Favourite Films Thread

Reaction score
Hey, this is just a thread for people to highlight their favourite film and tell others why they like it so much. So, to kick it off, my favourite film is (ofcourse) District 9. The characters and pace of the storytelling is just excellent and they really set the scene and lore well in such a short time span to then extend throughout the rest of the movie. I believe it really shines a light on other cultures and diversity within the world, and really highlights some of the problems with man.

SL9-2005_1024x1024.jpg

Anyways, that's my favourite movie, how about yours?

Deleted member 1235

20090516221630!Der_Untergang_(poster).jpg

This isn't my favourite, but is a good watch:
v1.bTsxMTE2ODk4MTtqOzE2OTAyOzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
standoff-poster.jpg
hot-fuzz-poster-1.jpg
poster_mobile_02.jpg-7449083217.jpg
5R0LIgh1amIE42Qm7B59yeW9RtF.jpg
220px-Spectre_poster.jpg
the-bad-education-movie-poster1.jpg
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_Theatrical_Poster.jpg
mall cop and like loads of others, these are in order of most recent according to putlocker

Reaction score
I'm a big Tarantino fan.

Inglorious Basterds
latest

Reservoir dogs
91fyNVbnvmL._SL1500_.jpg

Kill Bill
23SIDEBAR3-sfSpan.jpg

Django Unchained
tumblr_nsinw1ih9u1rlpicfo1_500.gif

Obligatory mention to..

Hot Fuzz
arts-graphics-2007_1176371a.jpg

Reaction score
Step Brothers had me crying with laughter but my #2 is ride along 1 and number 3 is jump street (all of em)

Honorable mention to:
Lets be cops

Reaction score
Wall Street 1 & 2
wall-street-560.jpg

Wolf Of Wall Street
wolf_wall_street2.jpg

Der Untergang
Hector's Search for Happiness
hector-makes-sweet-potato-stew.jpg

Hundra-åringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvant
18:35

Reaction score
Goodfellas, and anything else directed by Scorsese, Leone, Hitchcock, Tarantino, Coppola, and Kubrick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In no particular order here are a few of my vast amount of favourite movies. My two favourite directors by far is Tarantino and Guy Ritchie, only movie i havent seen by Tarantino is hateful 8.

The Warriors
The trailer does it no favours you really just need to watch it. I first seen it when i was about 9 by my grandad he got me on DVD alongside The Warriors PS2 game & GTA SA(Yeah i started young mostly beating up hookers as i didn't get the story) Seen the movie hundreds of time and know it word by word. Wanted nothing more than to be a warrior when i was younger XD

Snatch
Brilliant, funny, good music and it's about gangsters what else do you want in a movie?! Classic film by Ritchie. I prefer this to lock, stock and two smoking barrels i think its a lot funnier although they are both class flicks. Again you just need to watch it to get where i'm coming from. Its on netflix at the moment so give it a watch.

Trainspotting
Scottish film about a group of junkies from Edinburgh. you need to be Scottish to fully get it also it's good to see places you regularly see on the big screen. Funny at times, Serious at times but that's what makes the movie.

Chopper
@Thomas DeSimone
He's effing tops!!
I have a couple of his books now and just think he's a really funny guy. Hes the type of guy you wish you knew irl.

Bronson
True story on a guy who has spent more time in prison than Chopper which is really hard. Proper hard bastard who loves it fight, what makes this movie so good is how it's told.

Great but not favourite:
Colors
Menace 2 Society
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Wanderers
Green Street 1
Dallas Buyers Club
Marked for Death
Wolf of Wall Street
City of God
American History X
Apocalypto
Blood in blood out
the-warriors-alternate-poster-designs.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
reviving this thread. Philadelphia is genuinely one of the saddest films I've seen and one of the best, it stars Denzel Washington and Tom Hanks and it's just so sad, this character that you see develop so much go through such pain, I highly suggest it.