Garret's Goodbye

Reaction score
EDIT
PLAY THIS WHILE YOU READ

Hey all!

Remember me? I'll start with an explanation
My recent inactivity has been due to a port issue, I literally cannot join any server with the port 27015. That is why I could join the cue server for but not the server. I worked with many people in real life and in the game to fix this but to no avail, so I just can't get in the game.

Still, past that, I have life too. Work is busy and though I am on break from university I will be back soon enough. On my break I have taken up carpentry and still continue to cook. I started reading again, which is great, and I am even pursuing studies in classical piano.

I owe this server so much but I still recognize I was always just a cog in the machine. I hope that my time meant something, and I regret nothing.

PD:
It's time for bragging, I may not have been a big guy but I damn sure did a lot and I am not going down without listed my work to be remembered. I started as a nobody, but I was never good at taking orders. After over more than a year of being here I worked my way up to Lt and made many friends and enemies along the way. But I am glad for my time, I know I have done great and long lasting work. Completing literally the entire SWAT workload for their division in two weeks with the help of @Prepper . I worked hard with those in my division to create our handbook and many policies and guides. I brought Internal Affairs to the modern age by starting our use of google drive and teaching Samuel how to work his computer apparently... :D Thank you @Bean Can @Chase @Lee for all your help with the guides and such.

Internal Affairs:
I would like to thank @Brinch for sticking his neck out to get me in. But also SHAME, you were the reason it took me so long to get Lt., fighting the whole PD, thinking I wouldn't be good. I hold hard feelings for that and always will, but thank you for your service.
@Samuel , thank you for your help throughout my time with you. I trust you and I am glad to have called you a friend.
@Cole , thank you for your help. Thank you for not letting me get torn apart by these monsters for my support of Trump, for a group of people who want to integrate society so much, it seems Republicans got left off their list. You have been a truly supportive friend, possibly the greatest relationship I have fostered here.
@Walker we have had our differences, many of which will never resolve. But I respect you, and wish you the best of luck.
@Renfield @ijokerxo @Chase : You were my prodigies. From the beginning I saw you all and knew you would do great things here. Some of you know and some of you don't, but I pulled favors and worked my hardest to make sure you made it here. And though I know you would have made it here yourself, I can't help but think I was being selfish. I wanted to not just say "I knew those guys when they were nobody," I wanted to say, "I made them somebody". And still I am happy to say that, selfish or not. It was an honor to work with you all, you have so much further to go.
@Chris Thank you for your help, trust, and guidance. I wouldn't have made it as far as I did without you.
@Bean Can , I know you have had it rough here but I have always believed in you. I tried my best to push for you to get Moderator, you deserved it way more than me, and surely people way worse have gotten it in the past, hell you're better than the some of the current ones. My only note is that you were always too kind. You have taken shit from everyone too long, probably why you are honorarily called the School Shooter. Sometimes you just have to say "ENOUGH" and buff out your chest. I know you can do it. My word doesn't mean much, but know you were a good friend. You deserve enforcer again, and you deserve mod more than any one of these slugs, you were more patient than anyone else could have been. Thank you.

Resignation:
PD... @Samuel @Jordan
I hereby tender my resignation as a Lieutenant of the Paralake Police Department and all duties thereof. I ask that @Chase be named to head the division of Policing & Policy in my place. I know You are not required to follow my wishes but for all I have done here, it is quite possibly the least you could do.
Staff... @MrLewis
I quit.

Thank you all, I can't mention everyone. I have drunk out of every cup here and been to every corner. If I were to name you all I would need the whole server player list :D.

Smile those who are sad for I am happy, and smile those who happy for I am gone. I will never forget you, each and every one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
oikos.JPG

Raid hungry and proud.

Ahh Garret, I remember back when I was still new to the police department (and so were you if I remember correctly) and you taught me the ropes on how to not be retarded when it came to being a SWAT officer. Just wanna say that really helped me out and it's quite (distressing, sad, upsetting?) to see you go. Wishing you good look on your future endeavours.​

Reaction score
Overall very sad that you left the server with you being such a great staff member.

Thank you @Garret_Pp for everything that you have done for me and everything for the server. Calling @Bolli out to a fight because he is one more American who resigned and wasn't demoted bye you :p

Reaction score
Damn, honestly is a shame to see another great staff member leave, you did an excellent job and the fact that the only reason you need to leave, well the main reason, is a bug with your port.

Good luck for the future, will maybe talk to you on TS every now and again when you're on :)

Edit: thanks for always asking me about northern irish stuff I should know but have never heard of xd

Reaction score
Thank-you for all of your contributions to both the server and to the Police Department. You will not only be thought of as a once brilliant staff member/officer, but as a symbol for what others should strive to be like.

Best of luck.

Reaction score
No... I can't even believe this is happening... It really is sad to know you're resigning and unable to play still. A lot of people miss you and wish you were still around. Thank you for all of your guidance and positive support of this year with me and all the other players. You truly did try your best to help players and I admire that so much. I never thought I'd see you resign. I wish you luck with your schooling Garret, please stay in contact. I am humble you want me to take over politicizing and policy. You did so much for this department and community, I don't think we can find someone that easily that can take your place. Keep up your hard work Garret, hopefully you'll be able to play just a little bit sooner or later. Going to miss you.

2016 has taken another one.

Last edited: