GREAT Staff team! GREAT community!

Reaction score
I think it's important to understand the point of this thread, I don't want this to be the community shit talking everyone, this is more or less a wake up thread to the whole staff team, now I understand that we don't have a lot of applicants @Madda however when the server started to build a staff team what the head administrator at the time did was simply ask people who he felt were fit for the role if they wanted to be a member of the staff team on the staff team, something that built the core group at that time, something that really started it all. This is something that has to be done to rebuild the staff team at this point.

Also if you're running low on staff members and need more but your requirments don't fit any applicants, then you should let some people in and reform them into what you think is a good staff member, some people that have been denied are people I know would do a great job aslong as they would be coached.

For your point regarding the slack channel, what does that matter? It doesn't let the members of the community who apply for the staff team know what they can do from a staff members point of view without asking you guys, who rarely even answer, just like when I got denied last time I applied for staff, I poked you for a reason about this and I was ignored. Let everyone reply to these threads, it's just fair.

Deleted member 6228

All my current bans are pretty avoidable both ingame and forum wise. I did it because they refuse to ever tell me what I need to do to actually improve my chances.

They are super strict on this shit for no reason, for example I got a forum warning yesterday for saying 'im cheating'. That literally stops me from applying for 3 months

• Agree
Reactions: A1L

Deleted member 6228

To put it in perspective, I have to agree with Daymon here.

Theres no doubt I have a troubled past on this server, and it's fairly obvious that I want to continue to better myself and eventually get enforcer but honestly, getting any feedback out of the administration team is like getting blood from a stone. All I wanted to know, if because of my cheating ban, all my applications would get denied, but they refuse to even answer me that.

Honestly, @Collier , I trusted you and was very enthusiastic to see you as SA, but for whatever reason you've stopped being you. You turned into the silent stone that Tiny was and its not helping the community right now when all we want is openness from the staff team.

• Winner
Reactions: A1L
Reaction score
You should have seen Collier when he was mod along with Hendricks, best state he’s ever been in but just like evil purple guy said, power changes people!

Reaction score
Staff team shouldn’t base who gets in solely on the reactions of other community members because honestly who gives a fuck, at least 20% of the community will resent them solely for being staff anyways. What you need to do is change the entire application process, only taking in relevant information, then interview the applicant on teamspeak and ask them about any common complaints to get there full, on the spot opinion on what the others have to say.

The fact is, if the senior administration decided to take the time to interview there applicants as opposed to blatantly accepting or denying them based off of the applicants application, then you’d get a more in depth view of the applicant. You’d be able to check there demeanour, there way of speaking, there way of thinking, you’d get the full dossier on them.

This is how the PD operates from minor roles like trainer ranks, IA, supervisors all the way up to command members. If the PD is willing to do it, I don’t see how or why senior administration can’t take at most 45 minutes to an hour of there ”sUpEr bUsY” schedules to interview applicants, especially considering the major impact that accepting a new staff member will have on the server, I don’t see why at all actually Interviewing staff members would be at all anything but a positive outcome.

Tl;dr: community reactions to an enforcer application aren’t all that should be considered, and interviewing applicants is the best way forward.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
As staff calls people retarded... Forum bans me for using the word retard once. Absolutely no sense, never apply again.

n0tMeLoL

@Madda literally nothing could happen if you let someone try. Just demote them simple as that. They are harmless with admin powers.

Reaction score
Yes lad
uWdk1v3.jpg

Reaction score
Also, one thing the server can do, SA can just make getting Moderator harder than achieving Enforcer.

Of the candidates SA would like, but maybe not sure if they can be great Moderator material they can be as Daymon pointed out "coached" during a probationary period, and if they meet the standards, do good work, are respected, and begin changing their reputation in the community to be more positive, maybe they will continue to be considered, but if not and there is no improvement, they could be removed. Not demoted, but failed.

Reaction score
this is literally what enforcer is... you do a set amount of reports yourself and shadow mentors until you complete them and then are considered

Reaction score
Yes, but this is more towards those who maybe aren't immediately disqualified, but don't have the best reputation, or maybe, those who do meet it and would be great, but the factor of technicality when it comes to meeting the requirements comes into play.