Gun Pointing to Raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 5.7
Your version of the rule: You are not allowed to gunpoint someone from a public place to open their door, in order for you to raid.
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
Quite consistently, i keep on getting gun pointed to open our door, and there is nothing you can do about it. It seems a bit unfair and unrealistic to gunpoint someone from a public place. Same way you cant mug in a public place.

Reaction score
B51A0BBA-E8EA-4585-8267-2DD25ABF36B8.jpeg

What are you supposed to do then? Shoot them? Start raiding them and just let them stand and watch as you crowbar their door?

seems a bit unfair and unrealistic to gunpoint someone from a public place

Forgot that guns don’t work in public. Sorry, there’s nothing unrealistic about it.

I guess just don’t get caught with your trousers down?

Reaction score
  • Staff
Obviously, if someone leaves their apartment, they are going to be going some place else. They can simply wait for you to leave the area.

Reaction score
The only instance in which I would want this implemented is as you mentioned, when people camp at your door waiting for you to come out. In the past I’ve enforced it as 3.4 as I had people literally stood on slums stairs for 10 minutes with rifles waiting for someone to come out and I just had to tell em to clear out lol.

However, instead of disallowing it completely I think instead it should just be enforced as said where they can’t wait outside your door longer than x amount of time, I see no need to change anything else as it’s just the game really. Nobody should be waiting in a public area with weapons out for any longer than they need to, period. Not to mention for such a long time.

Also poll added.

Deleted member 5577

no this is a completely stupid idea just stop being such an easy target or walk out with a gun or something this is perfectly realistic and we shouldn't just change rules everytime someone gets upset something realistic happens

Reaction score
I understand the frustration. But I rarely get gunpointed open doors cause I'm very careful when exiting. If there's people I find sus I pull out a gun in passive until I get outside in proper public view.

I think this should just be like that, just be a bit more careful bud :p

Reaction score
  • Staff
So what your saying is, if someone sits outside your apartment for 10 minutes, with guns out just until you exit your apt, thats realistic. Idk where you live, but move out.

Reaction score
While I understand the frustration of getting raided without being able to do anything, I don't believe that simply disallowing it (and thus making growing easier) is the solution. A mindset of searching for a solution to prevent this would be healthier. For example, personally after getting raided exactly like this, I tend to unlock my door, equip my weapon and then open it, just to be safe. Otherwise, you can store your drugs in your chest and then get them from subs storage and go to sell them.

Reaction score
You realise that this is entirely how a significant number of Robberies occur, right? Doorstep robbery is entirely something that happens.

Reaction score
If it happens consistently, why not ayy lmao them?

Don't have anything in your base, walk outside, they'll gunpoint you to get back in, then they'll try and mug you for your shit, but because they moved you from a public space back to your flat, they forced you into a private area to mug you, thus violating 5.1 and you can scum AR them.

• Funny
Reactions: Mim
Reaction score
It's incredibly annoying, but a very easy way to counteract this is to just never base alone. The second someone tells you to put your hands up, hopefully, your friends would shoot them.

Is it realistic? Yes and no, usually 4 armed men aren't waiting for hours in your flat but the concept of waiting for someone to exit their house to rob them certainly is. It might be unfair, but honestly so is the entire gamemode, and so is life.

Maybe to counteract this doors could receive a peephole? So if you hold E or whatever when you're standing at the front door you can view through the door outside. This makes it more fair on citizens when the PLPD is knocking aswell, but as a balance it makes you very voulnerable from getting shot through the door.
Peephole.jpg

Reaction score
I feel like this is already covered.

Slums stair case is fine, projex stair case is fine. Obviously don't gun point them in slums parking lot or at the gas station at projex.

Just use common sense, play realistically and 3.4 come into effect.

Reaction score
Agreed. But I can understand its frustrating for players who are not in big orgs.

Reaction score
@BigBenji Your saying that lots of robberies happen by people sitting outside of your house until you come outside, for them to put a gun in your face and tell you to open your door??

Status
Not open for further replies.