Harsher interpretation of 3.4

Reaction score
Over the years this used to be way more harshly enforced, but recently the amount of people that either walk into shootouts, or walk around shootouts to watch is ridiculous.

I find myself shooting so many people who are refusing to leave and just watching and its not just newer players that do this, I'm seeing more experienced players as well. It just leads to a super annoying experience when raiding, as you're constantly fighting 16+ cops, people minge grabbing guns and flankers hiding in the massive crowds that stand and watch

Over the years this used to be way more harshly enforced, but recently the amount of people that either walk into shootouts, or walk around shootouts to watch is ridiculous.

I find myself shooting so many people who are refusing to leave and just watching and its not just newer players that do this, I'm seeing more experienced players as well. It just leads to a super annoying experience when raiding, as you're constantly fighting 16+ cops, people minge grabbing guns and flankers hiding in the massive crowds that stand and watch
I don't really see what you want here. The staff team already punishes people who minge grab guns and people who walk into shootouts. I understand maybe harsher punishment on people watching shootouts. Still though this will always be an issue unless you want staff to constantly watch all shootouts. (which is a massive waste of staff time and will never happen) Overall just f6 or AR anyone who you think has broken this rule.

I don't really see what you want here. The staff team already punishes people who minge grab guns and people who walk into shootouts. I understand maybe harsher punishment on people watching shootouts. Still though this will always be an issue unless you want staff to constantly watch all shootouts. (which is a massive waste of staff time and will never happen) Overall just f6 or AR anyone who you think has broken this rule.
People are obviously not being punished for watching though, which is my point considering if you have a shootout in any major area people are constantly watching.

My point is this never used to be an issue

It’s worth noting that fewer players are reporting it. If someone steals a gun, it is reported immediately, but players walking into shootouts to run around them for no reason aren’t being reported and half the punishments from it nowadays is the player reporting they’ve been RDM’d.

It’s worth noting that fewer players are reporting it. If someone steals a gun, it is reported immediately, but players walking into shootouts to run around them for no reason aren’t being reported and half the punishments from it nowadays is the player reporting they’ve been RDM’d.
That makes sense, I don't personally report it because it takes time mid shootout and clips don't always reveal names. So by the time a staff member gets to it about an hour later theres nothing to be done

People are obviously not being punished for watching though, which is my point considering if you have a shootout in any major area people are constantly watching.

My point is this never used to be an issue
I mean I haven't been in the community long so I wouldn't really know but also as Bnjemann said...

I only really report people when I have been RDM'd, a gun has been mingegrabbed or someone who I don't know walked into a shootout that caused me to die. I get what you mean by like being annoyed by people watching a shootout but realistically it isnt that deep if they're just watching it. Once they pick up a gun though then an obvious issue arises and just report it. (I know this obviously doesn't solve this issue but from what Bnjemann said it seems to be less the moderation team's fault and more the fact that people aren't reporting it. So the simple fix is just report it.)

I get what you mean by like being annoyed by people watching a shootout but realistically it isnt that deep if they're just watching it.

No one in their right mind would stand and watch a gun fight in real life, you would scream, run & probably cry.

Anyone not involved with a shootout is breaking a rule by not leaving the area.

Might seem petty, but anyone who breaks this should be warned and then banned for repeat offences.

No one in their right mind would stand and watch a gun fight in real life, you would scream, run & probably cry.

Anyone not involved with a shootout is breaking a rule by not leaving the area.

Might seem petty, but anyone who breaks this should be warned and then banned for repeat offences.
This is my point, and it's hard to enforce this from both sides but if a few serious bans are held out and the occasional shootout is watched in noclip it becomes a lot better

Like you already stated Inchs, if your not close enough to the players, this becomes significantly harder to enforce and time consuming, as you would have to go into your demo with demo ESP and see who the individual was that was watching the shootout, and either return to make another F6 or make an action request, which will take days to review and gather everyones statements and then see if it gets accepted or not. In addition to all of that, most people who sit around shootouts unless they are just oblivious or lack common sense are new players who don't know any better, unless they recieve punishments(that isn't just a 5 mins blackscreen) they won't stop doing so.
We often do not have staff members flying about to observe shootouts to ensure/ lessen the chance of individuals breaking 3.4 like this, and even when we do its a vary rare occurrence.

Shoot anyone walking into a shootout so they make a report for getting RDM'd and then they get punished for 3.4 is the new tactic

Shoot anyone walking into a shootout so they make a report for getting RDM'd and then they get punished for 3.4 is the new tactic
This is what I've started doing honestly, but I shouldnt have too

Anyone walking in a shootout just shoot them, free org xp, no staff will punish you for shooting a twat who thinks a shootout is a cinema

Been like it for like it for well over a year now but yeah just let them make a report and then staff can see the exact location they died and can punish them for 3.4

Don’t get me wrong it is a pain in the ass shooting them and distracting you, but staff should be actively punishing players, and if they are spectating the shootout should be slaying people

This isn't anything new to be honest, as seen below.

Please make reports and send recordings - even if you do it after your shootouts are finished. It makes our job much easier in tracking down people who are breaking 3.4

Back