Server Performance p2

Reaction score
This is nothing that cannot be fixed tho? I do not believe the problems you mention here are a result of the amount of players but rather the way rules are enforced or even the rules themselves. Its a completely different debate and I am sure that solutions can be found (or suggested)
All these issues I mentioned are directly caused by the current player count. Rather than making a long suggestion to fix each issue, I think we should focus on the main problem — reducing the player count.

Reaction score
This is nothing that cannot be fixed tho? I do not believe the problems you mention here are a result of the amount of players but rather the way rules are enforced or even the rules themselves. Its a completely different debate and I am sure that solutions can be found (or suggested)
Are you just trying to be dishonest? Ofcourse lowering the playercount would make properties more accessable and lower the amount of minge sweaters.

Reaction score
Alright here's my 2 cents.

The server performance is fine most of the time, and the only problem with the experience I feel is minge-punching sweaters (on civ and PD, but through time this will be rectified).

Frankly, I think everyone agrees perp is better when there are more players, and we have a bustling city/bazaar/PD. The player count should be adjusted down somewhere between 100-115. Then that'll give a bit more air for the devs to work on performance?

Second server isn't the way I think - once the main fills, I feel the second would just have half the player count and be a watered-down experience for sweaters and vets alike. I would love to be proven wrong though, the love for the server from new players and returning players feels refreshing and infinite!

Que server was fun, but boring after 15mins in a death match when waiting. Maybe a second server would work if we used a smaller map?? Hmm, whats this evocity map just laying around?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you just trying to be dishonest? Ofcourse lowering the playercount would make properties more accessable and lower the amount of minge sweaters.

What I mean is that these problems can be easily fixed by changing the way things are approached by staff, simple example:

When someone had a property and was empty, I would contact them and wait for a response before actually selling it. After discussing this in a staff meeting, we moved to a much more agressive stance and just insta sell properties that are not being used. I can say with certainty that anyone who requested a property today got one within 10 minutes.

The overall idea is that the problems mentioned by @NamesInsane are easily fixed with small changes to how things work, while the lag problem is much harder to fix.

EDIT:

Personally I enjoy much more the server filled with players like it is currently, especially after the updates released by Fredy, yes my ping is high and that sucks but its playable and I have much more fun just interacting with a load of people.
However I also acknowledge the fact that I dont do many shootouts and that is why I am not commenting on the lag issue.

Reaction score
I've been on and haven't had many issues personally. I die often but that's because I'm ass and the lag I do face is in my opinion because my computer is getting old and I need an upgrade.l which is happening with more games

Reaction score
What I mean is that these problems can be easily fixed by changing the way things are approached by staff, simple example:

When someone had a property and was empty, I would contact them and wait for a response before actually selling it. After discussing this in a staff meeting, we moved to a much more agressive stance and just insta sell properties that are not being used. I can say with certainty that anyone who requested a property today got one within 10 minutes.

The overall idea is that the problems mentioned by @NamesInsane are easily fixed with small changes to how things work, while the lag problem is much harder to fix.

EDIT:

Personally I enjoy much more the server filled with players like it is currently, especially after the updates released by Fredy, yes my ping is high and that sucks but its playable and I have much more fun just interacting with a load of people.
However I also acknowledge the fact that I dont do many shootouts and that is why I am not commenting on the lag issue.
Fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood you

Reaction score
I am not even sure there is anything wrong with hitreg from that video. You hit the first guy and killed him.
Then you hit the TFU with your first bullet at least since we see a blood splat (although delayed due to the low tickrate). However, most of your shots went far above the TFU, you can slow down the video and see for yourself.
This just makes me wish we had hit logs to show that you probably hit the TFU 3 or 4 times, which is just not enough to kill a TFU with heavy armor...
I just checked, you did actually end up killing the TFU and you could've seen it in your video, but you looked away as he died (the delay between the shots fired and seeing the TFU die is caused by high ping, but the hitreg was actually fine).

aRpVuSV3iqLg1sHH.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am not even sure there is anything wrong with hitreg from that video. You hit the first guy and killed him.
Then you hit the TFU with your first bullet at least since we see a blood splat (although delayed due to the low tickrate). However, most of your shots went far above the TFU, you can slow down the video and see for yourself.
This just makes me wish we had hit logs to show that you probably hit the TFU 3 or 4 times, which is just not enough to kill a TFU with heavy armor...
Couldn't you create a client side script to see whether a hit is detected and prints the damage, the hitbox is contacted, etc? I know this sounds silly but hey people might like to see this kinda stuff in demos

Reaction score
Couldn't you create a client side script to see whether a hit is detected and prints the damage, the hitbox is contacted, etc? I know this sounds silly but hey people might like to see this kinda stuff in demos
Hitreg is not networked to the client (other than blood splats/effects), so this is sadly not possible.

It should be noted that we are doing better at 120 players than most other darkrp servers at 110, even though they don't have ragdolls or cars.
Of course it could very well be argued that gmod should simply not be played with 128 players, but not having 128 slots is unfortunately a massive disadvantage compared to other servers.

Reaction score
Hitreg is not networked to the client (other than blood splats/effects), so this is sadly not possible.

It should be noted that we are doing better at 120 players than most other darkrp servers at 110, even though they don't have ragdolls or cars.
Of course it could very well be argued that gmod should simply not be played with 128 players, but not having 128 slots is unfortunately a massive disadvantage compared to other servers.
pErPhEaDs oN sAnDbOx???

Reaction score

Couldn't you just redirect people to a queue server that can only be joined via connecting to the main server? If you keep the server at 128 players but in lua, have only 100 players allowed to be connected as a example, while anyone else who attempts to join will be redirected until a spot opens up which will reconnect them back onto the main server.

Reaction score
I just checked, you did actually end up killing the TFU and you could've seen it in your video, but you looked away as he died (the delay between the shots fired and seeing the TFU die is caused by high ping, but the hitreg was actually fine).

aRpVuSV3iqLg1sHH.png
More on the tickrate/lag of the server, I wouldn't say that is playable as it is constantly happening, that is what I was more aiming at instead of hitreg

Reaction score
We moan the servers dead/dying then moan there’s too many people.

The lag isn’t that bad.

Every time I come on there is something to do and paralake is buzzing.

If I wanted to have perfect hit box and no lag I would play Warzone - oh wait even that game which has billions invested has similar issues…

Reaction score
Alright, so, for my part, as someone who isn't a big shooter, it's always been fucky and random whether I'll hit my shots or not, so I don't have much to say on hitreg or whatever. However I'll say driving when the server is at 100+ players has become very difficult, and movement lag is annoying, especially around high-traffic areas, something I don't remember being a massive issue before.

Now, I like that there's a lot more people on, but the seemingly unending influx of new players who see the server in the DarkRP gamemode and join because we're at the top of the list worries me slightly. I don't think we should be trying to court DarkRP players, as a vast majority are expecting DarkRP type gameplay. I think we should be trying to get players from other PERP servers, and should be moving back to a different gamemode, or our own gamemode, for the sake of allowing a smaller, healthier influx of players. We don't want a huge influx of players who are looking for, and expecting a DarkRP-like experience.

I do not think moving gamemode will kill the server, as we went through a phase several years back of needing a queue server, that at times, had nearly 80 people in queue to join, and this went on for a couple years if I recall correctly. I think reintroducing the queue server and limiting the players at 100 is a good idea, and that doing so, alongside Fredy's further optimizations, will allow the server to perform much better.

Reaction score
Alright, so, for my part, as someone who isn't a big shooter, it's always been fucky and random whether I'll hit my shots or not, so I don't have much to say on hitreg or whatever. However I'll say driving when the server is at 100+ players has become very difficult, and movement lag is annoying, especially around high-traffic areas, something I don't remember being a massive issue before.

Now, I like that there's a lot more people on, but the seemingly unending influx of new players who see the server in the DarkRP gamemode and join because we're at the top of the list worries me slightly. I don't think we should be trying to court DarkRP players, as a vast majority are expecting DarkRP type gameplay. I think we should be trying to get players from other PERP servers, and should be moving back to a different gamemode, or our own gamemode, for the sake of allowing a smaller, healthier influx of players. We don't want a huge influx of players who are looking for, and expecting a DarkRP-like experience.

I do not think moving gamemode will kill the server, as we went through a phase several years back of needing a queue server, that at times, had nearly 80 people in queue to join, and this went on for a couple years if I recall correctly. I think reintroducing the queue server and limiting the players at 100 is a good idea, and that doing so, alongside Fredy's further optimizations, will allow the server to perform much better.
I think the queue server could really impact us.

Back in the day of the queue server we really didn’t have many new players however now it’s up to 50% of the server are new.

Imagine you join the server for the first time and get put in the queue server playing gun game. You will be thinking what the fuck have I just joined and leave.

It’s hard enough to keep new players when they land in paralake let alone when the join the queue server and get 360 no scoped by @Jack Bruhross

Reaction score

Back in the day of the queue server we really didn’t have many new players however now it’s up to 50% of the server are new.

Imagine you join the server for the first time and get put in the queue server playing gun game. You will be thinking what the fuck have I just joined and leave.

It’s hard enough to keep new players when they land in paralake let alone when the join the queue server and get 360 no scoped by @Jack Bruhross
Aye mannnnnnn I try and leave most new players alone :D

Reactions: Max
Reaction score

I disagree, you would regularly find between 10 and 25 people on the queue server when it was first introduced. Only issue is it becomes kind of a boring gamemode after a while.

I do not think moving gamemode will kill the server, as we went through a phase several years back of needing a queue server, that at times, had nearly 80 people in queue to join, and this went on for a couple years if I recall correctly.
I also disagree with this. I am very concerned that it could potentially die off soon again. While I don't think we should build a full playerbase on the DarkRP mindset, it has definetly brought in a lot of players that are willing to try. And seeing as how perp was honestly dying when it had it's own category, cause it was so hidden away, I don't think going back to the own PERPHeads category is a good idea.

I personally like the idea of the queue server, as it will filter uninterested people away at full capacity, as they will just join and think "this isn't darkRP" and then leave.

Reaction score

/merates winner

What's your thoughts on rules being enforced more firmly to try avoid the proper darkrp players? Seems like you have good ideas