Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
GamingPeach Helper Application

STEAM NAME:
GamingPeach

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:83369436

IN-GAME NAME: David Peach

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:

I have been part of this community for over 6 years and what a journey I've had. I started on a bumpy road and it got even bumpier, however, this truly developed me into not only the player you see it has even helped me outside of the server in my personal growth as a young adult. I am constantly helping new players and have been able to do more so with the recent updates clearly showing who is new to the server. The help I offer ranges from setting them up with some starting money to explaining systems like the /Me & /Desc alongside the standard answering of the /help chat. I want players to be able to check the online list and see my name and understand that I am approachable the role helper will assist with this.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?

I believe I would make an excellent helper due to my extensive experience on the server and this has allowed me to understand most if not all aspects of the server and be a great help to those new, experience, or even expert members. I have actively been helping every single player I can. I attempt to answer all the /helps when I am on the server. I have provided guidance and support to players on multiple occasions in all aspects of the server.
I believe I have multiple strong qualities that would make me a perfect candidate for the role of helper and I will list a few -
  • Long and extensive experience on PerpHeads
  • I have experienced the major aspects of Perpheads (basing, police role play, large organizations, criminal aspects, and selling/ crafting)
  • I have a foundation degree in Business and Leadership (continuing for my full undergraduate degree and then plan to go for my graduate degree/masters)
  • I work in a large technology organization at the management level.
  • I have loads of experience within Garry's Mod staffing teams.
  • I have a proven record of remaining active on TeamSpeak, the server & the forums.
  • I make high detailed reports to aid the staff as much as possible in fulfilling their role.
  • I believe I have a good reputation since returning in 2018.
These are the major qualities that I believe will make me a great helper.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:

As previously mentioned I have been on Perpheads for over six years and during this time I have experienced so much, I could write 1000s of words on it. I have experienced all the main areas including the basing with large organizations, the crafting element, and the shop owning element, a lot of the criminal activity and I have experienced the police roleplay aspect. I have experienced all levels of how the current staff deal with rule breakers and have had the opportunity to be in some complex admin situations during my six years on the server.

I have held multiple staff roles on a handful of other communities during my seven years run with Garry's mod, ranging from Moderator - Community Manager.

I have previously held the role of Helper when the role first launched.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

I welcome all kinds of feedback on this application to allow me to develop even more within this community and address any concerns any of you may have with my application for Helper.
Thank you for reading my application.

Requirements:

In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:

• Your time played on the server must be at least one week (press Q in-game to check this) ✔
  • No warnings within the last month or bans within the last month, this includes both the forums and the server. ✔
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them. ✔
  • You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server ✔
Thanks,
GamingPeach

Reaction score
I have a proven record of remaining active on TeamSpeak, the server & the forums.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this not the exact reason you resigned/demoted last time you were a helper? I don't remember you being very active after recieving your role

EDIT: quotes don't work apparently
"I have a proven record of remaining active on TeamSpeak, the server & the forums."

Reaction score
I was removed from the role of Helper in June, I was fully aware I wouldn't be around and put my LOA in for PLPD but wasn't aware I needed to inform over slack (senior staff) as I wasn't even aware of a staff slack at the time.

Reaction score
Hey, I am not going to give any support (-/+) on this application, though I do have some feedback for you.

I hardly see you online when I play, could be due to your PD rank, though I still think as a helper you should be somewhat active to be able to help people.
I also do not see you helping people at all, and I dont really see you using ./help or ./ooc to respond to people either.

I believe a helper should be able to give their focus on actually helping people, and if this is not possible due to your activity (pd rank or not) then I dont think this role would suit you. And helping people is also really important, with or without the role.

I know you are a decent guy, and have the skills the role requires. Though in my opinion you should work on the things above here a bit more.
But hey, thats my opinion and feedback, hope it helps you! :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you Lucius for your reply. I am sorry you haven't seen me around too much. I am active, last month was pretty crazy but par from that, I am active. I often provide help on 1-2-1 basis using for example LOOC. I do reply to the /help chat when other haven't already replied (often the more complex questions). Thank you for the feedback and hope to see you around!

Reaction score
Might be me then for not seeing you on too much, Goodluck with your application!

Reaction score
+Support I have known David for quite a while now and throughout all that time he has been one of the most down-to-earth and caring blokes i know. He has a clear dedication to the community and I believe he would suit this role once again.

Reaction score
I've always seen your attitude to be less than pleasant, and after discussing such a thing with other community members they have given me anecdotal evidence to more than support this, highlighting your attitude as an issue to a much greater extent than I even realised before.

Without a serious attitude shift I don't see you fitting a role like this whatsoever.

Reaction score
-support, There are many reasons for this;
Attitude,
Activity in game
And rule knowledge.

So lets go for the attitude firstly. Your attitude as brought up by sorle is very poor, This is in game and out of game (before you ask for proof I am unable to provide). Without a serious shift in attitude I see think this application should go no where.

Activity
You claim to be active in game? I have seen you 3 times ingame in the past month, this is really poor activity and isn't something you should be "proud" of when applying for ranks.

Rule knowledge
Just like when you was applying for Major you proved to know the rules really badly, That bad you even received a warning since then your activity really went down hill and dropped massively. It seems like when you don't get your way or something you want you are basically like "fuck this"

I suggest if you are going for ranks you wack up the activity massively, Change your attitude and finally learn the rules.

Reaction score
My only interactions with you in-game have been some of the worst I've had in this community, you were often disrespectful, arrogant, rude and just unpleasant to be around for the most part, if that's what people look for in a Helper then by all means, else I think you have to seriously reconsider how you treat others in-game before applying for a role that serves others.

Status
Not open for further replies.