How 2 Use: Mac 11

Reaction score
The Mac 11 is an interesting gun on PERP in the sense that since the Famas “buff”, there’s no other guns like it. People either love this gun, or wish a plague upon whoever coded it. Low damage, high rate of fire, incredibly high capacity, Here’s some facts about the Mac 11 to begin with:

-it has one of the lowest damage per shot on the server.
- It has the highest rate of fire of all the guns on PERP.
- It is second place tied with the UZI for highest magazine capacity, it used to be first til the MP7’s extended magazine was added to the server.
- It accepts all pistol sight attachments and all unmagnified rifle sights.
- It has its own unique suppressor, the 9x17mm suppressor.

Lets go over the pro’s and con’s of the Mac:
Pro’s:
- Essentially Unbeatable in corridor combat, only typically beatable by a well placed and timed shotgun pre-fire.
- Pretty cheap to make.
- Fully concealable.
- Decent tapping accuracy At close range.
- Accepts rifle comps which adds a few yards to its maximum effective range.
- Insane rate of fire, which essentially negates the low damage per shot this gun has.
Con’s:
- low damage per shot, especially towards vehicles and through doors.
- Eats through pistol ammo. Takes 2 pistol ammo boxes to fully fill a single magazine, which it literally pisses away.
- One of the most expensive suppressors is for this gun and said suppressor only fits on this gun.
- Recoil is too much for some people.

How to use the Mac 11:

1. Acquire the Mac 11:
People who have these often don’t like them and will sell them. I haven’t had an issue ever finding a Mac 11, I currently have 5 and I only crafted 2 of the 5 I have. They typically cost around 7k to make with the stock and mag.

2. Acquire pistol ammo and more magazines:
With the Mac 11, the more mags you have on you, the better. Keep in mind that clicking your mouse key down for half a second too long will result in the loss of 5 or so rounds, so to play it safe, When I use a Mac 11 I typically carry about 5 spare magazines and about 5 boxes of pistol ammo. This wouldn’t be enough for some people however.

3. Acquire attachments:
In my opinion, the optimal way of using a Mac 11 is with the stock, an EOTech compact holo, and a rifle compensator. This would give you the Most value for money without limiting the guns full potential. Another no expense limit combo for running the Mac 11 would be with a suppressor and an eotech micro holo. If you’re on a tight budget and want less recoil and a sight without paying extra, then you can throw a flash hider and a pistol reflex sight on it, I’ve also used this combination and it works pretty well.

4. Find the right scenario to use it:
The best scenarios to use a Mac 11 would be raiding small properties with confined spaces like slums, regals, projex, bazaar and business shops. Any property you would raid with a shotgun, a Mac 11 would also be a viable choice. It also would work wonders for PD raids but you might have some issues with cops who camp outside at distances. Defending small properties is also a decent use for the Mac 11.

5. Controlling the recoil:
Reserve magdumping for extreme close range. Fire the Mac 11 in 1/2 a second bursts at ranges beyond 3 meters. It’s a lot better to trigger mash than just hold down. Move your mouse down at a speed respective to your mouse sensitivity whilst shooting the Mac 11. Make use of muzzle attachments to control the recoil too. Hip fire the Mac 11 only if your target is within punching distance Because this guns hipfire spread would make hitting someone down a corridor like the one to the PD meeting room a huge challenge.

Overall final notes on the Mac 11:
Most sub machine guns act as cheaper, easier to use alternatives to assault rifles. The Mac 11 is not one of these alternatives. The Mac 11 is a “special purpose” firearm, where it’s benefits of use are limited, but the weapon excels over most other firearms in the fields It’s best suited for. People who don’t like the Mac, probably aren’t using it right, or are used to different firearms on this server.​

Reaction score
Or you could just shoot it without a stock, comp, sight and one handed like a real man.

Reaction score
  • Staff
@Daigestive The shooting animation makes the gun seem as if it has more recoil than it actually does and makes controlling the recoil hard because you either pull down your mouse and shoot the floor or dont control it at all and end up with a slow but stable muzzle climb.