How can we save Criminal RP?

Deleted member 5920

Wasn't serious, we were literally memeing in OOC about it lmao

Reaction score
Because you need atleast 12 people in your org to fight the 12 cops, 4 tfu etc etc. Cops have medics too, so you could practically fight against 24 officers. That is why RP orgs fail(they loose shit tonts of money due expensive AF guns). And big orgs survive because they zerg.

Reaction score
The only 3 groups of people I see when I come on now is @Dom_ s org and some of the issralies like whitetiger and stav (whos now banned) and @thehomelessdude mega lollis which is friends with doms org pretty sure. It was fun back when it was 2015/16/17 when there was standish, olsen etc. There was actual competition on the server. Now when I play with my friends the only competition is tfu mainly @Slayerduck when hes sniping from his aids spots. I personally don't really think there is a way to 'revive' perp or bring it back to what it used to be. The last time I saw perp full (not because of server events) has to be like at least a year ago (When olsen and paralake penguin ship were a thing beefing with each other). Now all perp has become is people sitting in bases growing.

Reaction score
What do we blame for the lack of competition? Quite sure something big changed in the start of 2017 :)

rat

Reaction score
The zerg was a thing for so long that TFU got balanced around the zerg and now anything less than a zerg is destroyed by tfu

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Ive thought about this a lot and there's an easy solution. You can't. Too many suggestions,issues and ideas being ignored and swept under a rug because some developers are neglecting the server. All you need to do is chrck the last time they were on forums to see this:
FrEX47I.png

I dont see 40+ new players joining anytme soon so I can't think the server will be full again without using events to boost playerbase for an hour. The servers playerbase is a majority of veteran players that have been here for years and chose to stay despite how bad things changed. These vetran players are being taken for granted with hitboxes not being fixed, issues with the PD and being out zerged by the PD until we get annoyed and go from 4-6 man orgs to 8-12.

The solution for me is to try and get more Officers that abuse the PD safespace for free shootouts to actually do something off duty for once. At times I've seen 16 cops on duty and 4 people still waiting for a slot which means 1/2 the server want to play as a cop. Only way I can see this done is:

-Cheaper guns even if its only decreasing cost for pistols smgs and shotguns.
-Old 556 recoil so Marksmanship is less OP
-When drugs are confiscated only take seeds not planter boxes so you lose like 5k instead of 35k.
- 1 cop for every 6 players rather than 4 making 12 slots max
-rewrite TFU gear up policy so they can't have more than 2 geared unless an active shootout is in progress
-Organisation XP and levels was a decent suggestion. May be useful if you could get increased yield for bank, greater lockpicking chance, DD pays more for drugs ect E.G exactly like Clash Of Clans.
-Make Org wars posted publicly with consent from both parties. 2.5 cannot be enforced while an org war is in place until 1 org forfeits.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The drug system change was unnecessary. New players keep losing money while old ones gain even more than before. People just prefer being cop since the planter boxes alone are 10k

Reaction score
The drug system change was unnecessary. New players keep losing money while old ones gain even more than before. People just prefer being cop since the planter boxes alone are 10k
I just think people are cops because they like it. Others who don't have money for guns and still want to make a good use of their aimbot become cops also.

Reaction score
Being a cop is just the easier way to make money, you simply don’t lose money and automatically make it. The reason criminal to isn’t as popular as it once was might be due to the effort and money it takes to invest in the items needed to engage in said rp. Seems to be only older players getting stuck in with criminal rp.

Reaction score
I don’t think org wars will encourage new players, if anything it might deter them as it will cause them to lose weapons and other items more often. The other suggestions seem pretty good to me.

Reaction score
But you have to be in one of the orgs in order to actually lose something though?

Reaction score
It is way too hard for a newbie to start making money illegally the first few hours once they join the server. First they have to find a place to grow, 9/10 times whenever they buy a place to grow at it will end up being raided by cops/crims before the crop has even reached ready to harvest. I got tired of people using bombs and tried getting around this problem by growing out in the open, sometimes in the forest. I got a few successful crops in before the cops somehow still managed to find them even though they were not visible from any angle as I put them in the trees in the thickest part of the forest. I mainly just stick to fishing now as that's decent cash still

I often see small groups of experienced players raid newbies using bombs and ak's or whatever when the person they're raiding only has a baseball bat or a basic pistol to defend themselves (thats if they have the cash and knowledge on how to craft weapons) which is totally unfair to the new player. Maybe when you do raid theses noobs, instead of killing them and taking there shit, maybe invite them to ride along with you and the boys for a bit and teach them the basic mechanics of surviving in perp/roleplaying and actually give them a good first experience of this game mode because it can be very daunting. I know which experience would make me return to the server if I was a new player.

Reaction score
Ive thought about this a lot and there's an easy solution. You can't. Too many suggestions,issues and ideas being ignored and swept under a rug because some developers are neglecting the server. All you need to do is chrck the last time they were on forums to see this:
FrEX47I.png

I dont see 40+ new players joining anytme soon so I can't think the server will be full again without using events to boost playerbase for an hour. The servers playerbase is a majority of veteran players that have been here for years and chose to stay despite how bad things changed. These vetran players are being taken for granted with hitboxes not being fixed, issues with the PD and being out zerged by the PD until we get annoyed and go from 4-6 man orgs to 8-12.

The solution for me is to try and get more Officers that abuse the PD safespace for free shootouts to actually do something off duty for once. At times I've seen 16 cops on duty and 4 people still waiting for a slot which means 1/2 the server want to play as a cop. Only way I can see this done is:

-Cheaper guns even if its only decreasing cost for pistols smgs and shotguns.
-Old 556 recoil so Marksmanship is less OP
-When drugs are confiscated only take seeds not planter boxes so you lose like 5k instead of 35k.
- 1 cop for every 6 players rather than 4 making 12 slots max
-rewrite TFU gear up policy so they can't have more than 2 geared unless an active shootout is in progress
-Organisation XP and levels was a decent suggestion. May be useful if you could get increased yield for bank, greater lockpicking chance, DD pays more for drugs ect E.G exactly like Clash Of Clans.
-Make Org wars posted publicly with consent from both parties. 2.5 cannot be enforced while an org war is in place until 1 org forfeits.
Stephen not being on his forum account has nothing to do with the playercount, he's still working on stuff for the server

What does Xq do? He works on mostly mapping, do we need a new map right now? No.