtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/exact-playtime.24650/

Main Idea: Have some sort of command/feature where you could view your exact playtime.

Full description of the idea:
This command/feature would allow you to view your playtime like staff can where it shows "Month/Week/Day/Hour" kind of thing. This could be a Chat command for example /playtime or something that is just displayed Maybe on the Q menu. This is a feature that could even be activated from the F1 options.

Why should it be added?: I think this should be added as Although it is not necessary or even that big of a feature It would show people how much time they have spent on the server. This would also be pretty good for people with over 1 month playtime as they will see How close they are towards a certain amount of time rather than just seeing the 1 month.

Pros:
  • Staff is not needed to check If someone wants to know their exact playtime.
  • Save Staff Time
  • People don't have to take a guess if they are past Weeks/Months
  • Good to know how close you are to a certain amount of time

Cons:
  • Unnecessary
  • Waste of developers time
  • Would Potentially not get used
Additional Comments: As stated in the discussion this was previously suggested and denied for whatever reason but I still think this would be an okay addition to the server.

Reaction score
Why make another suggestion when you would have saw this suggestion get denied multiple times before?
I have seen one other Suggestion made about this kind of thing, If there was a lot of them I wouldn't have posted this also You say
Also, that quote was taken of your last suggestion which got denied aswell...

I don't see anything in the post that shows it was denied and the post is still in the discussion forum

Reaction score
Why make another suggestion when you would have saw this suggestion get denied multiple times before?

Also that quote was taken of your last suggestion which got denied aswell...
https://perpheads.com/threads/exact-playtime.24650/#post-154686

I personally don't think that Appricey's argument is valid. The current months played display is functional as it is, thus meaning that the client already has the data, it would just be a matter of formatting it correctly, which in LUA should not be that big of a deal. Looking at the fact that the PERPHeads code is very well structured and unlike traditional PERP works in modules it should not be more than 30 minutes of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.